Thread: Alan Gura Strategy

Newport News, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Has anyone else noticed that Alan Gura has federal gun rights lawsuits going in several US Circuits?

My outside view is that he will get different rulings from different circuits and will press for SCOTUS to resolve the diferences.

A fantastic strategy for ensuring that SCOTUS will continue to take gun rights cases.

Doesn't guarantee we will always win, but it does guarantee that we will at least get a hearing, which is already a huge victory.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County

Post imported post

You mean he isn't doing what some "pro-gun" organizations are doing and only fighting battles they think they can win.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)