• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Metro Strikes again

suntzu

imported post

I liked with how it ended "America in 2025, gals: Keep at it, and it can be your own private Afghanistan."

Maybe that is the intent of this government by their continually oppressive conduct?

Sabotage70

imported post

That won't stop me from being on the strip sat. night Tim. The way I see it even more reason. By law he didn't even need to tell her he was armed right?

DESERT ATILLA

imported post

I know it's an old argument, but I've got to say it again.

People join police departments knowing they aregoing into a potentially dangerous career. As such they should expect to be in situations where, while adhering to the letter of the law and our Constitutional Rights (both of which they should be protecting), they can't be completely at ease. Notice that I didn't say should feel completely safe. Their feelings of comfort should not usurp our Rights. Yes, I know what SCOTUS ruled. To a point, I might argree with them. However, no bad guy is going to declare to LE that he is concealing a firearm and doesn't have a permit. LE is taking the SCOTUS ruling way too far. They need to employ some common sense when interacting with the very largelaw-abiding segment of our society.

Here's another thought. The law of averages has alwaysgot to be considered.Someday there is going to be an incident while disarming or after having disarmed a lawful citizen. Maybe the gun accidentally goes of while the LEO is removing the firearm the the citizen's holster. Or, as in the case of the article, the innocent is rendered defenseless, the bad guys are, in fact, still there and he is injured or killed because the LEO took away his ability to protect himself, and quite possibly, the officer.

Or, how about Tim's case on the strip? Before leaving the cops left his firearm beyond his immediate control. Hewas told not to pick it up until they left. Who's to stop a BG from rushing Tim and taking his gun? The cops are gone and Tim is on his own.

Here's the final thought. When does our safety finally supercede that ofLEOs who knew what they were getting into when they signed up? Nobody forced them into becoming cops. If they can'tadhere tothe Federal Constitution, our State Constitution and follow state laws, then they shouldn't be in law enforcement.

Dangerfish

imported post

You know, I would think as an officer in this situation, waiting for backup, that you would be happy that someone is carrying with you.

If I were a cop, and someone did as this guy did, I would ask him if he has trained, and since he has to top schools listed, I would be more at ease with the fact that we can defeat most any threat should backup not arrive in time...My .02.

joeschmo

imported post

vegasche1023 wrote:
Just emailed the sheriff about this incident. Hopefully I get a reply as this is the 4th time I email the LVMPD with no reply.
If it was in the RJ, I'm sure he already knows about the situation. Personally, this sounds more like a training issue with a new officer than a purposely violating rights issue.

MPlannette

imported post

I'll be there. That is as long as you don't mind having a shaggy haired 19 year old among your ranks. Just to double check, what time and where?

Props to standing up to this blatant abuse of individual liberties.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Let's just plan on the original time and location for now and try to get a follow up meet for next week where we can all sit down.

Saturday Jan 16, 9pm in front of Bally's. We'll take a walk from Ballys South to Tropicana, cross to Excalibur, then north to Caesars, cross to Bills (old Barbary Coast), and conclude our stop. It shouldn't be hard to spot us. :)

Dangerfish

imported post

Lol, withteam of Metro behind you guys, not at all. Of course all the tourists running in "mass panic"....:?

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Tim when you say out in front of Balleys, you mean out by where the large escalator comes down from crossing Flamingo right? Not by the front doors where you claim your valet ticket. Just trying to clear things up.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yes, good point. Right in front of the escalators that cross Las Vegas Blvd and Flamingo. Hanging out by the cement wall probably just to stay out of the way of everyone passing until we get a few people to show up.

vegasche1023

imported post

joeschmo wrote:
vegasche1023 wrote:
Just emailed the sheriff about this incident. Hopefully I get a reply as this is the 4th time I email the LVMPD with no reply.
If it was in the RJ, I'm sure he already knows about the situation. Personally, this sounds more like a training issue with a new officer than a purposely violating rights issue.

Did you read the article? Here's a little quote from it.........I talked to Charlie on Tuesday. He had called the concealed permit division that morning, and been referred to Internal Affairs, where he reports a detective told him, "It all depends on the officers, that if they think it's the safest thing to do they can do that. And he said it's best not to bring a weapon in this kind of situation."

So it would seem that what she did isn't against LVMPD policy.

The Big Guy

imported post

Don't you folks get it? We are suppose to rely on these welltrained police officers to protect us. You know, the ones who fire 82 rounds at a fleeing suspect and hit him twice. The ones who fire 2 rounds at an SUV and can't hit it. Perhaps she was afraid that if it came to a gunfight that Joe Citizen would show her up?

joeschmo

imported post

The Big Guy wrote:
Don't you folks get it? We are suppose to rely on these welltrained police officers to protect us. You know, the ones who fire 82 rounds at a fleeing suspect and hit him twice. The ones who fire 2 rounds at an SUV and can't hit it. Perhaps she was afraid that if it came to a gunfight that Joe Citizen would show her up?

You just lost any credibility you ever had.