• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A lil visit to the Benton Courthouse

Are dancing banannas cool or what?

• Not cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat cool

• Pretty Cool

• WAY COOL

• Total voters

Capn Camo

imported post

I went -in -to Bent-in (todays rhyme) Court building in Kennewick ( I assume its a shared jurisdiction, its in Kenn but contains the Benton court) to file some papers against REICHland and lo and behold, short version, the attendant at the security checkpoint told me I had to have a PERMIT to OC. Since it was obvious I hadnt been there before and didnt know the procedure, he explained that when I came back (the Dept I had come to see was out to lunch) that I had to use a lock box, and would get a key, and had to show ID and PERMIT.

Illegal, in a word, Him, not me. I reached down and popped the mag out and laid it on the table. I couldnt have done that if it was concealed.

Youd think someone working THAT CLOSE to law would get it right?

Not when its deliberate.

:celebrate Dancing bananna out.

I also noticed the fools put the lock boxes BY THE DOOR. REAL DAMN BRIGHT People, store loaded WEAPONS at the door where one can distract the security guard and another break into a box and come up shooting. Screwdriver thru the door, pop it open while the other coughs or sneezes and voila, instant shooter. There was NO armed and able guard there to stop it.

The attendant was a very nice, older gentleman, probably in his 50s (nothing wrong with that), was helpful, courteous, non judgemental, and NOT ABLE TO STOP AN ATTACKER. It didnt appear that he was armed or physically able enough to stop a couple 20-somethings from pulling off that exact scenario. And if they are slick enough, without him even knowing it happened.

The general idea behind courthouse security is that often the people coming there are either attending someone accused of a crime and are not in a happy mood, or repeat offenders, who knows. They arent always gentile society. If the point is to keep firearms away from (court personnell, "whomever" isnt the point) then isnt this ridiculous, to keep a stash of weapons right at the door for their taking? Not NEAR the door, RIGHT BESIDE, and behind a window.

Here's a thought for you thinkers. Isnt it STUPID to leave a loaded firearm there? What part of RCW prohibits carrying a MAGAZINE into a restricted area? NONE.

2+2, deposit the gun, keep the mag, at least an attacker who get it cant SHOOT YOU WITH YOUR OWN GUN.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

When they told me at Whatcom County courthouse I needed CPL, I just stated I don't have one on me. They hemmed and hahhhed breifly then took my drivers license and let me check it. Now no problems at all.