• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 501: Concealed handgun permits; disqualifying convictions

t33j

imported post

You have alcohol problems (nonviolent crime) so we're going to further restrict your right to defend yourself. Oh but you can still carry openly. WTF??

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

t33j wrote:
You have alcohol problems (nonviolent crime) so we're going to further restrict your right to defend yourself. Oh but you can still carry openly. WTF??
I got no problems with that one at all.

Rednecks rulebook, page 2.
alcohol and gunpowder don't mix

Someone wants to kick up their heels, fine by me...but they can wait the 3 years out, then get their CHP.

t33j

imported post

peter nap wrote:

[/quote]
Oh I don't dispute that. It just seems like this is punishment for a crime that is not necessarily related.

It would seem to make more sense to make it illegal to carry while intoxicated. It's not like you can be drunk all day... or maybe you can :?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

t33j wrote:
peter nap wrote:

Oh I don't dispute that. It just seems like this is punishment for a crime that is not necessarily related.

It's not like you can be drunk all day... or maybe you can :?

You've never been on the Ski Patrol, have you:lol::lol::lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

t33j wrote:
'fraid not. Do I want to know?
Only that in a young adult, drunk all day and night, for weeks at a time...is entirely possible.
I used to get people down the slopes that had to ski because they couldn't walk.

paramedic70002

imported post

I'm torn on this one. On one hand drunk driving has nothing to do with concealed carry. On the other hand, drunk driving speaks volumes about your ability to make bad decisions and remain in control of your faculties.

t33j

imported post

I've decided I'm against it. First, because this would place yet another requirement in the way of obtaining a permit for something we shouldn't need a permit to practice. Second and less importantly my view above.

Glock27Bill

imported post

My issue with is is the ridiculously low .08 BAC level to get a DUI conviction.

Don't forget that drunk driving does not necessarily mean weaving all over the road while blind slobbering drunk, it also means having a drink or two then getting caught in a checkpoint.

I don't drink, and this issue really frosts me.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Rednecks rulebook, page 2. alcohol and gunpowder don't mix
Of course, carbon and/or sulfur are not very soluble in alcohol and extremely insoluble in water. I want to know how a Redneck would know this?