• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

10 things to do when OCDO is down...

Alexcabbie

imported post

JBURGII wrote:
I understood what I was getting into, I felt like a good 'debate'.. hehe.. I may not be the greatest at debate but I tried to hold my own on the gun debtes, tea party politics and taxation vs. voluntary charity.. whew.. what a workout they give me over there..
The standard "debate" tactic of the left - including leftie antis - can be summed up as SIN: Switch the subject and attack; Ignore or dismiss inconvenient facts; and call the opponent Names. Going into a debate with them not keeping these tacctics in mind caan be a disaster. Ann Coulter has written a pretty good guide to dealing with them (How to Talk to Liberals (if you must)).

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I think mass pandemonium etc, is very exagerated. Look at Haiti, desolate poor country and the majority of the folks are not running around killing each other. That is human nature, of course there are those who will and who thrive on that, that is why a well armed society is good because then those folks won't last long.

Heard so many liberal news commentators fearing the lack of military and police would lead to anarchy and mass murder, and scratching their heads why it isn't happening yet. Almost like they want it too. Also showing how folks are so brainwashed into thinking we "need to be policed" or we just won't behave.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

marshaul wrote:
HankT wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
1) Go to Post-A-Holics Anonymous Meeting.

That's what I ended up doing.

Citizen was chairing the meeting.

And Doug was giving a (long) lead about how only persons with a minimum of 7,000 posts should be allowed in.....
Dreamer is gonna be there in no time! :shock:
He'll have to pick up the pace if'n he's gonna catch the Dougs....

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
Pagan wrote:
Freak out because you think the anti's over at Officer.com have hired their minions to shut us down! WHERE IS MY TIN FOIL HAT ALREADY?
I'm sorry, modernists use aluminum foil now
Actually, a substantially improved alloy is currently the EM spectrum blocker of choice, involving aluminum and scanadium, as the latter limits the excessive grain growth that limits normal aluminum alloys from effectively blocking GHz frequencies.

As many of you are certainly aware, "Smith & Wesson produces revolvers with frames composed of scandium allow and cylinders of titanium." Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminum_alloy#Scandium-Aluminum

Alexcabbie

imported post

Forget tinfoil hats. Convert to Redneck Zen and get your "koan" from a bottle of George Dickel!:celebrate

(Explanation: "Koan" is a Zen riddle such as "what is the sound of one hand clapping". Sounds like "corn" which is what whiskey is made of ("whisky" is made of barley malt) get it?.....forget it.)

JBURGII

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
JBURGII wrote:
I understood what I was getting into, I felt like a good 'debate'.. hehe.. I may not be the greatest at debate but I tried to hold my own on the gun debtes, tea party politics and taxation vs. voluntary charity.. whew.. what a workout they give me over there..
The standard "debate" tactic of the left - including leftie antis - can be summed up as SIN: Switch the subject and attack; Ignore or dismiss inconvenient facts; and call the opponent Names. Going into a debate with them not keeping these tacctics in mind caan be a disaster. Ann Coulter has written a pretty good guide to dealing with them (How to Talk to Liberals (if you must)).
Isn't that the truth.. it is amazing when I do get things right and argue a good point with cites.. and still get called a doody head.. !?