• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kline, anti-gunners unveil AWB legislation SB 6396

oppose6396

imported post

Thank you for posting this!

Can you please join my facebook group and post that. Lets encourage everyone to put together something like this and send it out to as many people as we can.

Richard6218

imported post

At the risk of being accused of loading up the bandwidth, here is a post I just received from NRA-ILA. FWIW

[align=center]"Assault Weapons" Ban Proposed in Olympia!][/align]

[align=center]Please Stand-Up and Make Your Voices Heard!][/align]

[align=center]Senate Bill 6396, legislation that would bring California-style gun-control to the Northwest and ultimately ban many semi-automatic firearms commonly owned by Washingtonians.

This legislation would establish far-reaching restrictions onsemi-automatic firearms (dubbing them "assault weapons") andammunition magazines.SB6396 affects every firearmmodified to conform withthe now-extinct Clinton Gun-Banplus many other semi-automatic firearms that have no lineage to those rifles or any military-style orientation whatsoever.

Like the failed Clinton Gun-Banthat sunset in 2004,this bill is about demonizing certain firearms based on how they look, not about crime fighting. This gun ban scheme will only punish law-abiding citizens and will do nothing to curb crime or keep criminals from obtaining firearms illegally. This is simply another attack on our Second Amendment rights in Washington State.

Please contact both of your State Representatives and your State Senator TODAY at 800-562-6000 and politely urge them to oppose SB6396. More contact information for your legislators can be found here.
[/align]

antispam540

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
Bubba gots the big one .....BAN THIS MU>>>>F>>>KRS
Don't ban it, use it to stop the LEO's coming to take it away. :celebrate
Given what we know of average LEO firearm accuracy and proficiency, a determined person with a good-sized bag of rocks could be safe for hours. What is that thing anyway, an M-60 with a suppressor?

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I wrote the Govener and all of my reps earlier today for what ever good it will do. I will personaly fight this with every thing I have. If this were to pass I would not be residing in this state very many more days. Idaho and Wyoming are looking better and better.

Molon Labe

DEROS72

imported post

Your right Spam.For example the guy that did the shooting in Vegas 81 shots were fired by officers before they hit him.

Someone told me onece what that was.It isn't an M-60 I carried the 60 in Nam for a while and they are not that big.It is some Czek made 20 MM anti aircraft gun I believe.

DEROS72

imported post

We'll have to go see Bubba out there in Alabama.

I wonder ifin there thinking that they can force this on us how many in this state and country thanks to you the American tax payer are and were well trained by the military and many have extensive combat experience....I will not allow them to force an un Constitutional law on me.They have no business thinking it is something they have a right to vote on. I will write to them and play the game within the guidelines untill they decide they don't want to drop it.When I was in the Army we took an oath to protect the Constitution not politicians.We were even given intructions that we don't have to obey an unlawful order.I hope any LE monitoring this site will bear that in mind .Most I have talked to aren't buying into this s..t either.

As many here are .I have been a lawabiding person all my life ,served this country and worked hard for what little I have.They best not think they can take away my right to bear arms or think they can come into my home and inspect anything.There will be repercussions to such actions.

Vandal

imported post

I am praying that this gets killed fast. Not even the cops want this to come into being, well those who have a voice that isn't controlled by a mayor. This law basically forces registration, throws out the 4th and 2nd Amendments as well as violates the US and State Constitutions.

I don't know of many, if any cops who would enforce that. None that I personally know would. if anything the guys I know would stand up and fight against it. That "All enemies foreign and DOMESTIC" This bill makes the authors domestic enemies....

You all have my strongest support from just over the ID State line.

Whitney

imported post

Believe it or not the best way to get the attention you want is to write, call, email or whatever you can. The more people that can organize the better. Let all of your hunting/shooting buddies know what is going on in the legislature. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I also keep friends out of state aware so we can share notes.

Day 3 of the new session introduced a bill that would ban the sale of so called “assault weapons”. The definition the lawmakers use to define assault weapon affects not only rifle hunters but turkey and duck hunters a well. Forget the .223 varmint gun you were looking at, or the .300 winmag with muzzle brake these are to be considered assault weapons.

I also think it is ironic that the guy sponsoring the bill is also the committee chair to which it was sent.
I can only surmise by the sponsors of this bill the premise for this appears to be the unlawful use of weapons used to kill a group of Seattle police officers. While it is a tragic event the law abiding citizen will be punished for the activity of a criminal. This is the most absurd thing I have heard, when do the actions of one scumbag outweigh the rights of many? Until we get legislation passed that requires every homeowner to own a gun the criminals will continue to prey on the innocent and unsuspecting. Now how absurd does that sound? Or does it. I guess it depends on which side of the election you are standing on.
- Whitney

DEROS72

imported post

I pray also that this dies immediatly in commitee.If they get away with it here how long before they try it in your state?

DEROS72

imported post

We need every gun owner in the state to show up in Olympia and let them know where exactly we stand!

Brandnew

imported post

I think a lot of times people don't know what to say, or don't have time to their representatives. I'm also certain that any hypothesis regarding gun control that inspired this drek legislation is fundamentally flawed and can be easily disproven.

I'm wondering if a website dedicated to this specific issue could be helpful in making a strong case against this appalling legislation. Statistics and logic do not lie, and a clear argument that breaks the bill down piece by piece could be instrumental in the fight. So far in my life, I've done little to combat nonsense laws, and so far I've been relatively lucky that not a lot of them have passed. The longer I'm around watching these things happen the more I realize that unless we fight back against flawed ideology, we can and will be left with a flawed society with little recourse.

So does putting effort into developing something like this ever pay off?

DEROS72

imported post

Thats a good thought but we have for years tried to educate the people with logic and stats.They refuse to listen.They also refuse to listen to their constituents.There are also a couple of suits in the works that will try to do just that .We'll see how well they listen.

If they were in fact listening to logic and reason they wouldn't be doing this in the first place and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

hrlysef

Banned
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
We need every gun owner in the state to show up in Olympia and let them know where exactly we stand!

I may have missed it somewhere but when will the discussion of this odious bill occur in Olympia. I would be very interested in showing up in protest if I can.

DEROS72

imported post

I am going to find out and keep you posted .If anyone has any info on this please let us know.

This is something that will have national implications and gun grabbers everywhere are watching this.So we have to stop this dead....!!!

Here is a reminder of Obamas ten point plan...Note # 7 is already underway.

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

This should come up for hearing the third week of session -- January 25 thru 29. Be prepared to testify if you can.

The agendas for the Judiciary are found here.

Knowing how the system works, phone calls to legislators get tallied by bill number -- for and against. Emails and letters are good, but keep them short or they won't be read.

I met with my representative today (Brian Blake) and he'll oppose anything that even hints at infringing 2A rights. We even discussed the possibility of future legislation imposing a state pre-emption for knives and defensive weapons.

Charles

DEROS72

imported post

It is time to bring this in front of the.............................

Ministry for silly walks. for all the good the legislators do...
attachment.php