• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone interested in a pistol registration protest in Lansing?

Michigander

imported post

This one seems pretty self explanatory. I'm bitter, frustrated and angry about the fact that Michigan mandates pistol registration, and I know I'm not alone. It's one of the few things Michigan does that pisses me off more than the CPL system.

When it warms up some, I think we should go to Lansing, with the requested help of every other gun rights advocacy group in Michigan, and put up a protest in front of the capitol building.

Any interest in this? Any legal issues about protests? Any other comments or concerns?

Michigander

imported post

Summer, spring, whatever.

12 would be okay, so would 100 or 200. 500 would be nice too. Whoever wants to show up would be who shows up. All that can be done with any event is to let people know it will happen.

Michigander

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
if I can make it , i am always up for it!!! give me the info!
No info yet. I'm not sure of the logistical concerns. Such as I bet we'd want to do this on a week day when the politicians are at work, but that could stop people from making it. And I bet we'd want signs and bull horns, but there might be laws against these things.

I am not sure about how to arrange it. I need advice before I can reasonably make any plans.

Bronson

imported post

If it's a weekday I'd have a better chance of making it.

As far as organizing it I really don't have any idea what's involved ...sorry I couldn't be more help.

Bronson

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Ummm, how about April 13th? After all, people do need something to do at the Second Amendment March! Make a huge banner to display in the crowd and prepare arguement points to present to the politicos. I'm sure Venator would welcome your efforts and incorporate it into a public speech.

Michigander

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Ummm, how about April 13th? After all, people do need something to do at the Second Amendment March! Make a huge banner to display in the crowd and prepare arguement points to present to the politicos. I'm sure Venator would welcome your efforts and incorporate it into a public speech.

That had crossed my mind, I was thinking of doing this separately to that. More attention to be had for this specific cause by doing it that way.

However, if the majority wants to do it that way, that's the way it will get done. Let me know folks.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Michigander wrote:
Summer, spring, whatever.

12 would be okay, so would 100 or 200. 500 would be nice too. Whoever wants to show up would be who shows up. All that can be done with any event is to let people know it will happen.
Also come to the SAM rally in Lansing with signs stating your objections. It will also be a place for you to see who might join you for that Particular protest.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

A follow up to the SAM would certainly not be a bad thing. Nor would it hurt to have some big banners listing this and all other 2A concerns at the SAM.

Venator, are there any funds earmarked for such a thing by SAM? If not, maybe we should start one????

Michigander

imported post

I decided I should probably further explain why I think it's a good idea to have 2 separate Lansing events, because I know I'm asking a lot by asking for 2 Lansing trips.

However, car pooling is always a good idea, and I can fit 2-3 passengers from the Metro Detroit area. Also, promoting the second amendment covers a lot of things. The second amendment gives us good cause to be mad about things like less lethal weapon bans, CEZ's, the CPL system, the NFA and GCA, and so on and so fourth. My impression is that the 2A march is about all these things, and more.

More than anything, I think we as Michigan gun owners have good cause to be mad about the intrusive and rediculous registration system. Very few states have such a thing.

Certainly we're not alone in having dumb weapon bans and more restrictive NFA bans, and a license to carry concealed. These things are wrong, but they aren't on the same playing field of stupidity and racism as the registration system. I think we need to make an enormous stink about it. I hope you guys can see my point. :uhoh: