• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why every OCer should have a "dashcam" in their vehicle...

D_Weezy

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
And you'd better not get caught with a skateboard in Baltimore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzbeEnnptR4&feature=related
One of these days when that Officers attitude gets him F'ed up, everyone in his department will wine and say what a good guy he is. How dare someone assault him. Maybe that cops dad didn't kick his butt enough either or maybe too much. What a Dood.:)

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Dreamer wrote:

here is the unedited version, Adult language abounds, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_yw1iYKpA&feature=related
so please keep the kids out of the room, they do not need to hear the foul-mouthed cop spewing F-bombs every 3rd word.

I have had cops act very similar to this guy on more than one occasion, I do not wish that on anyone.

Juggernaut

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Dreamer wrote:

here is the unedited version, Adult language abounds, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_yw1iYKpA&feature=related
so please keep the kids out of the room, they do not need to hear the foul-mouthed cop spewing F-bombs every 3rd word.

I have had cops act very similar to this guy on more than one occasion, I do not wish that on anyone.
Disgusting attitude that LEO has. I'm not one to hate on LEOs but that makes my blood boil. :banghead:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Youtube has hundreds of these videos on LEOs overstepping their bounds and abusing their power.

Just makes me wonder why LEOs would keep doing things like that when every other person has a phone video or audio recorder and of course the LEOs own dash cams.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

I take the opposite view: Lots of kids nowadays don't do what they're told even when it's their parents doing the telling...it's abut time they find out you don't pull that crap with the cops...or some psycho (transient/stranger or even cop) on the street.

Do what the cop says...it's that simple. Escalate it (file a complaint) later if you want, but at the moment, do what the cops says. Don't give them an excuse to get angrier.

Like Steven Segal said on his TV show, When we say get outof the car, get out of the car!"

It'sthat simple.

Drag the sobs out of the car windows and use a baton on them if they don't comply. Or taze them.

Having been in the public zoos (I mean schools) for many years, I am fed up with kids in not doing what the'yre told because there really is no penalty for insubordination -- or much else they do nowadays. It's even getting that way in the military, not following orders. You either do or you don't, no in between BS.

So the kid got some harsh words and very minor "handling." Big deal...so what. It COULD have been lots worse. Next time, he should listen up. Wish more of this would happen with kids acting like they don't savvy Inglis or are just retards (oops, Special Needs for you liberals).

As for sorry adults not complying with cops' orders -- or arguing with cops -- manhandle them LOTS worse when they don't obey...LOTS worse.

You either trust the cops or you don't. If you don't, thenget them off the force. If you do, then let them the hell alone.

-- John D.

Cracker

imported post

^^^^^ Aaaaand that's why someLEO's think they can treat people the way they do... You have the wrong attitude. I understand if you have commited a violent crime,if not then they should never treat you that way.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Kids and dogs should be raised the same way: With consistent and firm, no-nonsense discipline. When parents fail in that -- as MOST do nowadays --their kidsget to meet Mr. Policeman in the REAL world.

Said poor-excuses for "parents" shouldbe charged with (and convicted of) "negligence harmful to a minor" (or something like that)...but they aren't.

And so our society continues on its downward spiral...

-- John D.

P.S. As usual, I'm not trying to persuade anyone here of anything, just stating my opinion, that's all. Don't care if everyone disagrees. After all, that's to be expected.

Cracker

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Kids and dogs should be raised the same way: With consistent and firm, no-nonsense discipline. When parents fail in that -- as MOST do nowadays --their kidsget to meet Mr. Policeman in the REAL world.

Said poor-excuses for "parents" shouldbe charged with (and convicted of) "negligence harmful to a minor" (or something like that)...but they aren't.

-- John D.

P.S. As usual, I'm not trying to persuade anyone here of anything, just stating my opinion, that's all. Don't care if everyone disagrees. After all, that's to be expect

Your input is appreciated, seeing the other side is a good thing... Although I do disagree with the kids and dogs statement completely, asI doyour opinion on being completely obedient to Police Officers, (although I do see the basis in which you are coming from)all the time. I am respectful and courteous toLEO"s until they cross the line. Just because a person is a teenagerdoes not meana LEOshould notretain the same level of prfessionalism as they would an adult.

The opinion you're expressing is basically giving up your rights, rolling over, and getting screwed. They too have to follow the law just as we do, sometimes they don't, but, we don't deserve to be treated that way because they have a bad day or just feel like getting an erection from the badge. This is why we have so many videos of the abuse, think of how many we dont have and the LEO's that get away with this everyday. NOT A GOOD THING.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cloudcroft wrote: [/b]

-- John D.

P.S. As usual, I'm not trying to persuade anyone here of anything, just stating my opinion, that's all. Don't care if everyone disagrees. After all, that's to be expected.

Kids are not dogs, never have been andnever will be, this personwas a young adult,20 isnot a kid it isn't even a teenager.

Our society is not spiraling downward. If anything, since this country was formed, or at least since post-Civil War Reconstruction, it has been spiraling up.

Downward spiral my butt, the past of this country isn't all it is cracked up to be and much of our societal issues then were nothing to be proud of. If you feel differently, then you are someone that can not be helped.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
I take the opposite view: Lots of kids nowadays don't do what they're told even when it's their parents doing the telling...it's abut time they find out you don't pull that crap with the cops...or some psycho (transient/stranger or even cop) on the street.

Do what the cop says...it's that simple. Escalate it (file a complaint) later if you want, but at the moment, do what the cops says. Don't give them an excuse to get angrier.

Like Steven Segal said on his TV show, When we say get outof the car, get out of the car!"

It'sthat simple.

Drag the sobs out of the car windows and use a baton on them if they don't comply. Or taze them.

Having been in the public zoos (I mean schools) for many years, I am fed up with kids in not doing what the'yre told because there really is no penalty for insubordination -- or much else they do nowadays. It's even getting that way in the military, not following orders. You either do or you don't, no in between BS.

So the kid got some harsh words and very minor "handling." Big deal...so what. It COULD have been lots worse. Next time, he should listen up. Wish more of this would happen with kids acting like they don't savvy Inglis or are just retards (oops, Special Needs for you liberals).

As for sorry adults not complying with cops' orders -- or arguing with cops -- manhandle them LOTS worse when they don't obey...LOTS worse.

You either trust the cops or you don't. If you don't, thenget them off the force. If you do, then let them the hell alone.

-- John D.
Just to verify a little something, You feel that the cop in the video that I posted is justified in his behavior by threatening to arrest the young adulton bogus trumped up charges??? If yes, Please explain a little more. I am sure others besides me would find your theories interesting.

What do feelthis guy did to deserve that profanity-ladenverbal barrage and to receivethreats of violence and incarceration?
The cop started out with a lie by stating his probable cause for investigation was because the driverdid not use his turn signal. Well, it was clear as day in the video that the turn signal was used.

There is absolutely no excuse for behavior like that from any memberof law enforcement.

Should I post some videos of other cops beating a guythat wassimply asking for the correct paperwork needed to fill out a complaint against an officer.
There is a whole series of those out there, and seeing those will really make your blood boil, I know it got me fairly irate!

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm not going to "debate" this issue. I've alredy posted in plain English my opinion, sono explanations for the comprehension-challenged will be forthcoming...and no "apologetics" offered for said opinon, either.

So, you all said (or will say more) stuff + I said stuff, as so as I see it, your stuff said+ my stuff said= enough said. For me, anyway.

Regards all,

-- John D.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:

It'sthat simple.

-- John D.
Please remember, it is they who work for us, not the other way around.

SouthernBoy

imported post

Cracker wrote:
cloudcroft wrote:

-- John D.

P.S. As usual, I'm not trying to persuade anyone here of anything, just stating my opinion, that's all. Don't care if everyone disagrees. After all, that's to be expect

Your input is appreciated, seeing the other side is a good thing... Although I do disagree with the kids and dogs statement completely, asI doyour opinion on being completely obedient to Police Officers, (although I do see the basis in which you are coming from)all the time. I am respectful and courteous toLEO"s until they cross the line. Just because a person is a teenagerdoes not meana LEOshould notretain the same level of prfessionalism as they would an adult.

The opinion you're expressing is basically giving up your rights, rolling over, and getting screwed. They too have to follow the law just as we do, sometimes they don't, but, we don't deserve to be treated that way because they have a bad day or just feel like getting an erection from the badge. This is why we have so many videos of the abuse, think of how many we dont have and the LEO's that get away with this everyday. NOT A GOOD THING.
Listening to that, I can point out several places where that LEO broke the law.

SouthernBoy

imported post

Watching this video and listening to that LEO just had me getting madder and madder. This butthole of an LEO should be attacked with both barrels of the legal options available to the driver. He is personally liable for his actions and can be sued without cover of his department. I hope his ass finds itself on the streets picking scraps from trash cans as that is all he is suitable for.

Dreamer

imported post

Tek, thanks for the followup on the fireman incident.

That fireman did the RIGHT thing--hitting that cop in the POCKET. That's the only thing these types understand...

As for the Baltimore cop, just wait for MD HB-52 to pass. Reciprocity for VA, DE, PA and WV is going to make some of the badged thugs in Montgomery, PG and Baltimore Counties completely NUTTERS when they are inundated with out-of-state law-abiding citizens with LEGAL, RECOGNIZED permits to carry in MD...

Because remember, in MD, there is no such thing as a "Concealed Carry Permit". It's a similar type of license that you get in PA--a "permit to carry". The official title of the card is a "State of Maryland Permit to Carry a Handgun" and it allows carry in any mode--open or concealed. (of course, every urban county and municipality has it's own labyrinthine set of restrictive statutes, so do your homework, folks...)

I've been sifting through the Montgomery County Codes and it looks like, although they have a TON of restrictions on firearms ownership, transport, and carry, almost ALL of them are exempted if you have a MD permit, which means if HB-52 gets passed, people from THOSE states would get the same exemption as MD Permit holders...

I just hope the MD Attorney General's office will post memos to ALL the local LEA's when this bill gets passed. We'll all have to be sure to get our hands on THAT memo, and carry copies with us when visiting MD.

Sweet dreams folks... ;)