• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kline, anti-gunners unveil AWB legislation SB 6396

Dave Workman

imported post

Anti-gun WA senators introduce 'assault weapons ban' legislation

Can you spell B-O-H-I-C-A ???

Largely based on cosmetics, this legislation goes after pistols, rifles and shotguns, and a county sheriff says this kind of law won't prevent violent felons from getting guns.

Contains important contact information for Washington State Senate Judiciary Committee.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m1d13-Bill-introduced-to-ban-socalled-assault-weapons

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yazh9p6

Batousaii

imported post

Absolutely horrible thought. They are even adding warrantless searches if you own guns (into your own house !), treating law abiding, patriotic citizens like criminals on parole. - This bill is 100% dangerous and throws crap in the face of free America.

- READ THE BILL (see link in article) ~ !

:cuss:STAND UP against this !! - We The Peopledo NOT deserve this treatment - Vote thesetotalitarian bastards OUT of office, remove them at our first avail.

:XGrrr - Bat.

joeroket

imported post

The last time this bill was introduced it had no co-sponsors and almost no backing from anyone, even John Lovick who was running for Sno Co. Sheriff at the time of it's introduction.

Batousaii

imported post

I sure hope so Joe - i am avid believer that we asState/US Citizens,being able bodied and of sound mind, do automatically become part of theunorganised state militia, andare suppose keep and bear arms in defense of our state and country, in support of the US and state sovereignty, against all enemies foreign and domestic.
We are to stand ready, if state or country activates and organises us, we are expected to be effective and properly equipped to assist in defense of the nation against invasion. We are supposed to interlinked, stand along side the military in the effort to secure the states and country.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

- It is your responsibility as a countryman, to stand ready for organization.

- How then can we do so if we ourselves do not have arms comparable to the State and US militaries that we would in essence be appointed to support in the event that we were all activated and organised by the US or state, under the threat or act of invasion. It is our duty to be at all times armed, and our duty as American citizens to be vigil in the event we were needed as supporting roles to defend our country and state from an invasion (or dare to think oppression). We the People are the strength of the nation, our servants have forgotten their place. Though i do not wish or advocate harm against them, i do believe that we must keep our system in clear and current check, and offending servants must be removed from office and placed quickly and effortlessly into the first McDonald's where they can flip and serve my next juicy burger to remind them just how normal they too can be. - They serve us, period, either as a public entity, or at my local McDonald's...

- So to affirm, I am 100% against anything that infringes on my rights.... no ... my duty... to keep soverign the United States, and the State i live in. I have the deapest respect for governemt and Agents of the Law, however, i expect the same respect to be returned to us as citizens, since, simply put, these are our public SERVANTS. I respect the job(s) they do can be difficult, over bearing, tiring, dangerous for some (police etc.) and i fully support thier efforts to manage a healthy society, so long as thier efforts are not against the Constituion of US and State, or against it's law abiding Citizens. Our loss of controll over the servants gone wild is an appauling exibit of Romanistic thinking, where we eventually will have only our selves to blame. Either we make positive efforts to regain control now, or pray for hell, we may need to use a distructive means later, and blame ourselves for the later. We need to move these types out of office and into positions where they have no power - like McDonald's servingus juicyburgers.... supersize that for me would you please.

;)Bat.

(edit: Bat cant speel gud)

DEROS72

imported post

I don't f..g think so!!!!

Now I'm pissed.How far are we going to let these people infringe on rights guaranteed by the Constitution.Time we let them here about it.Every freaking gun owner in the state.Time to talk of a march on Olympia and let them know it ..they will no longer be tolerated.This session I believe ends in March and we must take decisive action before they bring this to a vote!!!

We have a meet coming this sunday in Everett and it would be good to have as many there as possible to plan action.this time no more waiting. Done with that....I will be a cold day in hell I let these people dictate to me what I can own or carry for my personal use.This flys in the face of every Constitutional right we have and they have to be stopped and abruptly.We let them do this there will be no end to the rights they will comprimise!!!

swatspyder

imported post

They want to ignore your 4th Amendment right and enter your house to inspect how you store your firearm. How do you think they are going to know you have an "assault weapon?" Registration of your firearms...

They don't want you to transport multiple firearms, or even an "assault weapon" unless you are going to the range or hunting. And they don't want you to have magazines over 10 rounds when accompanied by a firearm that uses it.

IANAL, but this is how I interpret what is written.

If this makes its way through, we will become the next California.

18 NEW SECTION. Sec. 2. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW
19 to read as follows:
20 (1) No person in this state shall manufacture, possess, purchase,
21 sell, or otherwise transfer any assault weapon, or any assault weapon
22 conversion kit, except as authorized by subsection (3) of this section.
23 Any assault weapon or assault weapon conversion kit the manufacture,
24 possession, purchase, sale, or other transfer of which is prohibited
25 under this section is a public nuisance.
26 (2) No person in this state shall possess or have under his or her
27 control at one time both of the following:
28 (a) A semiautomatic or pump-action rifle, semiautomatic pistol, or
29 shotgun capable of accepting a detachable magazine; and
30 (b) Any magazine capable of use with that firearm that contains
31 more than ten rounds of ammunition.

32 (3) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to any of the
33 following:
34 (a) The possession of an unloaded assault weapon for the purpose of
35 permanently relinquishing it to a law enforcement agency in this state.
36 Any assault weapon relinquished pursuant to this subsection shall be
37 destroyed;
SB 6396 p. 6
1 (b) The transfer of any assault weapon by a licensed manufacturer
2 or dealer to a law enforcement agency in this state for use by that
3 agency or its employees for law enforcement purposes;
4 (c) The possession of an assault weapon that was legally possessed
5 on the effective date of this section, but only if the person legally
6 possessing the assault weapon has complied with all of the requirements
7 of subsection (5) of this section;
8 (d) The possession of an assault weapon that has been permanently
9 disabled so that it is incapable of discharging a projectile.
10 (4) Subsection (2) of this section shall not apply to any person:
11 (a) While lawfully engaged in shooting at a duly licensed, lawfully
12 operated shooting range;
13 (b) While lawfully participating in a sporting event officially
14 sanctioned by a club or organization established in whole or in part
15 for the purpose of sponsoring sport shooting events.
16 (5) In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was
17 legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person
18 possessing the assault weapon shall do all of the following:
19 (a) Safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of
20 the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to
21 ensure compliance with this subsection
;
22 (b) Possess the assault weapon only on property owned or
23 immediately controlled by the person, or while engaged in the legal use
24 of the assault weapon at a duly licensed firing range, or while
25 traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of
26 engaging in the legal use of the assault weapon, provided that the
27 assault weapon is stored unloaded and in a separate locked container
28 during transport.

29 (6) Notwithstanding any other provision of this section, any person
30 in this state who, after the effective date of this section, acquires
31 title to an assault weapon by inheritance, bequest, or succession,
32 shall, within thirty days of acquiring title, do one of the following:
33 (a) Comply with all of the requirements of subsection (5) of this
34 section;
35 (b) Dispose of the assault weapon pursuant to subsection (3)(a) of
36 this section; or
37 (c) Permanently disable the assault weapon so that it is incapable
38 of discharging a projectile.
p. 7 SB 6396
1 (7)(a) Any person convicted of violating subsection (1) or (2) of
2 this section is guilty of a class C felony.
3 (b) Any person convicted of violating subsection (5) of this
4 section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
5 (8) This section does not apply to:
6 (a) Marshals, sheriffs, prison or jail wardens or their deputies,
7 or other law enforcement officers of this or another state while acting
8 within the scope of their duties;
9 (b) Members of the armed forces of the United States or of the
10 national guard or organized services, when on duty;
11 (c) Officers or employees of the United States duly authorized to
12 possess assault weapons; or
13 (d) Any person engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing,
14 or dealing in assault weapons, or the representative or agent of the
15 person who is properly licensed under federal or state laws to do so
16 and who is acting within the usual and ordinary course of the business.

DEROS72

imported post

SwatSpyder if we let them get away with these things we will becaome the next England.Next they will want to confiscate .G..d da..it are we going to stand by and let this happen....????

DEROS72

imported post

That is to say they have to force registration because thats how they will find out who has them.Then they will introduce legislation to enter our homes unannounced and confiscate what ever they want.How many of you will actually let them do this.??

I thought about running for office but then I thought well my first question to Congress would be ...What do you mean we ran out of nukes???

heresolong

imported post

swatspyder wrote:

18 NEW SECTION. Sec. 2. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW
19 to read as follows:
20 (1) No person in this state shall manufacture, possess, purchase,
21 sell, or otherwise transfer any assault weapon, or any assault weapon
22 conversion kit, except as authorized by subsection (3) of this section.
23 Any assault weapon or assault weapon conversion kit the manufacture,
24 possession, purchase, sale, or other transfer of which is prohibited
25 under this section is a public nuisance.
Where do they define "assault weapon" or is that already in law?

DEROS72

imported post

Look in the Bill they even define semi auto pistols as assault weapons..

gsx1138

imported post

I will be speaking to people I trust in private if this passes. However, each one of you need to ask yourself what you are willing to do if Law Enforcement starts entering our homes to check on our weapons.

Given the bucket of sh!t LEO's have gotten already because they have to be the Politicians baby sitters I suspect they'll be less than happy about this.

The key is to get this stopped before it starts and then make them pay at the polls. If not...

DEROS72

imported post

The way I see it they can all stand down without undue fuss.......or not.The trouble is also allowing people in office that even think they have a right to do these things.Thats an attitude that leads to this attempt at total control.

When I left the Dr's today I was asked by a retired police officer who saw me what sort of gun I carried. We talked and he said to me I wish more people carried like that we'd have fewer problems.

oppose6396

imported post

Lets also think about creating lists of individuals we can create to have everyone call. Most people have no idea where to start or who to call in a situation like this.

We need to spread the word and be proactive about this situation.

Our list should include not only local numbers in Thurston County....but from around the whole state.

DEROS72

imported post

Suddenly I have an overwhelming urge to get a beer(Bud) ,clean guns and watch NASCAR.

Think I'll give Bubba and Cletis a call.

tai4de2

imported post

Just sent to my Senator and Reps:

Dear 45th District Legislators,

I am writing to express my opposition to SB 6396, "Banning the sale of assault weapons."

Should it become law, this bill is unlikely to prevent any crimes. It would, however, severely impact your law-abiding constituents' exercise of their right to bear arms under both the United States and Washington State Constitutions.

This alone should be sufficient justification to vehemently oppose SB 6396.

The bill's provision for warrantless searches (section (5)(a)), however, is simply breathtaking in its reckless disregard for our traditions of freedom, and hopefully provides you with even firmer grounds for opposition. The very idea of forcing law-abiding citizens to arbitrarily open their homes to State police powers is repugnant and alarming.

I sincerely I hope that I can count on you uphold liberty by standing in opposition to this irresponsible bill.

Sincerely,
(me)
(my address)