Thread: Free to OC at Walmart

Post imported post

Hey every one I am new to this site but not so new at OC. I have read so much about everyone open carrying at Walmart and things not going so well with some. I OC at wall mart all the time here in Crossville TN. I just called today and spoke with the manager here at this Walmart just to see what they would say on this matter . He told me as long as I have my permit it doesn’t mater how I carry at the store and if I have any problems with a customer or a worker tell them to contact him. He also said if I was asked if I was a permit holders tell them yes and I do not have to show it to them. The manager said he was a permit holder him self and Is big a supporter of are rights.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I've shopped at the WM in Dickson and Holenwald for the last year and a halfand have never had a problem about OC. Occassionally someone might ask me what I'm carrying or what cal, but that's about it. Ran into a Lewis County Deputy one night at the Holenwald store, he didn't say a word.

Post imported post

jeepman31 wrote:
    Hey every one I am new to this site but not so new at OC. I have read so much about everyone open carrying at Walmart and things not going so well with some. I OC at wall mart all the time here in Crossville TN. I just called today and spoke with the manager here at this Walmart just to see what they would say on this matter . He told me as long as I have my permit it doesn’t mater how I carry at the store and if I have any problems with a customer or a worker tell them to contact him. He also said if I was asked if I was a permit holders tell them yes and I do not have to show it to them. The manager said he was a permit holder him self and Is big a supporter of are rights.
    I'm really glad you got the response you did, but it is not generally advised to call a business and ask about carry. This is due to the generally uninformed responces.

As I OC everywhere in Nashville, I can say that I've never been asked to leave anyplace or had cops called on me. I even went to see Avatar after Christmas at Opry Mills while OC (granted the showing was at 9:30am).