• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

whats the deal?

chewy352

imported post

It's just you Leo... payback for caltrans always slowing down my freeways lol. there are threads explaning what was going on in the general discussion section.

leoffensive

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
It's just you Leo... payback for caltrans always slowing down my freeways lol. there are threads explaning what was going on in the general discussion section.

haha dont blame caltrans!

blame over population and @#$%ty drivers!

i would have said woman drivers but i think id get a whiplash of bad replies haha

brad9point0

imported post

Well Caltrans has to keep up the 10 to 1 ratio.... 10 guys standing around for every one worker actually working :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Gundude

imported post

True story about the Alaska pipeline project.

I saw a news report that showed this huge hole in the ground. About 50' in dia. I counted 32 guys standing around the hole watching 2 guys with shovels digging in the bottom of the hole. I don't think Caltrans is that bad.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

leoffensive wrote:
i havent been able to get on the forums for 2 days and now its working. did everyone else experience this or was it just me?

Is it true they are going to put speeding ticket cameras on our freeways soon??

:cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirtykoala

imported post

I hear they will start with fastrak passes and put reading points along freeways. For example, if you are driving down I-5 and you pass reader X and reader Y is 1 mile down the road and you get from X to Y in 40seconds, you get mailed a speeding ticket.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
:lol:Should we hold our pistols up to the windshield with the slide back, so the camera can do an "E" check? :lol:

lol.

I would have no problem with speeding tickets but I can't stand for the life of me that I can only take traffic school once every 18 months. ARGHH!! 2 speeding tickets right now I am fighting because I'm not eligible for traffic school.If the court wants to make money, take my damn $65 to process my traffic school test +$250 ticketinstead of giving me points on my record raising my insurance which gives them money instead!!!Also my license could be revoked if I get 4 ticketsin a year. Courts should just take my damn money, take my traffic school test,budget solved!

Atleast give anyone the chance to take traffic school as much as they want for speeding tickets less than 20mph over the speed limit. Anything higher than that is when the real danger sets in. I am in control going 80mphdamnit.
Makes memore angry than liberalanti-gunners. :banghead::cuss::cuss::cuss:

dirtykoala

imported post

Is it really $250+$65? I just got a ticket for doing 53 in a 35 about 10 mins ago. Last one I got was in NC in 05

Streetbikerr6

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
Is it really $250+$65? I just got a ticket for doing 53 in a 35 about 10 mins ago. Last one I got was in NC in 05

Total bail is $250. And I am almost positive its around $60 for the court "processing fee" for your driving school certificate.

Take it at gotaticket.com

Copy and paste all the study materials into a wordpad. Then when you take the quiz it will be like "What is thefinein constrcution zones". Then just go to the word document, do a edit>find for "construction", and it will skip right to the answer. I can complete the "course" in7 minutes. It beats sitting in drivers ed class all saturday.

OH btw. You could fight the ticket first. Send in a trial by written declaration. Hopefully the cop doesnt send in his report and the case gets dismissed. If he does and you are found guilty, do a new trial in person and hope the cop doesnt show up, if he does, request trafic school. Lots of the times the cop doesn't show up. Be sure to try and postpone your in-person trial date as long as you can so the cop forgets about it or moves or something before the trial.

dirtykoala

imported post

If I'm found guilty do I still have an option for drivers ed? This is the crap that courts get you on... It's so much easier to dish out $300 than it is to loose money by not showing up for work to fight it.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
If I'm found guilty do I still have an option for drivers ed? This is the crap that courts get you on... It's so much easier to dish out $300 than it is to loose money by not showing up for work to fight it.

Yes well you still have a good chance of having it dismissed if you try the 2 trials because cops sometimes are too lazy to fight one ticket when they could be giving out many others.

Yes you can still get drivers ed. You will request it at the trial when the judge hands your verdict. Since you haven't had a ticket since 05 then the judge would have no problem giving it to you since you are most definitely eligible.

Whats the deal with everyone saying "loose"? I've noticed it from like 3 different people in these forums lol. No harm intended, just curious haha.

correct->

"I will lose this bet."

"My shoe lace is loose. "

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
I hear they will start with fastrak passes and put reading points along freeways. For example, if you are driving down I-5 and you pass reader X and reader Y is 1 mile down the road and you get from X to Y in 40seconds, you get mailed a speeding ticket.
Time for everyone to ditch their Fastraks then. Double whammy.

dirtykoala

imported post

You dont need the fastrak in your car anyway. If you go through a toll without one in your car (but own one assigned to the cars plates in question), a pic of your plates goes through for ticket processing. When they run your plate number they say "oh, Joe shmoe has a fastrak." and they charge your account.