• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

whats up with mgo now

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

It's just that it's EXTREMELY frustrating.

It gets old defending against the same crap and the same people all the time.

I see Pat's post as "venting" and we all need to do that from time to time so we don't have a melt down.

autosurgeon

imported post

Jvan there are people over there that are treated with kid gloves even when they say stuff that is directly against the COC.

Also it is fine that they have a different opinion but they feel the need to inject it into every thread which gets old Esp. when they repeat it for 20 some posts over and over in the same thread.

G

imported post

It isn't even debating or expression of an opinion. It's trolling and mindless arguing for the sake of arguing. It would be something if there was an honest expression of a sound opinion. Even if it was repeatedly stated. But it's just argumentative gibberish.

I've engaged in alot of arguments here. But I've never felt the vile contempt for anyone here that I have for that bunch of losers.

You'd think you were arguing with the Brady Bunch. And I don't mean the TV ones either.

jvanhorn

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Jvan there are people over there that are treated with kid gloves even when they say stuff that is directly against the COC.

Also it is fine that they have a different opinion but they feel the need to inject it into every thread which gets old Esp. when they repeat it for 20 some posts over and over in the same thread.
I'm not arguing with you about that, but how does wrestling with a pig do you any good?

You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Isn't it possible to take the high road sometimes, instead of descending into juvenile sexual innuendos? Do you really need to vent that bad?

G

imported post

T Vance wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Now it's "all OCers are fat."

A while back he called one the Pillsbury Doughboy.
He was referring to ME...:cuss:
You need a new avatar...

doughboy_finpeng-071104.jpg

FatboyCykes

imported post

jvanhorn wrote:
FatboyCykes wrote:
jvanhorn wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Probably got PT's balls resting on his chin.
CV, I'm not going to try to support the person you are talking about, but how does that statement add any value?

I thought that the MOC people were better than that. Guess not.
So with one persons comment, you lump all "the MOC people" together, how does that make sense?
It makes sense in view of the fact that CV at least appears to be implying that things are better here, is he not?

I think it was pretty juvenile, regardless of his opinion of MGO, or anyone on it.
So instead of just admitting that you're wrong, or that you misspoke you're going to play this game here too. That's fine Jvan. You want to be lumped into that group of people, fine by me. Juvenile? Maybe, but no more juvenile that post after post after post from DD whom you defend at every turn. Representative of MOC as a whole no, and that's what you implied. Feel free to take your MGO mentality and "debate tactics" back to MGO with you, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

autosurgeon

imported post

The problem Jvan is I don't take well to idiots that spew untruths to further muddy the waters... (Note I am not referring to you)

If I was a Mod on that board he would have been history by now... get rid of the pigs and the wrestling stops... funny isn't it.

DanM

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
. . . the only reason I invest any time in threads like that is because I know there are a lot more people reading them than post in them. There are a lot more people out there capable of reasoned thinking than again, those posting in them.

+1

That's why I post there, and don't respond to the obvious baiting. There's more folks reading there than commenting, and I'm sure they take note of who loses the rational discussion.

My only suggestion to OC'ers over there is don't respond to anything baiting. Don't call anyone a troll and complain about their trolling. Just respond to civil argument they put forth, point out their mistakes in reasoning, or call out the fact that you see no rational argument from the other side yet. The readers are smart and they know when a troll is being a troll. Take the high road and completely ignore the trolling. Believe me, the readers will see you are taking the high road and can't be baited, to the benefit of your credibility and perceived maturity.

jvanhorn

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
So instead of just admitting that you're wrong, or that you misspoke you're going to play this game here too. That's fine Jvan. You want to be lumped into that group of people, fine by me. Juvenile? Maybe, but no more juvenile that post after post after post from DD whom you defend at every turn. Representative of MOC as a whole no, and that's what you implied. Feel free to take your MGO mentality and "debate tactics" back to MGO with you, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Look, I'll do just exactly as I please, whether you invite me to or not.

As the old saying goes "you're not the boss of me", even if you feel like you have caught me in an error.

You can feel free not to comment on any of my posts, whether MGO or MOC, and that carries as much weight as your invitation.

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I wouldn't say all... RifleGuy has been deleting his crap out of the threads sometimes repeatedly in the same threads... and leaving the OP and relevent comments intact.
If this is the case, that his posts get edited repeatedly, then why doesn't he get banned for life?

Over 10,000 baiting and trolling and disruptive posts and it just keeps going and going and going and going...

Oh wait, I got in trouble for that. Oops. Sorry.

G

imported post

joe_robi wrote:
YES why cant we all just get along
We get along just fine.

Sure we have some spats, but I don't see any grudges harbored here. Unlike somewhere else.

Besides, this was going just fine until the apologist popped up.

G

imported post

joe_robi wrote:
sorry i'll just stay out of it.
No don't go Joe. You're O.K.
Besides it's your thread.
We're getting along.

jvanhorn

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
joe_robi wrote:
YES why cant we all just get along
We get along just fine.

Sure we have some spats, but I don't see any grudges harbored here. Unlike somewhere else.

Besides, this was going just fine until the apologist popped up.
So, what are you saying? Who's the apologist, and where do you see anything in this thread that would support that label?