• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Citizen TV show segment link

joshk

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
joshk wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
I have a story, but it's too short.
Tell it, the segment you saw is a short story too. If you don't want to post your story on the forum, you can click the "tell your story" link on the crimestriketv.com website.

Yes, good editing can expand a story effectively :lol:
No offense, Josh.
None taken!

paramedic70002

imported post

Here's the abbreviated version of 2 stories, both of which happened about 2 decades ago:

At a pawn shop. Guy comes in raving about his wife having pawned some electronics. Very upset. Makes a veiled threat and goes to car. I was leaving anyway, so I went outside to my truck. He opens trunk and starts rummaging around. I took a position of partial cover, got my grip on, and told him to come out empty handed. He jumped in car and took off. Cops called, they pulled him but found no weapon.

Was walking into gun shop with a friend. Car comes down street driving all crazy, so we stopped to watch. Two guys in car. Car slides by us, burns tires in reverse, stops. Driver yells "What you looking at" then repeats the slide burn and yell. My friend says "You." Guy parks car, digs around in his back seat, gets out of car while sliding something in his pocket. Starts walking toward me quickly. I drew to low ready and said NO! Guy redirects to my friend (BIG MISTAKE I'm thinking... I've seen this before!). Guy reaches out to shove Rob in the chest. Rob grabs guy by the crotch and the throat, picks him up sideways, bashes him into a telephone pole, throws him to the ground, falls onto him straddling, and proceeds to punch left kidney right kidney left kidney right kidney throat crotch repeat drill. Guy's friend gets out of car/I wave him away still at low ready. Finally the gun shop owner, a crusty old Army Sergeant, comes out and tells ROb to let the guy up. Guy summoned enough reserve power to get to his car and got the heck out of Dodge. Cops showed up and took report.

Rob never starts fights but he has a sure fire way of ending them. I swear I have seen him do this twice, heard about it another time. 1000yardshooter can probably testify.

joshk

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
are you just going to cover person vs. person? or include animal encounters too

We are probably just going to stick to person vs. person, simply because we don't really have the time and budget for things like bears and mountain lions. We have come across a lot of dog stories, but animals are notoriously hard to work with.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i understand,however me and an uncle(seperate occasions) had a run in with probably the same bear a few summers back.

one thing i might suggest though,in that video,the kid had his arm that was on the pump of that mossberg was rather out to the side...i think they call it chicken winging

ive been told that its not the proper way to shoot,and that you should keep the arms tucked in,might be something to consider for an added sense or realism...

dont get me wrong though,i LOVE what your doing

joshk

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i understand,however me and an uncle(seperate occasions) had a run in with probably the same bear a few summers back.

one thing i might suggest though,in that video,the kid had his arm that was on the pump of that mossberg was rather out to the side...i think they call it chicken winging

ive been told that its not the proper way to shoot,and that you should keep the arms tucked in,might be something to consider for an added sense or realism...

dont get me wrong though,i LOVE what your doing
Thank you, we will definitely take that into consideration next time. And thank you for your support of the show, much appreciated.

Sig229

imported post

I have a story that is abotu as long as the one shown on the website.
But I didnt have to fire any shots.
I just aimed it at the threat.

So, I dont know if they would accept it or not.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Great job - looking forward to the whole series.

Maybe, just maybe, this will help the fence sitters to make a good decision.

Good technical review would be beneficial i.e. shotgun shells vs bullets.

Yata hey

GoldCoaster

imported post

Just watched it, very good, nothing over the top. I wish you well in your endeavor I think you will interest a wide swath of people who are just now waking up to their rights and responsibilities.