• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Tony's 7" Manassas PD officer and Virginia Arms Co.

nova

imported post

In Manassas today doing my normal look-around at VA Arms and Guns and Ammo Warehouse. Stopped at VA Arms first since it was on the way.

Last edited:

Pagan

imported post

nova wrote:

snip...Sorry for the long paragraph, I was just getting all my thoughts out as I recalled them.snip..

Paragraphs require indentation:shock::D

Though it seems you handled the situation well.

Marco

imported post

Don't you know Gun shop Commando's (oh, I mean clerks) are gun law experts.

I like G&AW better than VAA becasue of thestaff, when I have to get something at VAA I just usually get it and leave, some of the conversations I've over heard the staff having would amaze you.

There are a few good guys over at VAA (imho) but I perfer to shop at G&AW.

Edit:
Now thatI know a JBT works @ VAA I won't be shopping there anymore.

nova

imported post

Pagan wrote:
nova wrote:

snip...Sorry for the long paragraph, I was just getting all my thoughts out as I recalled them.snip..

Paragraphs require indentation:shock::D

Though it seems you handled the situation well.
Haha true that. I guess that is what we call a wall of text :lol:
thanks ;)

Agent19 wrote:

I like G&AW better than VAA becasue of thestaff, when I have to get something at VAA I just usually get it and leave, some of the conversations I've over heard the staff having would amaze you.

Edit:
VA Arms has some good guys there, Bernie is very knowledgeable and helpful, and very polite. There's a few others there I could name who are also very polite and helpful.

Last edited:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Agent19 wrote:

Edit:

You're going to boycott a gun store that you previously did business at ..... because a "JBT works" there part time?

Fascinating....

P.S. Hmm...what if the "JBT" quits at some point in the future? Do you then go back to VAA?

Deanimator

imported post

HankT wrote:
Agent19 wrote:

Edit:

You're going to boycott a gun store that you previously did business at ..... because a "JBT works" there part time?

Fascinating....

P.S. Hmm...what if the "JBT" quits at some point in the future? Do you then go back to VAA?
There used to be a gunstore in Milan, Ohio which I regularly visited. One day while I was there, one of the cops who ran the place started running his mouth about how all private sales should be BANNED and that ALL gun purchases should HAVE to be through a gunstore. I made no more purchases there and they're now out of business.

You have a right to be a xxxx, just not on my dime.

VApatriot

imported post

I have had some similar experiences at VA Arms. Back in November (about two weeks before my 21st birthday) I was checking out some 1911s. I had already handled a fewdifferent handguns when I mentioned thatI would likely come back on or after my birthday. The guy showing me the guns (I forget who it was) seemed to get a little worry, and said he wasn't allowed to let anyone under 21 handle a handgun.

A little over a year ago I was purchasing a shotgun from VAA, and I wasOCing my XD at the time. The guy ringing me up got pretty confused when we checked my ID and found that I was under 21 and in possession of a handgun. He seemed to be genuinely concerned that I didn't get into any trouble, but I assured him that I knew the law, my rights, andthe risk regarding carry a handgun.

I have never been given anyother trouble about carrying loaded or concealed in VAA. On the other hand, this Monday I was in G&A, and Longwatch was kind enough tomake sure I knew thatthere was no magazine in my gun. I there, and at VAA, looking for a new holster, so I had unloaded and put the mag in my back pocket.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
nova wrote:
...SNIP
Went to Guns and Ammo Warehouse afterward, saw longwatch (always good to see you :) ) and headed home.

SNIP...
Um... You did know that Longwatch IS ONE of the "Tonys 7" did you not?:what:
Schhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsh.....It's a secret!

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
nova wrote:
...SNIP
Went to Guns and Ammo Warehouse afterward, saw longwatch (always good to see you :) ) and headed home.

SNIP...
Um... You did know that Longwatch IS ONE of the "Tonys 7" did you not?:what:
Schhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsh.....It's a secret!
Well ... a pretty poorly kept one maybe.:lol:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Seriously, "Guns and Ammo Warehouse" is probably the best name, ever.

Now, why would anybody pass that up in favor of a place which employs member(s) of the MCPD?

Those are just my thoughts on the matter. ;)

simmonsjoe

imported post

I've heard a lot of stupid shit come out of the mouths of Green Top employee's about what the law is. I've also heard a lot of stupid shit come out of the mouths of police officers about what the law is. I've seen a lot of police officers talking to Green Top employees.

Hmmmm...

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

marshaul wrote:
Seriously, "Guns and Ammo Warehouse" is probably the best name, ever.

Now, why would anybody pass that up in favor of a place which employs member(s) of the MCPD?

Those are just my thoughts on the matter. ;)
Oh crap ... Now I'm agreeing with you. I need a vacation.:banghead: