• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 2428: Permitting magistrates to carry concealed handguns without a permit

Dreamer

imported post

I find it difficult to believe that anyone would be FOR this bill. It grants special privilege to someone JUST because they hold a certain job. It is unfair and unconstitutional...

I'm sure that anyone who is a Magistrate can afford the fees and take the courses just like any other law-abiding citizen. I mean, REALLY, let's be realistic here. If someone isn't capable of passing the required safety courses, then they probably shouldn't be carrying a gun, let alone practicing Law... ;)

Who proposed this bill, some Magistrate who has a previous conviction that would otherwise exclude him from obtaining a permit?

This bill is an appalling example of the "system of privilege" that our "judicial" system has become, and I would think that any WV resident with even a TINY bit of a sense of fairness would be against it...

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
I find it difficult to believe that anyone would be FOR this bill. It grants special privilege to someone JUST because they hold a certain job. It is unfair and unconstitutional...

I'm sure that anyone who is a Magistrate can afford the fees and take the courses just like any other law-abiding citizen. I mean, REALLY, let's be realistic here. If someone isn't capable of passing the required safety courses, then they probably shouldn't be carrying a gun, let alone practicing Law... ;)

Who proposed this bill, some Magistrate who has a previous conviction that would otherwise exclude him from obtaining a permit?

This bill is an appalling example of the "system of privilege" that our "judicial" system has become, and I would think that any WV resident with even a TINY bit of a sense of fairness would be against it...

What also got me were the other two:

HB 2075Allow family court judges to carry concealed weapons without a license
This bill grants family court judges the same privilege as the law already grants to circuit court judges.

HB 2298Allow mental hygiene commissioners to carry concealed weapons without a license
Authorizes mental hygiene commissioners to carry concealed weapons without a license.

I agree.......this is not fair!!:cuss:

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!:X