• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MEM Spotted Either CC Or Unarmed?

turbodog

imported post

derf wrote:
ya35ec9
From the link:

WIT #1: "where is your gun?"
MEM: "How long you known me? You know i have it"

Oh my. Yes, it does seem to be covered up doesn't it.

The gun is covered and the HYPOCRITE is exposed for what he really is.
Man, even the memonites are gonna have a hard time with this one. :cuss:

Now if the Baton Rouge Police Dept. had snatched mark up by the hair and informed him he was a bad boy, do you think the Gonzales PD would have sent them bumper stickers sayin: "THXBRPD" ?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

derf wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Marshaul's Postulate of LA-OCDO Trolling (MPLOT):

Any person who creates a thread which refers to "MEM" in the title is, by default, a troll.
Why not keep your posts in the Kalifornia section?

MEM is a figure here who plays a large role in the OC scene.  Like him or not, agree with him or not, he is a player.
MEM may or may not have influenced a kid who is up on murder charges.
If THE proponent of OC and hater of CC is seen unarmed or CCing then it is an incident to be discussed.

Your post, OTOH, is the most troll-like in this thread, so far.
Aside from the thread itself?

This thread is nothing more than trolling a member of the forum, which ought to be a violation of rule #5.

derf

imported post

murphy stillwater wrote:
Now that I have seen these pics, I called Mark to confirm just what happened
So, you confirm it was MEM and he was CCing?

derf

imported post

Aside from the thread itself? This thread is nothing more than trolling a member of the forum, which ought to be a violation of rule #5.

Uhh, maybe you haven't been following along. I didn't make MEM the OC icon that he is. MEM is free and welcome to respond to the post. I think he was CCing. That doesn't fit in with his stance on CCing as gathered from his posts. MEM lives very close to me and the incident in the OP happened at a place I go to regularly. I can produce a receipt from that store from last week. I bought a riding shirt on sale and a filter. In my community MEM and OC are intertwined. I don't agree with everything MEM does. I DO agree with some of his views. We have discussed things in PMs. Being an OC icon and at the forefront of OC issues in my area, I feel it appropriate to reference MEM in threads. He seems to be anti-CC to me and for someone to see him CCing raises questions.

He probably had his 357 in the normal weak side cross draw holster and just put on a jacket because it was cold. It is annoying to have to put a belt and holster on the outside of a jacket.

You, OTOH, do not live near me or so your info states. You can keep what you consider trolling to yourself. A case can be made that your posts are more troll-like. If MEM related posts are not to your liking then maybe you should refrain from clicking on them. Kalifornia laws are not to my liking so I refrain from living there. Barrett refrains from selling there.

Revolver_Ocelot

imported post

derf wrote:

Uhh, maybe you haven't been following along. I didn't make MEM the OC icon that he is. MEM is free and welcome to respond to the post. I think he was CCing. That doesn't fit in with his stance on CCing as gathered from his posts. MEM lives very close to me and the incident in the OP happened at a place I go to regularly. I can produce a receipt from that store from last week. I bought a riding shirt on sale and a filter. In my community MEM and OC are intertwined. I don't agree with everything MEM does. I DO agree with some of his views. We have discussed things in PMs. Being an OC icon and at the forefront of OC issues in my area, I feel it appropriate to reference MEM in threads. He seems to be anti-CC to me and for someone to see him CCing raises questions.

He probably had his 357 in the normal weak side cross draw holster and just put on a jacket because it was cold. It is annoying to have to put a belt and holster on the outside of a jacket.
It really is a surprise to see that picture. MEM is not just against CC, he has made it clear over and over again that he despises CC, the government that regulates it and and anyone who carry's a permit to do so.

Your right, it was probably cold and he threw on a jacket, thus covering his gun. Since he refuses (or can't get) a CHP, he was in violation of the law. As a possible anarchist, that doesn't bother him. But it's kinda hypocritical to always go on about cops violating the law when he clearly has no problem with doing so himself.

Mark's blown any shred of credibility he may have had, which is a pity.

rmansu2

imported post

Revolver_Ocelot wrote:
derf wrote:
It really is a surprise to see that picture. MEM is not just against CC, he has made it clear over and over again that he despises CC, the government that regulates it and and anyone who carry's a permit to do so.

Your right, it was probably cold and he threw on a jacket, thus covering his gun. Since he refuses (or can't get) a CHP, he was in violation of the law. As a possible anarchist, that doesn't bother him. But it's kinda hypocritical to always go on about cops violating the law when he clearly has no problem with doing so himself.

Mark's blown any shred of credibility he may have had, which is a pity.
I wouldn't say he despises CC from what I know of him and have gathered from our conversations. I would say he is extremely conservative and feels the government should have know say in how you DEFEND yourself. I think it's more of a why ask permission and register with "the man" if you don't have to.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

how much hate and anger does a person need to actually go and stalk the object of their hatred in the hopes of snapping a picture to catch them doing something........wrong.

Revolver_Ocelot

imported post

rmansu2 wrote
I wouldn't say he despises CC from what I know of him and have gathered from our conversations. I would say he is extremely conservative and feels the government should have know say in how you DEFEND yourself. I think it's more of a why ask permission and register with "the man" if you don't have to.
I agree that you shouldn't have to ask permission to have a means to defend yourself.

But Mark has repeatedly written in a dismissive (and downright antagonistic) tone about people who went and got concealed permits. I dislike having had to go though the rigamarole to get one, but I felt the necessity and I damn sure don't need some holier-than-thou schmuck telling me I kissed the governments butt and that I ain't no kind of man because I got a permit.

Mark loves to go on about how the state constitution is "The Law" on carry. Well, that same document clearly says the state reserves the right to regulate concealed carry. Period. He ignores that inconvenient part in his arguments.

derf

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Typical Baton Rouge city cop, doing what they do best.

Not true. False.

If he were a cop, you would have been subject to a Terry Pat and if found in possession of a firearm charged with illegal carrying which is a misdemeanor, or so a buddy tells me.

I'm glad you responded, but I'm disappointed in the response.

He is not a cop. He is aware of your exploits. He was just AMAZED to finally see you in person with no OC gun. He could have easily called the cops and reported "man with a gun" since you admitted to someone that you were carrying. But, he did not.

I don't think he stared at your wife in a creepy way. He isn't like that. Maybe another person in the store did, I dunno. Your wife is your wife and must know that being Mrs. MEM comes with some baggage that most women don't carry. I assume she is a woman of character and strong convictions. I would not post her name and/or address or disrespect her because I disagree with you.
If/when we do meet in person (we live close) I will probably shake your hand and chat about this and that, weather, motorcycles, OC, recipes, whatever. I may not recognize you, though, if you aren't OCing the 357.

derf

imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
how much hate and anger does a person need to actually go and stalk the object of their hatred in the hopes of snapping a picture to catch them doing something........wrong.
Not hate and anger. Hate and anger would have called the cops. You weren't there. Neither was I. But, I don't think hate and anger were on the agenda. No one was stalked. Both parties ride motorcycles. Both were shopping at a cycle shop.
MEM is a local figure. I, and many others, are always on the lookout for him, his bike, and his 357. I'm not stalking him. I live near him. I could easily stake out his place (and he mine, for that matter), but it isn't like that. I hope to run into him someday and maybe shake his hand and chat. I might even buy him lunch if the chat turns into conversation.
We can disagree, even strongly disagree, without hate and anger.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

derf wrote:
Barrett refrains from selling there. 
Yeah, to LEOs. :quirky

My guess is that if you had the money, Barrett would make a .50 DTC for CA residents.

Anyway, what state I live in has nothing to do with anything. I can post wherever I like, and you better enjoy it. If you guys can troll with "MEM" threads endlessly, then you can bet I'm going to continue to call you out for it.

My posts are not troll-like, as they do not constitute violation of forum rules, which anywhere from half to all of this thread does.

Try again.

derf

imported post

murphy stillwater wrote:
Having read some of the post on this forum, I sincerely doubt Mark will be sharing lunch with anyone here.
Not even you?

I'm just saying I could sit down and eat/talk with him. To me, that is kinda the opposite of hate/anger/ill will. I may like him less after lunch. But, for now we just disagree on some stuff.

And, I'm not stalking or seeking him out. I'm just stating how it may go down if our paths cross.