Thread: HB 2428: Permitting magistrates to carry concealed handguns without a permit

State Researcher

Post imported post

James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

I find it difficult to believe that anyone would be FOR this bill. It grants special privilege to someone JUST because they hold a certain job. It is unfair and unconstitutional...

I'm sure that anyone who is a Magistrate can afford the fees and take the courses just like any other law-abiding citizen. I mean, REALLY, let's be realistic here. If someone isn't capable of passing the required safety courses, then they probably shouldn't be carrying a gun, let alone practicing Law...

Who proposed this bill, some Magistrate who has a previous conviction that would otherwise exclude him from obtaining a permit?

This bill is an appalling example of the "system of privilege" that our "judicial" system has become, and I would think that any WV resident with even a TINY bit of a sense of fairness would be against it...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    I find it difficult to believe that anyone would be FOR this bill. It grants special privilege to someone JUST because they hold a certain job. It is unfair and unconstitutional...

I'm sure that anyone who is a Magistrate can afford the fees and take the courses just like any other law-abiding citizen. I mean, REALLY, let's be realistic here. If someone isn't capable of passing the required safety courses, then they probably shouldn't be carrying a gun, let alone practicing Law...

Who proposed this bill, some Magistrate who has a previous conviction that would otherwise exclude him from obtaining a permit?

This bill is an appalling example of the "system of privilege" that our "judicial" system has become, and I would think that any WV resident with even a TINY bit of a sense of fairness would be against it...
    What also got me were the other two:

HB 2075Allow family court judges to carry concealed weapons without a license
    This bill grants family court judges the same privilege as the law already grants to circuit court judges.

HB 2298Allow mental hygiene commissioners to carry concealed weapons without a license
    Authorizes mental hygiene commissioners to carry concealed weapons without a license.

I agree.......this is not fair!!

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!:X

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!