• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act.

Mjolnir

imported post

Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act HB0028

Sponsored By: Representative(s) Cannady and Davison and Edmonds and Illoway and Miller and Senator(s) Anderson, J. and Bebout and Case and Cooper and Jennings

AN ACT relating to Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act, establishing a Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act; providing definitions; providing that specified firearms that are manufactured, sold, purchased, possessed and used exclusively within Wyoming shall be exempt from federal regulation, including registration requirements; providing exceptions; providing legislative findings and declaration of authority; and providing for an effective date.

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2010/Introduced/HB0028.pdf

Wyocowboy

imported post

We need to get on the website and start contacting our representatives. Too many times people just to gripe and moan. Ok now here is something we can look at as positive and start working towards it's passage. If you don't know who your rep is just go to the website and follow the information to find out. It isn't hard, it doesn't cost anything. It is time to do what we can. Remember, the ballot box, jury box, soap box and if all else fails the ammo box. We don't want to have to go to the ammo box. This is an opportunity to stand with other states and force the Feds to back off and move back to Constitutional gov't.

Mjolnir

imported post

Wyocowboy wrote:
We need to get on the website and start contacting our representatives. Too many times people just to gripe and moan. Ok now here is something we can look at as positive and start working towards it's passage. If you don't know who your rep is just go to the website and follow the information to find out. It isn't hard, it doesn't cost anything. It is time to do what we can. Remember, the ballot box, jury box, soap box and if all else fails the ammo box. We don't want to have to go to the ammo box. This is an opportunity to stand with other states and force the Feds to back off and move back to Constitutional gov't.

Roger that was wondering where AB is and why he has not posted something of this importance?

Mjolnir

imported post

MatieA wrote:
I got curious after you mentioned AB, and went to his website. He hasn't updated it since November.
Who knows what happened to him, was he all talk and a flash in the pan, or did something happen to him so he can not post here & did you not meet him in person??

His last post here was Dec 31st

MatieA

imported post

I noticed that he is still writing articles for the Examiner (latest being 01-03-10), but the other sitesI know of with his name on them have been silent for a while.

AB

imported post

FYI- this bill isn't ground breaking legislation, by comparison Alaska and New Hampshireare much improved.

It is our goal to get the best legislation we can,we arecurrently working on improving Wyoming's bill with our legislators. As soon as I have something I will let you know. So please don't get behind this bill yet.

[font="verdana, helvetica, sans-serif"]The significantdifferencein theAlaska legislationis this:[/font]

[font="verdana, helvetica, sans-serif"](d) The attorney general may defend a citizen of this state whoisprosecuted
19 by the government of the United States under the congressional power to regulate
20 interstate commerce for violation of a federal law concerning the manufacture, sale,
21 transfer, or possession of a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured
22 and retained within this state.[/font]

[font="verdana, helvetica, sans-serif"][url]http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/get_bill_text.asp?hsid=HB0186D&session=26[/font][/url]
[line]
New Hampshire has this bold statement:
Any official, agent, or employee of the government of the United States, or employee of a corporation providing services to the government of the United States that enforces or attempts to enforce a act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the government of the United States upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in New Hampshire and that remains within the State of New Hampshire shall be guilty of a class B felony....

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2010/HB1285.html

MatieA

imported post

AB wrote:
FYI- this bill isn't ground breaking legislation, by comparison Alaska and New Hampshireare much improved.

It is our goal to get the best legislation we can,we arecurrently working on improving Wyoming's bill with our legislators. As soon as I have something I will let you know. So please don't get behind this bill yet.

[font="verdana, helvetica, sans-serif"]The significantdifferencein theAlaska legislationis this:[/font]

[font="verdana, helvetica, sans-serif"](d) The attorney general may defend a citizen of this state whoisprosecuted
19 by the government of the United States under the congressional power to regulate
20 interstate commerce for violation of a federal law concerning the manufacture, sale,
21 transfer, or possession of a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured
22 and retained within this state.[/font]

[font="verdana, helvetica, sans-serif"][url]http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/get_bill_text.asp?hsid=HB0186D&session=26[/font][/url]
[line]
New Hampshire has this bold statement:
Any official, agent, or employee of the government of the United States, or employee of a corporation providing services to the government of the United States that enforces or attempts to enforce a act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the government of the United States upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in New Hampshire and that remains within the State of New Hampshire shall be guilty of a class B felony....

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2010/HB1285.html
I kind of like the way New Hampshire worded that :)

Wyocowboy

imported post

The other states do have better wording than our bill, but let's borrowa linefrom the anti's "This is a good first step" If we can get the wording changed to something along the lines of New Hampshire, great. If we can't then let's go with what we have and remember we did not get into the mess we are in overnight and it may take some time to get to where we need to be. One thing we need to be very watchful of is, not to allow the politicians to water it down any further as they did the Castle Doctrine bill.

Sig229

imported post

As much as I like this bill, even if passed I dont think it would mean much. After all, doesn't Federal Law over power ANY state law?

Either way , if this law passed it would be a nice black eye to the Federal Government.

Damn I miss Wyoming. Its full of TRUE American patriots!

Wyocowboy

imported post

Well, that's pretty much what this bill is all about. We will place the Federal gov't in the District of Criminals on notice that we are invoking the 10th Ammendment. The feds need to be put back in the place they were intended to be, which of course is, subservient to the states. You may want to read Sheriff Mack's book The County Sheriff America last hope. He goes into things a little deeper than I am and helps to explain how we have the power to retake our country. By the way sig 229, why don't you come back home. We may need you before this thing is over.

Sig229

imported post

Wyocowboy wrote:
By the way sig 229, why don't you come back home. We may need you before this thing is over.

I would love to. But when I was there it was VERY hard for me to find a job.
And honestly, the only thing that made me angry about WY was since I am not a native WY'er, it seemed like that was always a strike against me when I went to job interviews.

But, once I finish my degree in a year and a half, I will look for jobs there again.
I am getting a degree n Aviation engineering, and anyone with that degree can get hired pretty much anywhere because they are very sought after.

I guess I just have to earn the opportunity to live in WY. lol

Wyocowboy

imported post

LOL .Yesit is thatway here. It's because of so many coming in and then complaining of how things are done here. I believe you will fit in very well though. You've been through some of our winters and you have the right perspective on firearms. When you come back we'll have to go down to Donna's diner, here in Newcastle,and have a cup of coffee.

sharpshooter79

imported post

Mr. Jaggi's bill seems to be the way to go. The Miller bill doesn't go as far as this one such as providing for penalties for someone who enforces an illegal law in this state. A law needs "teeth" or it's just a piece of paper that will be ignored.