• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knives are more dangerous than guns.

wallc777

imported post

I am for guns. I am for open carry. I believe everyone should bear arms.

These stupid laws, I can't take it anymore.

Nobody panics when they see a knife on someones belt, but they panic when they see a unloaded gun.

To all you tree huggers and anti-gun/anti-hunter...

A unloaded gun is a PIECE OF METAL.

Here's why I think knives are more dangerous.

They are easier to hide/conceal.
They never jam.
They never run out of bullets.
They are VERY fatal when used in close contact.

But people do not panic when they see a person with a 4: blade on him at a local starbucks.
Hypothetically speaking, this person would be able to stab around 5 to 8 people in a minute if he wanted to.

But, tree huggers find a unloaded gun more dangerous.

Oh yah, and I think Barrack Obama is the worst thing that has ever happened to this Country.

- Mike (from Los Angeles) sadly.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

wallc777 wrote:
...<snip>...

Tree huggers do not equal anti-gun people.

I consider myself a tree hugger, I also consider myself a supporter of the constitution. Also, how come it's kosher to call environmentalists "tree huggers," but we also think of ourselves as "gun enthusiasts" or "supporters of the constitution," but not "gun nuts"?

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Ooh. There's an idea for an improveverywhere.com-esque mission.

At a park, let's have some men open carry butterknives like this one
21ZKBJFRAPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

and have women and children run away screaming that the men have knives.

Then they run into dark-skinned men open carrying guns, and point back at the butterknife open carriers, begging them to do something. The gun open carriers look at each other, roll their eyes, and shrug.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
wallc777 wrote:
...<snip>...

I consider myself a tree hugger, I also consider myself a supporter of the constitution. Also, how come it's kosher to call environmentalists "tree huggers," but we also think of ourselves as "gun enthusiasts" or "supporters of the constitution," but not "gun nuts"?

Agreed, I liken that to people equating hippies with anti-gunners when many of them are perhaps some of the biggest gun owners around (I've seen it right here in North Carolina, gotta love it).

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
bigtoe416 wrote:
wallc777 wrote:
...<snip>...

Agreed, I liken that to people equating hippies with anti-gunners when many of them are perhaps some of the biggest gun owners around (I've seen it right here in North Carolina, gotta love it).
'If you aren't liberal in your youth, you have no heart. If you aren't conservative in your old age, you have no brain.'

You can't stay a hippie forever unless you have a mental illness that freezes your maturity at that point in time.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
'If you aren't liberal in your youth, you have no heart. If you aren't conservative in your old age, you have no brain.'

You can't stay a hippie forever unless you have a mental illness that freezes your maturity at that point in time.
Perhaps, but some people have a far higher tolerance than the rest of us... :)

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yes we are, ponytail and all. ;)

As for the comment directed at growing up, I did, and that's why I decided to grow my hair long.

Someone recently asked me of my beliefs. I'm an open-minded ultra-conservative non-partisan anti-tree-hugging pro-environmental anti-anthropogenic GW gun-carrying citizen of the US.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, I have a ponytail, but I certainly haven't become more "conservative" as my brain has developed. :p

What's changed is my ability to argue, rationally and with internal consistency, my libertarianism.

I'm as liberal as ever, in the classical sense. I don't forsee that changing, ever. Liberty always works, and I don't see my brain rearranging itself to a fundamentally different worldview any time in the near future.

helldiablo

imported post

N6ATF wrote:

Then they run into dark-skinned men open carrying guns, and point back at the butterknife open carriers, begging them to do something. The gun open carriers look at each other, roll their eyes, and shrug.
i understand and agree entirley but this should be better written looks like a 3rd grader wrote it and makes gun right activist look like illerate red necks .......imo

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

helldiablo wrote:
N6ATF wrote:

i understand and agree entirley but this should be better written looks like a 3rd grader wrote it and makes gun right activist look like illerate red necks .......imo
Pot, meet kettle.

nerdyvirgin

imported post

a person is just as dangerous with a pencil , that is a weapon if used right, someone tries to hurt u pull out a pencil and shank em in the neck , anything can be used in self defense, car keys between the fingers so u can punch them and stab them with the key at the same time, everything is inanimate, what matters is the person wielding the item that makes it harmless or dangerous. guns are just easy targets to blame for people who lack common sense .