• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help

DEROS72

imported post

I went to the docs today and found I have a failing heart valve.He wants me in tomorrow at 2:30 for an echo cardiogram takes about an hour.I have no way to get there.Bookman usually helps me out but will be unable to at this time.Any help with a ride will be greatly appreciated....Thanks Jim

I need to be around for a march on Olympia!!!!!!

Tawnos

imported post

Sorry, got a meeting at that time. Plus, I'm not too keen on the suggestion of murder.

swatspyder

imported post

:?

The echocardiogram is simple. Just a little cold when the put the gel on your back and chest.

I have a bicuspid aortic valve. The most common congenital heart disease.

22712.jpg

Complications of bicuspid aortic valve include:
  • Congestive heart failure
  • Leakage of blood through the valve back into the heart
  • Narrowing of the valve's opening
They say that I may or may not have to have the valve replaced when I am older. It depends on if that valve starts to fail. Supposedly a lot of people have it. I just have to eat healthy and exercise, like everyone else should do.

Which reminds me... I was supposed to go to the cardiologist like 2 or 3 years ago for a checkup and still haven't gone... Probably should do that.

Anyways, enough about me. Good luck on the tests and I hope that everything turns out well if you do in fact have to go under the knife! The doctors around here are very good, especially in Seattle. Just remember to talk to a few different doctors for their independent opinions.

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks for the cool diagram...I have actually had 4 major heart attacks since 97 the first being when I was 43.I managed a large business in Palm springs and 3 occured in my office there over 5 years and the last being in Sept 07.Fotunately Bookman was around to throw me in the car and get me to Highline hosp.IN Ca. I was in Eisenhower hosp so often that the para medics that kept picking me up became customers of our company(never stop selling) and the hospital was having a cup made with my name on it.There in lies the issue.Doc says my heart is pretty beat up from the past I made need a new valve.

I remember getting annoyed with staff calling in sick when I released myself from the Hospital early wearing a 24 hour monitor to the office and said If I can come in with this you can come in with a cold.I was demanding but my people were the highest paid in the company and recieved the biggest bonusus.They especially were upset when I first took over and put everyone inc. myself on commision.No hourly.Weeded out pretty quik the folks that were just showing up for a check.but off on a tangent sorry.It is nice to talk with those that have similar dealings and can compare notes.

Mech

imported post

If I lived any closer I would help out, but looks like someone had already stepped up to the plate :)
Best of luck!

compmanio365

imported post

Deros, sorry to hear you're having trouble. Have you looked into transportation via whatever program you are going through for your health care? When I had healthcare through the state for a while, they paid for a taxi to come pick me up for my appointments and back home because of my lack of transportation and where I was at, there was no public transit......just a thought, not sure how good things are anymore, this was several years ago.

DEROS72

imported post

I want to thank WA. for liberty for commiting to helping me out with this.And Sparky508 and the others for their offers of help.It is a blessing indeed to see those that will step up and help out where they can. Thanks again!

It can be a little disconcerting when the Doc is has an oh s..t moment while listening to your heart.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Jim best of luck to you. They do wonders now days I had A fib a few years ago and was ablated it took 15 minutes and I have been good as new ever since. Get this fixed we have some fights brewing and need your help.

Jeff

DEROS72

imported post

I can't even put into words how much that means to me .I'll find out something tomorrow and keep you all posted.I got one fight left in me....

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks gogodawgs .I will keep you posted as we do indeed have things to do.

Had a blast at the range the other day ,again really glad you came out.That Sig of yours does shoot nice.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Thanks gogodawgs .I will keep you posted as we do indeed have things to do.

Had a blast at the range the other day ,again really glad you came out.That Sig of yours does shoot nice.
When the Coast Guard puts 3,000,000 rounds through a firearm and the SS puts 2,000,000, it better work everytime and be nice!

DEROS72

imported post

Thank you guys ..I will fight for this to my last breath.You guys mean alot.

tyguy808

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I got one fight left in me....

Good news, I called Paul Mitchell, he's sending in a chopper. He said he can't standby idly when his number one customer needs help. He'd go out of business without you!:p

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks Washingtonfor liberty for getting me to the Doc's today.The test took almost 2 hours.I went today and it took about 2 hours.UNfortunately I won't get the results for a day or 2.all I have been told is part of my heart is dead ,simply not working and I have a valve possibly going bad.The first part though I have dealt with for 10 years.The rest of my heart muscle trys to compensate. anyway I sure appreciate all the support. and I sure am grateful to all the guys that PM'ed me with offers to help.One doesn't feel so hung out to dry so to speak. Jim