• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just joined and have a question

Howie

imported post

All the discussions I go to seem to be out of order in the date they were posted. Is there a setting that I'm not seeing that can change the order. I see on the main forum page you can sort topic by clicking on the headers but not in the individual discussions.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Welcome to our party, hope you are able to enjoy your 2A rights with us.

As for your question, I just viewed several posts and did not find any out of order as you described. If you have an example it may help.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

There are two dates one is the date membes joined the other in the thread is date of post. I have had to double take a few times when I first joined too.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Howie wrote:
All the discussions I go to seem to be out of order in the date they were posted. Is there a setting that I'm not seeing that can change the order. I see on the main forum page you can sort topic by clicking on the headers but not in the individual discussions.
Two separate issues possible here.

1) You must be "logged on" to see posting times correctly - don't know why that is, but is the case.

2) The site is battling a DoS (Denial of Service) attack - that has screwed up the posting order on a few postings, but they generally straighten out.

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The only "out of order" posts I've ever noticed were when daylight savings time ended. It was really uncanny seeing the "reply" posted before the "question."

Well, I have to take back that first statement. Many of Grapeshot's posts are"out of order." :):p

Howie

imported post

Well it must be the DOS problem then. I have tried it on my work computer and my home computer with the same results. I will log onto my Chicago computer and see if I get it there. I'm in Newark Oh.

Howie

imported post

Ok give me the dumb a## award! For some reason I was looking at the side bar where it gives the joined date and I was thinking it was the post date. I need to go back to school and finish learning how to read. lol Thanks for all your reply's.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
The only "out of order" posts I've ever noticed were when daylight savings time ended. It was really uncanny seeing the "reply" posted before the "question."

Well, I have to take back that first statement. Many of Grapeshot's posts are"out of order." :):p
Perception, Mr. Watson, or the lack of it by the viewer :p:)

Yata hey

Howie

imported post

Well I do have a reason. The other forum I go to has it on the side like that. So I have a little bit of an excuse. lol

okboomer

imported post

:celebrate:celebrate

Nope, no excuses allowed, own up and say your mea culpas and we all move on :lol:There is so much more to debate, discuss, and argue about.

Doesn't mean we don't all suffer from myopia from time to time ... there's been knee-jerk reactions, out right name calling, topics that wander off and on topic, a cold beer or three fingers of something smokey, general outrage, and nose-to-tail Amen's and Way-to-go's ...

Every one has an opinion and we all give some lattitude, but citations and supporting documentation areinsistedupon (OK, demanded :D ) ... information and data mining is a side benefit of membership, but the best benefit is the camraderie of folks that generally agree with you on a majority of issues, but tastes will vary wildly.

edited to add more funnies