• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AK Quick Draw Holster

choover

imported post

Do you carry that gun like that to anywhere other than OC gatherings? Just trying to picture someone walking down the street with a wooden plank on their leg. Not knocking you, just imagining it :shock:

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Well, I intend to saw it down shorter so you can't see the wood, its pretty damned uncomfortable right now... I'm also going to do some sewing around the edges.

And to answer your question, no, I don't, but I suppose if I ever needed to spend an extended period in inner Detroit I might...

Michigander

imported post

At the end credits you forgot to mention how your girl friend helped with the project. She did such a nice job on the tarp ring thingies. :uhoh:

About what it is used for, we did have a conversation about it, and we both agree that it is for the most part too over the top to be used for any purpose beyond carefully thought out political statements, like for example Warren, or perhaps a well planned long gun meet designed to educatepeople about long gun carry.

It might also be an option for 18-20 year olds who have trouble getting an actual handgun, but want to modify their rifle and carry it as a handgun. Certainly a real handgun would be better, but if that isn't an option, it isn't an option.

One serious problem it has is comfort. It is annoying to wear and move around with. It is extremely fast though, much faster than a traditional sling to deploy. If it could be modified to be less annoying, I think it would make a good rig for general long arm carry in the woods where you can't use your hands the whole time, and want a fast deployment. Although, a 3 point sling might do the same thing, but better, depending on the situation.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

yeah, his name is Shotgun... along with my cats Saiga and Ktulu... lmao
Although I guess he's allowed to be scared, I did throw a screwdriver at him :?

lil_freak_66

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
yeah, his name is Shotgun... along with my cats Saiga and Ktulu... lmao
Although I guess he's allowed to be scared, I did throw a screwdriver at him :?

so its the screwdriver that scared him??????????????????

love how it had nothing to do with you holding a big bad giant evil spewing radioactiveassault weapon of mass destruction that is responsible for gazillions of deaths every year worldwide,dont you know only terrorists use those things?

(i hope you get the hint of sarcasm)