Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in a pistol registration protest in Lansing?

Post imported post

This one seems pretty self explanatory. I'm bitter, frustrated and angry about the fact that Michigan mandates pistol registration, and I know I'm not alone. It's one of the few things Michigan does that pisses me off more than the CPL system.

When it warms up some, I think we should go to Lansing, with the requested help of every other gun rights advocacy group in Michigan, and put up a protest in front of the capitol building.

Any interest in this? Any legal issues about protests? Any other comments or concerns?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

You have my interest buddy. Are you thinking summer? How large are you hoping to make this?

Post imported post

Summer, spring, whatever.

12 would be okay, so would 100 or 200. 500 would be nice too. Whoever wants to show up would be who shows up. All that can be done with any event is to let people know it will happen.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I'm In!

Post imported post

Sounds like a good time. I'd be willing to go if I'm free when it happens.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I'll have my home built, no numbers AR-15 slung over my shoulder for this one.

Post imported post

awww i hope i can make it, i really do!

Post imported post

if I can make it , i am always up for it!!! give me the info!

Post imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
    if I can make it , i am always up for it!!! give me the info!
    No info yet. I'm not sure of the logistical concerns. Such as I bet we'd want to do this on a week day when the politicians are at work, but that could stop people from making it. And I bet we'd want signs and bull horns, but there might be laws against these things.

I am not sure about how to arrange it. I need advice before I can reasonably make any plans.

Banned

Post imported post

I'm down.

Its none of their da** buisiness what I own.

Post imported post

keep us posted, I'm interested.

Post imported post

If it's a weekday I'd have a better chance of making it.

As far as organizing it I really don't have any idea what's involved ...sorry I couldn't be more help.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Ummm, how about April 13th? After all, people do need something to do at the Second Amendment March! Make a huge banner to display in the crowd and prepare arguement points to present to the politicos. I'm sure Venator would welcome your efforts and incorporate it into a public speech.
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

I'm in depending on the time frame. You should post this over at MGO and MCGRO too.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    I'm in depending on the time frame. You should post this over at MGO and MCGRO too.
    No one can post on MCRGO, that's the problem with them and that's why we now have MGO.

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
    Ummm, how about April 13th? After all, people do need something to do at the Second Amendment March! Make a huge banner to display in the crowd and prepare arguement points to present to the politicos. I'm sure Venator would welcome your efforts and incorporate it into a public speech.
    That had crossed my mind, I was thinking of doing this separately to that. More attention to be had for this specific cause by doing it that way.

However, if the majority wants to do it that way, that's the way it will get done. Let me know folks.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Summer, spring, whatever.

12 would be okay, so would 100 or 200. 500 would be nice too. Whoever wants to show up would be who shows up. All that can be done with any event is to let people know it will happen.
    Also come to the SAM rally in Lansing with signs stating your objections. It will also be a place for you to see who might join you for that Particular protest.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Banned

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    That had crossed my mind, I was thinking of doing this separately to that. More attention to be had for this specific cause by doing it that way.

I agree. This is too important to get lost in the crowd.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

A follow up to the SAM would certainly not be a bad thing. Nor would it hurt to have some big banners listing this and all other 2A concerns at the SAM.

Venator, are there any funds earmarked for such a thing by SAM? If not, maybe we should start one????
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

I decided I should probably further explain why I think it's a good idea to have 2 separate Lansing events, because I know I'm asking a lot by asking for 2 Lansing trips.

However, car pooling is always a good idea, and I can fit 2-3 passengers from the Metro Detroit area. Also, promoting the second amendment covers a lot of things. The second amendment gives us good cause to be mad about things like less lethal weapon bans, CEZ's, the CPL system, the NFA and GCA, and so on and so fourth. My impression is that the 2A march is about all these things, and more.

More than anything, I think we as Michigan gun owners have good cause to be mad about the intrusive and rediculous registration system. Very few states have such a thing.

Certainly we're not alone in having dumb weapon bans and more restrictive NFA bans, and a license to carry concealed. These things are wrong, but they aren't on the same playing field of stupidity and racism as the registration system. I think we need to make an enormous stink about it. I hope you guys can see my point.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
    A follow up to the SAM would certainly not be a bad thing. Nor would it hurt to have some big banners listing this and all other 2A concerns at the SAM.

Venator, are there any funds earmarked for such a thing by SAM? If not, maybe we should start one????
    No ear marked funds. MOC, Inc. will have a tent set up at the SAM rally as well as a few other gun groups.

You certainly can set up a tent with information to handout to people about a second rally in regards to the registration law. That giveyour cause two bites of the apple.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

im down.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I decided I should probably further explain why I think it's a good idea to have 2 separate Lansing events, because I know I'm asking a lot by asking for 2 Lansing trips.

However, car pooling is always a good idea, and I can fit 2-3 passengers from the Metro Detroit area. Also, promoting the second amendment covers a lot of things. The second amendment gives us good cause to be mad about things like less lethal weapon bans, CEZ's, the CPL system, the NFA and GCA, and so on and so fourth. My impression is that the 2A march is about all these things, and more.

More than anything, I think we as Michigan gun owners have good cause to be mad about the intrusive and rediculous registration system. Very few states have such a thing.

Certainly we're not alone in having dumb weapon bans and more restrictive NFA bans, and a license to carry concealed. These things are wrong, but they aren't on the same playing field of stupidity and racism as the registration system. I think we need to make an enormous stink about it. I hope you guys can see my point.
    I agree

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Do away with gun registration:what:? Think of the children:shock:! I'll come forth from the north.springerdave.

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    Do away with gun registration:what:? Think of the children:shock:! I'll come forth from the north.springerdave.
    yes,think of me,i need your help!

anythingbefore im 18(this summer)ill carry an empty holster to show support,while staying within my legal boundaries,as well as to any normal meet and greets,until i obtain atraditional handgun,as the 10/22 id only feel comfortable doing at political events,as well as the 870.

actually gotta find my holster,for any meet and greets and political events i may attend.

not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast