Thread: "No Printing"??

Post imported post

I keep reading about CC-only states where they have more or less strict "no-printing" rules (meaning that your firearm cannot give ANY evidence it is there such as a bulge, etc. ) What if an old lady slips and fallsand you bend to helpher andthe butt of your weapon "prints"? While I do NOT (as yall know) bash LEOs, there are some who just look for an excuse...

Here in Virginia, if I stuff a paddle holster into my waistband and wear a Hay-Waiian shirt over it, and a breeze lifts the @#$%rt and exposes the weapon, all it means is that I am temporarily OCing. Big deal. In Florida I am given to understand that circumstance could land you in very hot water.

Maybe this "no printing" BS is meant to keep gun-totin' males from exhibiting some kinda Miami Vice bravado. But blow-holes whowould goswaggering around with their firearms like the gun makes them King Crap of Poop Mountain only feel that way when they are the only ones going armed. When being armed is nothing "special", this behavior is much less attractive; since they are no different than anybody else then. And of course, they are much less of a threat, and quite a bit more easily neutralized.

The really odd thing is that being worried about a slight bulge in one's clothing can mark a CCer almost as fast as an OCer. Here in Virginia, we don't have to worry about it. Call it "casual carry" ; and that's the way it ought to be, nationwide.

Edit: The boldes censored part read "Shirt"! As in upper-body outer menswear! WTF?

Post imported post

What if an old lady slips and fallsand you bend to helpher andthe butt of your weapon "prints"?
    This is why you shouldn't help old ladies in CC-only states.

Post imported post

In Texas, the shape of the gun has to be visible. A bulge does not qualify.

I have no idea about other states. Either way, be somewhat proficient in carrying your gun and "concealed means concealed".
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    Edit: The boldes censored part read "Shirt"! As in upper-body outer menswear! WTF?
    Perhaps you have an extra letter in there somewhere? :P

Post imported post

Poster above (The Atomic Ass) - do I know you from IRC?

Post imported post

Post imported post

In Oklahoma Concealed Carry Training class is where it is discussed in my state. It is not codified in the SDA handbook. But it is one of the state certified training requirements that is discussed. Right now, Drew Edmundsen is driving the policies and not that hardnosed OKC DA.

That said, as it was explained to me, the printing issue is at the LEO's discretion and if they feel that you are allowing the exposurepurposely or as inbrandishing, then you can be charged with 'illegal' carry which is a codified part of the Oklahoma SDA.

As each state is different, no one should take what I have said in this post as gospel, but also discussed by my instructor was the difference between metro and rural and how the attitudes could impact how we could be treated. Basically, ifit is obvious printing/flashing you can be charged, if it is inadvertant printing/flashing, you probably won't get more than an admonition.

cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Post imported post

I am glad that I don't have to worry about it in NC.:celebrate:celebrate

I say if you are in a CC only state, you make sure you know the laws and it is on your side. If you are in VA or NC, don't worry about it. I OC most of the time, but when I CC just put a loose shirt over an IWB holster. Nobody notices. Most people (including one LEO encounter) will not see it or will assume that it is your cell phone.

Post imported post

With all the high tech toys carry around their waist it is a wonder that anyone could discern the bulge if it was a Blackberry or a grip of a pistol.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

thnycav wrote:
    With all the high tech toys carry around their waist it is a wonder that anyone could discern the bulge if it was a Blackberry or a grip of a pistol.
    Ain't that the truth.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

ocgso wrote:

I am glad that I don't have to worry about it in NC.:celebrate:celebrate

I say if you are in a CC only state, you make sure you know the laws and it is on your side. If you are in VA or NC, don't worry about it. I OC most of the time, but when I CC just put a loose shirt over an IWB holster. Nobody notices. Most people (including one LEO encounter) will not see it or will assume that it is your cell phone.
    Add Wa,ID, UT and a bunch of other states to the no worry list.One moment you can be CCing, the next moment youtakeoff your jacket and be OCingwithout having to worry about it. That is the way it should be everywhere.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

+1 to that.

It is a shame that the idiots that write state laws don't understand that federal law trumps state law.

It is also a crying shame that so many people don't understand the simple phrase "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

Post imported post

It is a shame that the idiots that write state laws don't understand that federal law trumps state law.
    Whoa. Hold on. I take issue with this. Federal law should not trump state law. There are only a small number of powers granted to the federal government, everything else is help by the People and states. 10-to-1 the federal laws on whatever subject is brought up shouldn't even exist.

Post imported post

I apologize, I refer to the constitution and the ammendments that follow it as "federal laws"

I will say that there are certain things that I wish were nationalized (like CCW reciprocity through federal government).

My two cents....

Post imported post

"a breeze lifts the @#$%rt and exposes the weapon, all it means is that I am temporarily OCing."

Same here in North Carolina.

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    thnycav wrote:
    Ain't that the truth.
    Absolutely.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Not a problem here in TN, either.

Post imported post

No problem in Ky either.

Post imported post

Same here in Michigan. We can carry one gun concealed and one gun OC.
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....