• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin GFSZ

Gundude

imported post

Check out this link. Wisconsin has the 2A in it's constitution and they passed a GFSZ law almost identical to the one in Ca. They have files a court case to get it declared unconstitutional. It looks like Ca willbe filing thesame suitafter incorporation. It looks like they can't carry with a CCW inside the magic zone, but I'm not sure on that.:banghead: :uhoh:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/36341.html

wewd

imported post

Wisconsin has no CCW, so there would be no exception to their GFSZ law (or the Federal law, if it were enforced). They are one-up on us though, as they can open carry loaded everywhere else.

bluehighways

imported post

Greetings from Wisconsin. In our state we can open carry on private property with permission, and on public property as long as its outside a school zone, not in a government building, not on federal property, etc. So if you live within 1000 ft of a school, you cannot step over your property line carrying a firearm without risking becoming a felon. If the place where you buy your groceries is within a school zone you CAN open carry, because you are on privately owned property. In Wisconsin you cannot carry while driving. All firearms must be unloaded and in a case while in a vehicle. There is also no provision for CCW in Wisconsin.