• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped and talked to/lectured at the most unlikely place...

YoZUpZ

imported post

So, I've been looking around for a holster for my XD-9 sc, and have gone to multiple places with no avail. I was told by someone at Get Some to try Cal Ranch, so I go there OCing of course, and expect 0 trouble because itis a "outdoors" type store with tons of "hunter looking guys" going in and out. So I go to the gun section and start looking for holsters, was looking for the CQC Serpa, but only found the Sportster for XD there. I go to the "gun desk" and ask the man if they have any CQCs for the XD, he told me that they usually do, but are super low on holsters due to Christmas. I tell him thanks and start to leave, then he says to wait, he then asks me if I ever get into any trouble with my gun "like that", I tell him not really, I've had a couple of people ask about it, but no problems... Then he goes on for a couple of minutes telling me how I need to cover it up because of this and that, and people, and cops... etc... I tell him that its legal, and he's like "yeah, I know, but you really need to keep it covered because people will get worried and cops will stop you, etc... He goes on for a few minutes, and then I finally get out of there...

I don't know why I'm posting this, but I just thought it was funny that I've gone into Taco Bell, Ross, WalMart, 711s, gas stations, (oneof the 711s and a restaurant I went to were even robbed a couple days before)etc and haven't had anyone say anything, but at a "gun store" someone lectures me. :lol:

Oh, and I don't know if anyone else carrys a XDsc, but Blackhawk FINALLY came out with a SERPA holster specifically fitted for thesub compact(I know people used to cut the XD compactserpa to make it fit better) If anyone wants to know, its called the Blackhawk Serpa Concealed in size 31R (different from the CQC) :celebrateI found out about it at Sportsman's, but for some reason they wouldn't order one for me because "corporate won't let them order items" and sadly Get Some's supplier doesn't carry it yet... and I can't find it on their website yet, butthe sizewas listedon the back of the case for another holster.

b1ack5mith

imported post

Not just OC... guns in general... I have met plenty of gun owners who were terrified by the thought of someone owning an AR-15... for some reason, they think that AR's are full auto, etc.

Leelando

imported post

By far the biggest lecture I've had on the evils of OC was at a gun store. It was when I was very first shopping for a holster to OC. I told the guy at the counter that I wanted a Serpa because I had heard they worked well for OC. He spent the next 5 minutes telling me how stupid I was to even consider OC. "Criminals will just shoot you first... Someone's gonn'a sneak up behind you and shoot you in the head just to steal your gun... You'll get arrested... Trust me, I was a cop for 20 years, I know... blah blah blah"

When he was all done with his talk, I said precisely 2 things to him. I can get a bit saracastic at times, so the first thing was: "Wow, the way cops OC, you must have been lucky that in 20 years no one snuck up and shot you in the head to steal your gun". The second thing was: "Please ring me up for this Serpa holster." :D

Bennelli

imported post

I have an Xd40SC and I have a Serpa model #2 tactical style. It is made for this XD40SC fits great, it is quick to draw from, down side it prints bad, I might as well be OCing all the time, but it does not concern me (the printing that is) If I need to CC deep I go to my bellyband, good for CC but bad for drawning from concealment.

I spoke with a gun at a gun range he uses a C.B. Super Tuck IWB good for CC but wears down his pants (muzzel end) and it is hard to draw from when he as a tucked in shirt.

I hope that helps

combatcarry

imported post

Which Cal Ranch store was it?

I open carry in the one in Cedar City sometimes. I've never had any problem.

By the way... The Cedar City store was selling a Weber Kettle grill for $29 that is usually $89. Might be a good opportunity for an "open carrier" to make a good purchase.

b1ack5mith

imported post

LOL @ Leelando! GREAT response!!! I wish I had comebacks that fast... I usually think of something whitty while I'm on my way back home :(