• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Washington State Assault Weapon Ban of 2010

LC

imported post

--was formally filed this morning by Senator Adam Kline, cosponsored by Senators Kohl-Welles, McDermott and Fairley (big surprise). The text of the new bill is here: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documen.....s/6396.pdf, and there is some nasty stuff in it for gun owners-- it's even worse than the bill Kline filed in 2005, which was stopped by a massive outpouring of We the People at the hearing. Since it will be heard in Kline's Judiciary Committee it's a cinch to go to said Committee, and since Those People (our elected representatives, riiiight) like to either withhold notice of the hearing till the absolute last minute or hold them when they think no one will be able to come, we must stand ready to flood the Capitol with bodies as soon as we get a hearing date. Read this bill if you want to keep your guns!

swatspyder

imported post

LC wrote:
--was formally filed this morning by Senator Adam Kline, cosponsored by Senators Kohl-Welles, McDermott and Fairley (big surprise). The text of the new bill is here: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documen.....s/6396.pdf, and there is some nasty stuff in it for gun owners-- it's even worse than the bill Kline filed in 2005, which was stopped by a massive outpouring of We the People at the hearing. Since it will be heard in Kline's Judiciary Committee it's a cinch to go to said Committee, and since Those People (our elected representatives, riiiight) like to either withhold notice of the hearing till the absolute last minute or hold them when they think no one will be able to come, we must stand ready to flood the Capitol with bodies as soon as we get a hearing date. Read this bill if you want to keep your guns!
Discussion already on it here:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/36511.html

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I think its good to have a member forum for this discussion to. Dave's thread is good but is there mostly to point to his article.

So anyone have any AR they want to trade me? LOL....I can't afford to buy one. I think Joerocket is right though this will get shot down.

Vandal

imported post

Don't just go shopping, go talk to your reps and senators. That draconian stuff needs to be stopped fast. This not only applies to Washingtonians but anyone who enters the state with a assault weapon.

For those reading this thread, if you haven't read the bill yet, do so. It'll scare the hell out of you.

jarhead1911A

imported post

I have a real issue with those idiot law makers who seem to think that taking guns away from the honest people will keep the guns off the streets period.....

A citizen is a gun owner

A gunless person is a subject......

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

Imoved up here from California to get away from this. This is what to expect, the news media will play up the dead cops, which will coincide with the trail of Monfort and his assault rifle. There is going to be alot of propoganda showing full auto rifles and there will be alot of stories from inside and outside the state. If you can see the video from mayor nickels gun summit your get a taste of whats to come. How to counter this. One, LESS THAN ONE PERCENT OF GUNS USED IN CRIME ARE ASSUALT WEAPONS. Two, THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE KILLED BY SHOTGUNS THAN ALL RIFLES IN THE COUNTRY. Check FBI uniform crime reports for actual numbers. The media played a key role in getting this past in Cally.

killchain

imported post

Well, the first thing I noticed is that a "loaded firearm" requires a "clip." So any of you that own M1 Garands and broom handle Mausers better watch out... those CLIPS are going to get you in trouble. -_-

That's good. Because all of my weapons have MAGAZINES.

In seriousness though, this will NEVER pass.

Expecting all of the citizens to turn over their "assault weapons" to the State to be destroyed? Are you kidding me? Not even the Obamanation would try to pull that.

And I just finished my AR15. NO ONE is taking it. ;)

Just Us

imported post

killchain wrote:
Well, the first thing I noticed is that a "loaded firearm" requires a "clip." So any of you that own M1 Garands and broom handle Mausers better watch out... those CLIPS are going to get you in trouble. -_-

Expecting all of the citizens to turn over their "assault weapons" to the State to be destroyed? Are you kidding me? Not even the Obamanation would try to pull that.

:what:

Many yours ago because ""People Wanted To Do The Right Thing"" they got hundreds of people to turn over their weapons. For What???? Sporting event tickets, I believe baseball. (My memory of perfect details maybe a little off.)

LC

imported post

[align=center]House Bill 2477, a bill that seeks to abolish the private transfer of firearms, even between family and friends, at gun shows.

Simply put, HB2477 would hold law-abiding gun owners liable for the acts of criminals. Under this bill, if a firearm is privately transferred at a gun show to a person who is ineligible, the seller can be held liable for injury or death caused by the criminal use of that firearm.

[/align]

mb419

imported post

I e-mailed my reps. and state senator and all 3 said that they would not support the bill and that they think there is not enough support for any gun ban. All 3 are democrats too, so their opposition kind of surprised me, in a good way. I just hope that I can trust them.

killchain

imported post

Just Us wrote:
killchain wrote:

:what:

Many yours ago because ""People Wanted To Do The Right Thing"" they got hundreds of people to turn over their weapons. For What???? Sporting event tickets, I believe baseball. (My memory of perfect details maybe a little off.)
The only thing I can say about the sporting event tickets is that it was voluntary. This law would essentially force people to do it, or face punishment.

I don't like baseball. Well, I take that back, I like the Mariners. But I wouldn't give up my weapons to go see Ichiro. ;)

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

NEW SECTION. Sec. 2. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW 19 to read as follows: 20 (1) No person in this state shall manufacture, possess, purchase, 21 sell, or otherwise transfer any assault weapon,

Those lying monkeys, they specifically said at the meeting, this would only BAN SALES, they specifically said this would not stop people from owning them!!!! Someone had asked the reps about this! :cuss:

Stretch

imported post

Don't just email, phone them! Make their ears ring with the objections to crap like this. It is all to easy to "oops, I deleted an email..."

Ring, ring, ring.... we don't like you bill....

Stretch