• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free to OC at Walmart

jeepman31

imported post

Hey every one I am new to this site but not so new at OC. I have read so much about everyone open carrying at Walmart and things not going so well with some. I OC at wall mart all the time here in Crossville TN. I just called today and spoke with the manager here at this Walmart just to see what they would say on this matter . He told me as long as I have my permit it doesn’t mater how I carry at the store and if I have any problems with a customer or a worker tell them to contact him. He also said if I was asked if I was a permit holders tell them yes and I do not have to show it to them. The manager said he was a permit holder him self and Is big a supporter of are rights.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've shopped at the WM in Dickson and Holenwald for the last year and a halfand have never had a problem about OC. Occassionally someone might ask me what I'm carrying or what cal, but that's about it. Ran into a Lewis County Deputy one night at the Holenwald store, he didn't say a word.

WCrawford

imported post

jeepman31 wrote:
Hey every one I am new to this site but not so new at OC. I have read so much about everyone open carrying at Walmart and things not going so well with some. I OC at wall mart all the time here in Crossville TN. I just called today and spoke with the manager here at this Walmart just to see what they would say on this matter . He told me as long as I have my permit it doesn’t mater how I carry at the store and if I have any problems with a customer or a worker tell them to contact him. He also said if I was asked if I was a permit holders tell them yes and I do not have to show it to them. The manager said he was a permit holder him self and Is big a supporter of are rights.
I'm really glad you got the response you did, but it is not generally advised to call a business and ask about carry. This is due to the generally uninformed responces.

As I OC everywhere in Nashville, I can say that I've never been asked to leave anyplace or had cops called on me. I even went to see Avatar after Christmas at Opry Mills while OC (granted the showing was at 9:30am).