• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Citizen TV show segment link

joshk

imported post

****NEW SEGMENT ON THE WEBSITE. CHECK IT OUT EVERYONE! (6/14/2010)

http://www.crimestriketv.com

Hello everyone at open carry. I posted a while back looking for peoples true stories of self defense for our TV show currently in production called, Crimestrike. Well we have finished 3 episodes, and our website has a segment from one of those episodes. I thought everyone here would enjoy watching it. We are also still shooting new episodes, so if you have a story about yourself you'd like to tell just click on the link below the video.

Thank you everyone and I hope you enjoy!

JoshK

Streetbikerr6

imported post

joshk wrote:
Hello everyone at open carry. I posted a while back looking for peoples true stories of self defense for our TV show currently in production called, Crimestrike. Well we have finished 3 episodes, and our website has a segment from one of those episodes. I thought everyone here would enjoy watching it. We are also still shooting new episodes, so if you have a story about yourself you'd like to tell just click on the link below the video.

JoshK
What a great idea. Not having watched your episode yet, I could see how awesome this would be to watch. I mean we always see shows on spike TV about people getting in car accidents, plane crashes.. etc.. and they give their story. This is much more exciting. All you would need are actors to re-create the scenerio that happened with a shaky camera..etc. I'm going to watch right now. I wish I had a story to submit!

joshk

imported post

This will be on television, we're just not sure what channel as of yet.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

joshk wrote:

JoshK

NICE!

Superlite27

imported post

I wish I had a story to submit!

Not me. In order to have a story, you'll first need to get into a life or death situation. Maybe it's just me, but I choose to avoid these. Rather than running the chance of having a good story...until I died, I'll choose to NOT have a good story.

paramedic70002

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:

Not me. In order to have a story, you'll first need to get into a life or death situation.  Maybe it's just me, but I choose to avoid these. Rather than running the chance of having a good story...until I died, I'll choose to NOT have a good story.

I've got a story or two, but they are not nearly that dramatic or prolonged.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
Not me. In order to have a story, you'll first need to get into a life or death situation. Maybe it's just me, but I choose to avoid these. Rather than running the chance of having a good story...until I died, I'll choose to NOT have a good story.
Avoidance is always the best policy. A handy retreat is the next best policy.

ocgso

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:

+1

I would prefer to not get into those situations than to have a story to tell.

joshk

imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
I have a story, but it's too short.
Tell it, the segment you saw is a short story too. If you don't want to post your story on the forum, you can click the "tell your story" link on the crimestriketv.com website.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

joshk wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
I have a story, but it's too short.
Tell it, the segment you saw is a short story too. If you don't want to post your story on the forum, you can click the "tell your story" link on the crimestriketv.com website.

Yes, good editing can expand a story effectively :lol:
No offense, Josh.