• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MEM Spotted Either CC Or Unarmed?

DannyAbear

imported post

Revolver_Ocelot wrote:
derf wrote:

Uhh, maybe you haven't been following along. I didn't make MEM the OC icon that he is. MEM is free and welcome to respond to the post. I think he was CCing. That doesn't fit in with his stance on CCing as gathered from his posts. MEM lives very close to me and the incident in the OP happened at a place I go to regularly. I can produce a receipt from that store from last week. I bought a riding shirt on sale and a filter. In my community MEM and OC are intertwined. I don't agree with everything MEM does. I DO agree with some of his views. We have discussed things in PMs. Being an OC icon and at the forefront of OC issues in my area, I feel it appropriate to reference MEM in threads. He seems to be anti-CC to me and for someone to see him CCing raises questions.

He probably had his 357 in the normal weak side cross draw holster and just put on a jacket because it was cold. It is annoying to have to put a belt and holster on the outside of a jacket.
It really is a surprise to see that picture. MEM is not just against CC, he has made it clear over and over again that he despises CC, the government that regulates it and and anyone who carry's a permit to do so.

Your right, it was probably cold and he threw on a jacket, thus covering his gun. Since he refuses (or can't get) a CHP, he was in violation of the law. As a possible anarchist, that doesn't bother him. But it's kinda hypocritical to always go on about cops violating the law when he clearly has no problem with doing so himself.

Mark's blown any shred of credibility he may have had, which is a pity.

I think y'all missed the point; I'm sure MEM thinks as does Ted Nugent - the 2nd ammendment is my permit

And before the bashing, Im sure if you own a pistol, all of you, has carried it in your pocket at one time or another

Bat21

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Typical Baton Rouge city cop, doing what they do best.
obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Your credibility is TRASHED

derf

imported post

marshaul wrote:

My guess is that if you had the money, Barrett would make a .50 DTC for CA residents.
Oh, I though he refused to sell to them because they banned his products and the 50 in general. Maybe so.

Anyway, what state I live in has nothing to do with anything. I can post wherever I like, and you better enjoy it.
Or what? I enjoy laughing at your silliness.

derf wrote:
Barrett refrains from selling there.
Yeah, to LEOs. :quirky

If you guys can troll with "MEM" threads endlessly, then you can bet I'm going to continue to call you out for it.

My posts are not troll-like, as they do not constitute violation of forum rules, which anywhere from half to all of this thread does.

Try again.

Well since the mod edited one post I will assume that he is familiar with this thread and since he didn't delete or close it I will further assume it is not in violation of forum rules.
The same applies to your posts in this thread.
But, we can't both be right in this case so I'll assert that you are wrong because you state that posts are in violation and they stand. You should PM the mods and make a case to them. There is some obvious interest in this topic.
If you like pretend like the thread title is:
"Local OC figure spotted either cc or unarmed?"
MEM takes up less bandwidth, which is what you are wasting with your lame argument.

derf

imported post

And before the bashing, Im sure if you own a pistol, all of you, has carried it in your pocket at one time or another

Yes, I have, but I don't post negatively about CC.

DannyAbear

imported post

derf wrote:

Go back and re read all of the post, I think you will see he is against 'THE PERMIT', not ccing

Bat21

imported post

DannyAbear wrote:
derf wrote:

Go back and re read all of the post, I think you will see he is against 'THE PERMIT', not ccing

So what your saying is that MEM is against laws enforced by the state, yet he believes in the US Constitution which gives the State its power... That alone is an contradiction.. We all know MEM couldn't legally carry Concealed in this State.. which by his admission from a creditable realible source that he was carrying concealed at this business, knowingly..

There are several more instances that are not published that are in the information grapevine, but I suspect there will be more on that later... If you know what I mean.. Got to love the freedom of information act..

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

derf wrote:
He was just amazed because when he finally ran into MEM, MEM was not OCing.

So if MEM was carrying, he was not only not OCing....he was CCing illegally?

Hmm, ... same strategy as his protege, anty506. :?

BTW, is that an NRA logo on his cap? I can't tell....

derf

imported post

HankT wrote:

He was just amazed because when he finally ran into MEM, MEM was not OCing.

So if MEM was carrying, he was not only not OCing....he was CCing illegally?

Hmm, ... same strategy as his protege, anty506. :?

BTW, is that an NRA logo on his cap? I can't tell....
I think he had it in the regular place, but put on a coat because it was cold. I don't think he would go anywhere unarmed.

The surprise is he wasn't OCing.

The cops could have been called and "man with a gun" reported and then we would know for sure if he was CCing but the ill will was not present to harass them or get him arrested or cited. The observer knew about him, knows he doesn't have a CC permit, and he admitted to someone that he was carrying.
The opportunity to cause trouble for MEM was there, but the intent was not.
The posting of the observer's personal information, and the name of his spouse, etc., however, did seem to have malicious intent and does show an appearance of escalation on the part of MEM, or his relative, or cronie, or whoever posted that info.

turbodog

imported post

DannyAbear wrote:
derf wrote:

Yes, he's against the permit. And maybe your right, he might not be against CCing in principle.

(what am I saying, of course he's not against CCing, just with legal permitted CC. He clearlyhas no problem withillegal CCright?)

But he's also against anyone who gets a permit too. Just read some of his posts. If you have a permit, you might find out you're an AmeriKan in his book.

turbodog

imported post

DannyAbear wrote:
derf wrote:

Yes, he's against the permit. And maybe your right, he might not be against CCing in principle.

(what am I saying, of course he's not against CCing, just with legal permitted CC. He clearlyhas no problem withillegal CCright?)

But he's also against anyone who gets a permit too. Just read some of his posts. If you have a permit, you might find out you're an AmeriKan in his book.

georg jetson

imported post

turbodog wrote:
DannyAbear wrote:
derf wrote:

There are those that may be "AGAINST" asking the state's permission for anything, but in the case of a CC permit, it IS constitutional to require a permit as the "people" of Louisiana have agree in 1974 that it's NOT a protected right. Those interested in changing this should be preparing an amendment to the La. constitution and then politicking for its adoption. It's the ONLY legal way.

derf

imported post

I was a little young to vote. I agree it would be nice to change some laws. I can vote now.

georg jetson

imported post

Danny,
Please refrain from reminding the sheeple of their cowardice.
You are 100% correct, you and I didn't agree, but the vast majority of Amerikans,
complacent in their ignorance of affairs, DID so by their silence.
!) We have a court system... we don't need another revolution.
2) The chances of ending up with something BETTER than the Us Const nowadays is almost non-existant even if the revolution was won.
3) Inciting revolution on a forum is STUPID as it is highly illegal
4)I personally could not live with myself if I subjected my children and grandchildren to a bloody civil war when I had a peaceful means of recourse, but was too LAZY to learn to use!!!
5)Our forefathers fought hard to give us the tools to KEEP our servants in their chains. Giving up on them through ignorance is simply not an option.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Danny,
You are 100% correct, you and I didn't agree, but the vast majority of Amerikans,
Heya, Mark, do you have a permit to concealed carry a gun?

4angrybadgers

imported post

Danny,

How much longer till xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
Fine, you and Danny didn't agree. So? Enough people agreed when the law was proposed, and so it became law.

I didn't agree to some sewage fees (RS 40:31.32). Does that mean the law doesn't apply to me?

The law still applies to all under its jurisdiction, whether you "agree" with the law or not. That's a major component of the idea of a law - you don't get to pick and choose which ones you feel like following. If you don't like it, then use the available methods to change it (judicial, congressional, referendum, etc.).