• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

my experiance today

marine77

imported post

Went down to Chattanooga to Sam's. Went shopping for all the goodies :lol:.

Was OC'ing, and a guy comes up to me and asks, "Are you a police office?"

(Sh*t). "No i'm not." He says, "Why are you carrying a gun?" I say, "Because i can."

He looks at me with a stupid look on his face. (Must be normal) I say, "I can because

of the Second Amendment." He looks away, then turns back to me and says, "I've

got a Handgun concealed permit." (Shows his knowledge about the handgun laws

in the state of Tennesse, nil) I respond that, "I got a Handgun Carry Permit, not

Concealed. That's why I'm open carrying." He: "Whatever you think. I used to be

a police officer....yada, yada, yada. I've got four permits."(What is this, a game of

who has the most?) And on and on ad nausem. I again told him that it is a Handgun

CARRY Permit. "What ever you think."

Left him at that point, seen him a time or two after that, thankfully he wasn't trying

to cause me any grief, or make my day more unpleasant with store management.

Remember that i did get some hard stares from one woman about carrying, but

that's her problem.

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I find that the best answer to these questions of "Why do you have a GUN?" are the humorous ones.

The only people who ask this question tend to be the ones that are oblivious to the world around them. People who have a lick of sense already know why you are carrying a gun, and don't waste your or their time asking that question.

My favorite response is: "I think it looks REALLY COOL! Don't you?"

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yeah, when he showed how dumb he was, that was good point to just walk away.

A general person asking, I would tell them a legitimate answer.

If someone wants to be smart about it, I'll ask them why they want to know. That should force them to reveal their intentions. Intentions I can appreciate, I may entertain, anything else, I'll be walking away.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A couple weeks ago I was in the local convenience store when a lady wlaked up behind me and saw my gun holstered on my hip. She said, "Howdie... you expecting trouble?"

Me, "No, why?"

Her, "Well, you 're wearin' a gun."

Me, "Oh, that. No I'm not expecting any trouble. But then, I don't reckon anyone was expecting trouble at VT, Columbine, or Ft Hood either, but it came a callin."

Her (raising her eyebrows), "Ya gotta goodpoint. Guess none of us knows when stuff like that can happen."

Me, "Or where."

Her, "So, you're prepared, just in case?"

Me, "Yes Maam, sort of like an insurance policy. Might never need it, but it's good to have, if trouble does show up."

She smiled and then started telling me about the firearms her husband had at home. If we have any anti-gunners in my neck of the woods, their all hiding.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Isn't it funny?

Evidently, they don't get a "bad guy" vibe from us since they seem to have the stones to confront us and call us out.

There are those that will not confront and will immediately call the LEO's with a MWAG call, but mostly, they come up and give us a ration of crap. That tells me that they're not "afraid" of us and know that we mean no harm.

Maybe thats what they mean about OCers being targeted and that we're tactically inferior: we get targeted by anti's instead of BG's.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
A couple weeks ago I was in the local convenience store when a lady wlaked up behind me and saw my gun holstered on my hip. She said, "Howdie... you expecting trouble?"

Me, "No, why?"

Her, "Well, you 're wearin' a gun."

Me, "Oh, that. No I'm not expecting any trouble. But then, I don't reckon anyone was expecting trouble at VT, Columbine, or Ft Hood either, but it came a callin."

Her (raising her eyebrows), "Ya gotta goodpoint. Guess none of us knows when stuff like that can happen."

Me, "Or where."

Her, "So, you're prepared, just in case?"

Me, "Yes Maam, sort of like an insurance policy. Might never need it, but it's good to have, if trouble does show up."

She smiled and then started telling me about the firearms her husband had at home. If we have any anti-gunners in my neck of the woods, their all hiding.
:exclaim:

Nice job... very nice job.

Gordie

imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
Isn't it funny?

Evidently, they don't get a "bad guy" vibe from us since they seem to have the stones to confront us and call us out.

There are those that will not confront and will immediately call the LEO's with a MWAG call, but mostly, they come up and give us a ration of crap. That tells me that they're not "afraid" of us and know that we mean no harm.

Maybe thats what they mean about OCers being targeted and that we're tactically inferior: we get targeted by anti's instead of BG's.
Anti's that confront medon't scare me, they're usually just cowards who are trying to feel tough. The BG who is already on the attack before he lets you know about his presence is the one that I worry about. I'll take the anti any day, at least you can just walk away and ignore them.

marine77

imported post

Gordie wrote:
Evil Ernie wrote:
Isn't it funny?

Anti's that confront medon't scare me, they're usually just cowards who are trying to feel tough. The BG who is already on the attack before he lets you know about his presence is the one that I worry about. I'll take the anti any day, at least you can just walk away and ignore them.
Amen to that.