• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Medical Marijuana License & Consealed Pistol License

Crypto

imported post

A friend today asked me, "Is it possible having both your medical marijuana license and a concealed pistols license?

Lets say you didn't have either, Should you:

A: Go after your CPL first, then go after your Medical Marijuana License.

Or

B: Go after your Medical Marijuana License first, then go after your CPL.

What if you wanted to have both? Is this legal, and would they give you a CPL?

kito109654

imported post

Know what HIPPA is?

When he applies for his CPL they will have absolutely no way of knowing that he has a medical marijuana license unless he says something.

eddyys

imported post

Crypto wrote:
A friend today asked me if this is possible having your medical marijuana license and applying for a concealed pistols license?

Basically I want to know if he should go after the CPL first? Or Go after the marijuana license first?

He wants to be able to have both? Is this legal?
The CHP license will most likely be revoked if they find out you have a license for medical marijuana.

kito109654

imported post

eddyys wrote:
Crypto wrote:
A friend today asked me if this is possible having your medical marijuana license and applying for a concealed pistols license?

Basically I want to know if he should go after the CPL first? Or Go after the marijuana license first?

He wants to be able to have both? Is this legal?
The CHP license will most likely be revoked if they find out you have a license for medical marijuana.

Nope. Not legally. How would they find out though.

The key phrasing is "illegal marijuana user."

Crypto

imported post

Its a really interesting question isn't it.

What would a cop say if you were driving smoking a joint and had a pistol on your hip and he pulled you over?

Its all very interesting.

kito109654

imported post

Crypto wrote:
Its a really interesting question isn't it.

What would a cop say if you were driving smoking a joint and had a pistol on your hip and he pulled you over?

Its all very interesting.

I don't really picture a medical user smoking a joint while driving around but I suppose some would. :lol:

You show the medical license to prove that you're not an illegal user and that's that. If they say it's illegal ask for a cite, if they take your gun you have an awesome law suit!

Trigger Dr

imported post

And even though there may be a "license" for the state, it is still a federal violation. It is one of the questions asked on the 4473 when you purchase from an ffl dealer.

kito109654

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
Same is driving with a prescription for codeine... if your impaired, they may slam you for it. -- Just my perspective.
Indeed,I kinda forgot about that part. :uhoh:

Trigger Dr wrote:
And even though there may be a "license" for the state, it is still a federal violation. It is one of the questions asked on the 4473 when you purchase from an ffl dealer.
Actually they ask you if you are an illegal user. I just filled one out tonight. :celebrate

cynicist

imported post

Is the medical cannabis license new? From what I know of the law, it's just that the doctor has to diagnose you with certain conditions, talk to you about pot, and certain other things. I thought the "license" was just something those co-ops made so medical marijuana addicts can easily be identified by sellers and cops as legal users.
But aren't we all forgetting why marijuana was outlawed in the first place? It's a proven fact that it makes normal people violent, is extremely addictive, and according to expert testimony before Congress in the 1930s, it causes white women to be attracted to the Negro male. Ronald Reagan even warned us that it was the most dangerous drug in America. It's estimated that marijuana is the sole cause of more than 100 traffic deaths, and alcohol only has about 20,000 deaths per year to it's name.

But to answer the question, they could not legally deny you. The RCW plainly says they cannot modify the requirements or even ask you additional questions.
The Feds, on the other hand, can, because the power to regulate commerce between the States means they can make any law about anything. But you could argue the point about "illegal drug user," since under State law it's legal. But then they'd bring in the USC, and if you fired back with the 10th Amendment or some other outdated legal document we'd probably hear about a task force raiding the home of a heavily-armed drug trafficker/political extremist ("details are still coming in; casualties are not yet known...")

amzbrady

imported post

I would think since medical mary jane is by script only, that there would be some patient confidentiality, andeven thoughit is a prescribed drug, you could get busted for driving under the influence. If someone finds a doc handing out scripts let me know. If I can smoke it legally, oh wow man.

kito109654

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I would think since medical mary jane is by script only, that there would be some patient confidentiality, andeven thoughit is a prescribed drug, you could get busted for driving under the influence. If someone finds a doc handing out scripts let me know. If I can smoke it legally, oh wow man.
Washington law is very simple and clear on the matter (for once). You must have one of the specific listed conditions for which it is approved.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Hey but they are debating on whether to now sell it in liquor stores or not. I am not a user but feel this is one small step toward freedom if done so.

eddyys

imported post

Crypto wrote:
eddyys wrote:
Do you have anymore research on why they would revoke it?

Can I see a RCW?
There was a news story about CCW permits being revoked because persons had medical marijuana licenses in Washington.