Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Tony's 7" Manassas PD officer and Virginia Arms Co.

Post imported post

In Manassas today doing my normal look-around at VA Arms and Guns and Ammo Warehouse. Stopped at VA Arms first since it was on the way.
    Last edited by nova; 04-29-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Post imported post

nova wrote:

snip...Sorry for the long paragraph, I was just getting all my thoughts out as I recalled them.snip..

Paragraphs require indentation:shock:

Though it seems you handled the situation well.

Post imported post

Don't you know Gun shop Commando's (oh, I mean clerks) are gun law experts.

I like G&AW better than VAA becasue of thestaff, when I have to get something at VAA I just usually get it and leave, some of the conversations I've over heard the staff having would amaze you.

There are a few good guys over at VAA (imho) but I perfer to shop at G&AW.

Edit:
    Now thatI know a JBT works @ VAA I won't be shopping there anymore.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

What is Tony's 7 ?
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    What is Tony's 7 ?
    http://www.vcdl.org/Tonys/mcpd.html

Post imported post

Pagan wrote:
    nova wrote:

snip...Sorry for the long paragraph, I was just getting all my thoughts out as I recalled them.snip..

Paragraphs require indentation:shock:

Though it seems you handled the situation well.
    Haha true that. I guess that is what we call a wall of text
    thanks

Agent19 wrote:

I like G&AW better than VAA becasue of thestaff, when I have to get something at VAA I just usually get it and leave, some of the conversations I've over heard the staff having would amaze you.

Edit:
    VA Arms has some good guys there, Bernie is very knowledgeable and helpful, and very polite. There's a few others there I could name who are also very polite and helpful.
    Last edited by nova; 04-29-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:

Edit:
    You're going to boycott a gun store that you previously did business at ..... because a "JBT works" there part time?

Fascinating....

P.S. Hmm...what if the "JBT" quits at some point in the future? Do you then go back to VAA?

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:

Edit:
    You're going to boycott a gun store that you previously did business at ..... because a "JBT works" there part time?

Fascinating....

P.S. Hmm...what if the "JBT" quits at some point in the future? Do you then go back to VAA?
    There used to be a gunstore in Milan, Ohio which I regularly visited. One day while I was there, one of the cops who ran the place started running his mouth about how all private sales should be BANNED and that ALL gun purchases should HAVE to be through a gunstore. I made no more purchases there and they're now out of business.

You have a right to be a xxxx, just not on my dime.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

I have had some similar experiences at VA Arms. Back in November (about two weeks before my 21st birthday) I was checking out some 1911s. I had already handled a fewdifferent handguns when I mentioned thatI would likely come back on or after my birthday. The guy showing me the guns (I forget who it was) seemed to get a little worry, and said he wasn't allowed to let anyone under 21 handle a handgun.

A little over a year ago I was purchasing a shotgun from VAA, and I wasOCing my XD at the time. The guy ringing me up got pretty confused when we checked my ID and found that I was under 21 and in possession of a handgun. He seemed to be genuinely concerned that I didn't get into any trouble, but I assured him that I knew the law, my rights, andthe risk regarding carry a handgun.

I have never been given anyother trouble about carrying loaded or concealed in VAA. On the other hand, this Monday I was in G&A, and Longwatch was kind enough tomake sure I knew thatthere was no magazine in my gun. I there, and at VAA, looking for a new holster, so I had unloaded and put the mag in my back pocket.

Post imported post

They have that same ridiculous "rule" at Superior in VB, too.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

wylde007 wrote:
    They have that same ridiculous "rule" at Superior in VB, too.
    Neither Virginia Arms nor Guns and Ammo Warehouse have any policy whereby armed customers must remove their magazines and unload their guns before entering their stores. At least none of which I am aware.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    ...SNIP
    Went to Guns and Ammo Warehouse afterward, saw longwatch (always good to see you ) and headed home.

SNIP...
    Um... You did know that Longwatch IS ONE of the "Tonys 7" did you not?:what:
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    nova wrote:
    ...SNIP
    Went to Guns and Ammo Warehouse afterward, saw longwatch (always good to see you ) and headed home.

SNIP...
    Schhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsh.....It's a secret!

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Hawkflyer wrote:
    nova wrote:
    ...SNIP

SNIP...
    Schhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsh.....It's a secret!
    Well ... a pretty poorly kept one maybe.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    What is Tony's 7 ?
    Have there been any developments past the last posted on that page?

TFred

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Longwatch is an Ok stand up guy. Someone whom I would like to cover my back.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

TFred wrote:

TFred
    Nope.
    ---

Post imported post

Seriously, "Guns and Ammo Warehouse" is probably the best name, ever.

Now, why would anybody pass that up in favor of a place which employs member(s) of the MCPD?

Those are just my thoughts on the matter.

Post imported post

I've heard a lot of stupid **** come out of the mouths of Green Top employee's about what the law is. I've also heard a lot of stupid **** come out of the mouths of police officers about what the law is. I've seen a lot of police officers talking to Green Top employees.

Hmmmm...
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    Seriously, "Guns and Ammo Warehouse" is probably the best name, ever.

Now, why would anybody pass that up in favor of a place which employs member(s) of the MCPD?

Those are just my thoughts on the matter.
    Oh crap ... Now I'm agreeing with you. I need a vacation.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    nova wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    What is Tony's 7 ?

TFred
    Yes. Philip and VCDL did go back after the Chief's letter/formal report to protest.A few less people, but still packed the hall. Quite a few spoke. It may even be on YouTube. I think one of the executive members taped it.

City Council never did anything about it. I have this vague recollection the Mayor may have verbally commented or written that he accepted the Chief's letter/report.

Latera VCDL'er spoke ata public hearing aboutthe police department (the hearing wasabout the police department), re-opening the wound for the Chief by publicly callingon him to explain the obvious inconsistenciesin hisletter/report.

After that, the matter was dropped as far as I know.

But, the biggest development is the one that never happened: since then not one single OCer has been harassed by Manassas PD. Not one report of OCer harassment has surfaced. So, even though "it never happened", the police know what went down, especially the command structure, and I am quite sure the word went out that whatever didn't happen had better not happen again.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Well, it's hard not to agree with my assessment. :P

G&AW is simply a cool shop. Good staff, which isn't a given with gun shops. The name is just icing on the cake.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    But, the biggest development is the one that never happened: since then not one single OCer has been harassed by Manassas PD. Not one report of OCer harassment has surfaced. So, even though "it never happened", the police know what went down, especially the command structure, and I am quite sure the word went out that whatever didn't happen had better not happen again.
    Thanks, that sounds like a successful outcome.

TFred

Post imported post

Of course, while they may have been told not to do it again, the lesson never really sunk in, which is why there are so many Manassas and PW cops spreading ********* about what happened that night. One of them was a member of this forum whose very first post was an accusation of lying leveled against the Tony's 7, and he wasn't even there.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Of course, while they may have been told not to do it again, the lesson never really sunk in, which is why there are so many Manassas and PW cops spreading horse@#$% about what happened that night. One of them was a member of this forum whose very first post was an accusation of lying leveled against the Tony's 7, and he wasn't even there.
    Well, yes. I never really figured they would turn into rights loving, libertarian, Locke-ians. But, I'll take a smack-down that keeps them in line for a while. I am absolutely certain that they never dreamed they were screwing with a bunch of guys who knew the law, knew how to use the FOIA statute, and had lots of friends in VCDL. The surprise and frantic scramble for damage control must have been hilarious.

All one really has to do is print out the Chief's letter and ask the naysayers to explain all the discrepancies. One that really comes back to mind is the nonsense about the demand for ID really being just a request to see if the OCers were fellow LEOs.

Yeah, right. Cops just walk up to each other, out of uniform, and the first thing they ask is to see the other's credentials. Sure.Not, as we have heard a number of times here on this forum, "What department do you work for?"No, it was, according to the chief's letter, some form of"Can I see your credentials?" Uh-huh. Suuuuuuure.

The Chief's letter is riddled with inconsistencies. Justrequire any naysayers to explain 'em.

In fact, you almost wouldn't have to require a naysayer to explain the inconsistencies. About all you might have to do is ask, "Did you ever see the inconsistency-laden letter the Chief wrote after his internal investigation? You might want to read that before you support them much."

Just lay the question in there real off-handed. Almost as if you are concerned for the naysayer. I'll bet you generate enough doubt that he either never mentions it again, or he goes looking for that letter.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast