Thread: Just joined and have a question

Post imported post

All the discussions I go to seem to be out of order in the date they were posted. Is there a setting that I'm not seeing that can change the order. I see on the main forum page you can sort topic by clicking on the headers but not in the individual discussions.

Post imported post

Welcome to our party, hope you are able to enjoy your 2A rights with us.

As for your question, I just viewed several posts and did not find any out of order as you described. If you have an example it may help.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Post imported post

This is the one I first noticed it on but most of them seem to be out of order for me.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum43/26137.html

Post imported post

Howie wrote:
    This is the one I first noticed it on but most of them seem to be out of order for me.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum43/26137.html
    i checked it.... 1st post is early 2009...last post on page 8 is today
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

I guess it may just be your computer. The thread you listed are all in oder to me.

First I heard of this issue

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

There are two dates one is the date membes joined the other in the thread is date of post. I have had to double take a few times when I first joined too.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Howie wrote:
    All the discussions I go to seem to be out of order in the date they were posted. Is there a setting that I'm not seeing that can change the order. I see on the main forum page you can sort topic by clicking on the headers but not in the individual discussions.
    Two separate issues possible here.

1) You must be "logged on" to see posting times correctly - don't know why that is, but is the case.

2) The site is battling a DoS (Denial of Service) attack - that has screwed up the posting order on a few postings, but they generally straighten out.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Also, news posts in a discussion bumps it to the top of the queue. Hence why you may see some people literally post "bump" to keep a thread near the top.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The only "out of order" posts I've ever noticed were when daylight savings time ended. It was really uncanny seeing the "reply" posted before the "question."

Well, I have to take back that first statement. Many of Grapeshot's posts are"out of order." :P
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

Post imported post

howdy howie, welcome. could you list your location plz?

Post imported post

Well it must be the DOS problem then. I have tried it on my work computer and my home computer with the same results. I will log onto my Chicago computer and see if I get it there. I'm in Newark Oh.

Post imported post

Ok give me the dumb a## award! For some reason I was looking at the side bar where it gives the joined date and I was thinking it was the post date. I need to go back to school and finish learning how to read. lol Thanks for all your reply's.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    The only "out of order" posts I've ever noticed were when daylight savings time ended. It was really uncanny seeing the "reply" posted before the "question."

Well, I have to take back that first statement. Many of Grapeshot's posts are"out of order." :P
    Perception, Mr. Watson, or the lack of it by the viewer :P

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Well I do have a reason. The other forum I go to has it on the side like that. So I have a little bit of an excuse. lol

Post imported post

:celebrate:celebrate

Nope, no excuses allowed, own up and say your mea culpas and we all move on There is so much more to debate, discuss, and argue about.

Doesn't mean we don't all suffer from myopia from time to time ... there's been knee-jerk reactions, out right name calling, topics that wander off and on topic, a cold beer or three fingers of something smokey, general outrage, and nose-to-tail Amen's and Way-to-go's ...

Every one has an opinion and we all give some lattitude, but citations and supporting documentation areinsistedupon (OK, demanded ) ... information and data mining is a side benefit of membership, but the best benefit is the camraderie of folks that generally agree with you on a majority of issues, but tastes will vary wildly.

edited to add more funnies
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!