Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metro Strikes again

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Read this story if you are having any doubts about protesting with me on the strip Saturday night.

http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/handcuff...-81088092.html

Post imported post

This story needs to be forwarded to the NRA.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Good idea. Sent to Carrie Herbertson, the NRA lobbyist for NV and CA.

Post imported post

Sick. It just continues.

Post imported post

I liked with how it ended "America in 2025, gals: Keep at it, and it can be your own private Afghanistan."

Maybe that is the intent of this government by their continually oppressive conduct?

Post imported post

That won't stop me from being on the strip sat. night Tim. The way I see it even more reason. By law he didn't even need to tell her he was armed right?
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

Just emailed the sheriff about this incident. Hopefully I get a reply as this is the 4th time I email the LVMPD with no reply.

Post imported post

I know it's an old argument, but I've got to say it again.

People join police departments knowing they aregoing into a potentially dangerous career. As such they should expect to be in situations where, while adhering to the letter of the law and our Constitutional Rights (both of which they should be protecting), they can't be completely at ease. Notice that I didn't say should feel completely safe. Their feelings of comfort should not usurp our Rights. Yes, I know what SCOTUS ruled. To a point, I might argree with them. However, no bad guy is going to declare to LE that he is concealing a firearm and doesn't have a permit. LE is taking the SCOTUS ruling way too far. They need to employ some common sense when interacting with the very largelaw-abiding segment of our society.

Here's another thought. The law of averages has alwaysgot to be considered.Someday there is going to be an incident while disarming or after having disarmed a lawful citizen. Maybe the gun accidentally goes of while the LEO is removing the firearm the the citizen's holster. Or, as in the case of the article, the innocent is rendered defenseless, the bad guys are, in fact, still there and he is injured or killed because the LEO took away his ability to protect himself, and quite possibly, the officer.

Or, how about Tim's case on the strip? Before leaving the cops left his firearm beyond his immediate control. Hewas told not to pick it up until they left. Who's to stop a BG from rushing Tim and taking his gun? The cops are gone and Tim is on his own.

Here's the final thought. When does our safety finally supercede that ofLEOs who knew what they were getting into when they signed up? Nobody forced them into becoming cops. If they can'tadhere tothe Federal Constitution, our State Constitution and follow state laws, then they shouldn't be in law enforcement.

Post imported post

You know, I would think as an officer in this situation, waiting for backup, that you would be happy that someone is carrying with you.

If I were a cop, and someone did as this guy did, I would ask him if he has trained, and since he has to top schools listed, I would be more at ease with the fact that we can defeat most any threat should backup not arrive in time...My .02.

Post imported post

vegasche1023 wrote:
    Just emailed the sheriff about this incident. Hopefully I get a reply as this is the 4th time I email the LVMPD with no reply.
    If it was in the RJ, I'm sure he already knows about the situation. Personally, this sounds more like a training issue with a new officer than a purposely violating rights issue.

Post imported post

I'll be there. That is as long as you don't mind having a shaggy haired 19 year old among your ranks. Just to double check, what time and where?

Props to standing up to this blatant abuse of individual liberties.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Let's just plan on the original time and location for now and try to get a follow up meet for next week where we can all sit down.

Saturday Jan 16, 9pm in front of Bally's. We'll take a walk from Ballys South to Tropicana, cross to Excalibur, then north to Caesars, cross to Bills (old Barbary Coast), and conclude our stop. It shouldn't be hard to spot us.

Post imported post

Lol, withteam of Metro behind you guys, not at all. Of course all the tourists running in "mass panic"....:?

Post imported post

Tim when you say out in front of Balleys, you mean out by where the large escalator comes down from crossing Flamingo right? Not by the front doors where you claim your valet ticket. Just trying to clear things up.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Yes, good point. Right in front of the escalators that cross Las Vegas Blvd and Flamingo. Hanging out by the cement wall probably just to stay out of the way of everyone passing until we get a few people to show up.

Post imported post

joeschmo wrote:
    vegasche1023 wrote:
    If it was in the RJ, I'm sure he already knows about the situation. Personally, this sounds more like a training issue with a new officer than a purposely violating rights issue.
    Did you read the article? Here's a little quote from it.........I talked to Charlie on Tuesday. He had called the concealed permit division that morning, and been referred to Internal Affairs, where he reports a detective told him, "It all depends on the officers, that if they think it's the safest thing to do they can do that. And he said it's best not to bring a weapon in this kind of situation."

So it would seem that what she did isn't against LVMPD policy.

Post imported post

That is completely insane. I hope the officer gets reprimanded.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

I hope more that retraining and new policies result then punishments.

Post imported post

Don't you folks get it? We are suppose to rely on these welltrained police officers to protect us. You know, the ones who fire 82 rounds at a fleeing suspect and hit him twice. The ones who fire 2 rounds at an SUV and can't hit it. Perhaps she was afraid that if it came to a gunfight that Joe Citizen would show her up?

Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Post imported post

The Big Guy wrote:
    Don't you folks get it? We are suppose to rely on these welltrained police officers to protect us. You know, the ones who fire 82 rounds at a fleeing suspect and hit him twice. The ones who fire 2 rounds at an SUV and can't hit it. Perhaps she was afraid that if it came to a gunfight that Joe Citizen would show her up?

You just lost any credibility you ever had.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

joeschmo wrote:
    The Big Guy wrote:
    That seems to match the details I heard about the incident. Were there not more than 80 shots fired, with only two landing on target?

Post imported post

timf343 wrote:
    joeschmo wrote:
    The Big Guy wrote:
    That seems to match the details I heard about the incident. Were there not more than 80 shots fired, with only two landing on target?
    It wouldn't be the first time that a shootout had those kind of results.

Post imported post

joeschmo wrote:
    The Big Guy wrote:
    Don't you folks get it? We are suppose to rely on these well¬*trained police officers to protect us. You know, the ones who fire 82 rounds at a fleeing suspect and hit him twice. The ones who fire 2 rounds at an SUV and can't hit it. Perhaps she was afraid that if it came to a gunfight that Joe Citizen would show her up?

¬*

¬*
    ¬*

Yeah your right. I heard it was only 81 rounds :quirky

Ok metro's apologist, how many times did they hit him? I never did catch how many times they actually hit him. Just that he was hit in the head and chest.

I'm currently working out at the base right now. I just know about a day or two after the court house shooting they where at the range up on sunrise mountain and it sounded like a mini war was going on. I could hear it where I was at along the flight line. Between when the jets were taking off of course.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

joeschmo wrote:
    The Big Guy wrote:

From my recollection, his numbers are accurate.Why would he lose any credibility? And with whom?He then went on to ponder a point that many others have wondered. Would you care to explain your statement?

Post imported post

Ok, first off, it wasn't Metro in the court house, correct? I've heard it was the US Marshalls and Court security.

Granted that is quite the spray on their part, but what about when a lone shooter shoots at the military, I would wager a hell of alot more then 82 shots are fired at him...

Either way, someone needs to go to the damn range a bit more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast