• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rally for Michigan's Future!

mikestilly

imported post

On Saturday, February 6 the fight to change Michigan officially kicks into high gear as we kick off the Cox campaign and Rally for Michigan's Future. And you're invited!

We all want a Michigan where our friends and family members can find a job. We all want a Michigan where our kids can graduate from one of our fantastic colleges or universities and are able to find work and stay.

Mike Cox has a comprehensive plan to put Michigan back to work and the experience to get it done. But we need you to stand with us.

In less than a month, on Saturday, February 6, 2010 we are going to stand together to fight for change! The Cox official campaign kick-off rally will be held on the campus of Lawrence Tech University in Southfield, Michigan. (21000 West Ten Mile Road, Southfield, Michigan) Doors for this exciting event will open at 10:00 A.M.

Bring your family, friends and children as we FIGHT to turn Michigan around. There will be plenty of food, music and fun. Join us and help turn anger into action, frustration into purpose, and despair into hope. Join the fight for Michigan's future. GET YOUR TICKETS NOW! For more informaton, please visit Mike's website, www.mikecox2010.com or contact our campaign office at 734-525-5035. You may also email rally@mikecox2010.com.

This is a free event, get your tickets today!

My whole family is going to be there (not all Republicans might I add) and I would like to see as many gun rights people out there as possible. It's free it's going to be a lot of fun with music, food, and a good chance to learn more about Mike Cox.

lil_freak_66

imported post

sorry,previous plans with my trailvoy group for a meet in brighton...

but if that falls through then ill be a maybe

SpringerXDacp

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
dougwg wrote:

CEZ for concealed carry or people who OC without a CPL. With a CPL OC would be legal IMO.
Mike, I don't think it's a CEZ for CPL holders who CC.

The prohibition under Section 5o pertains to schools K-12, andthe dorms and classrooms of colleges/universities.

There are three universities in Michigan that can enforce their firearm prohibitions (ordinances)and they are UofM, WSU and MSU. And, if I remember correctly, MSU repealed their firearm possession ordinancewhile traveling through or parking on the property.

mikestilly

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
dougwg wrote:

CEZ for concealed carry or people who OC without a CPL. With a CPL OC would be legal IMO.

The prohibition under Section 5o pertains to schools K-12, and the dorms and classrooms of colleges/universities.

There are three universities in Michigan that can enforce their firearm prohibitions (ordinances) and they are UofM, WSU and MSU.  And, if I remember correctly, MSU repealed their firearm possession ordinance while traveling through or parking on the property.

Sec 5o is correct as you stated it. The fuzziness for me is with campus ordinence but now thinking about it Lawrence Tech is a private college so that shoulndt matter. I'd say CPL holders would only be subject to private property rights & thats it. Right?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
dougwg wrote:

The prohibition under Section 5o pertains to schools K-12, andthe dorms and classrooms of colleges/universities.

There are three universities in Michigan that can enforce their firearm prohibitions (ordinances)and they are UofM, WSU and MSU. And, if I remember correctly, MSU repealed their firearm possession ordinancewhile traveling through or parking on the property.

Sec 5o is correct as you stated it. The fuzziness for me is with campus ordinence but now thinking about it Lawrence Tech is a private college so that shoulndt matter. I'd say CPL holders would only be subject to private property rights & thats it. Right?
Correct. For non-students they can ask you to leave, but at that point, you have not violated any Michigan firearm laws. For students and faculty, they can face expulsion or termination, respectively.

mikestilly

imported post

springerdave wrote:
If AG Cox was to speak in an auditorium, and that auditorium was used as a "classroom", wouldn't that classroom be a CEZ?springerdave.

If the auditorium was in a school yes for concealed carry would be a CEZ. Or if it were in an entertainment facility with a seating capacity of 2500+. There is no "classroom" restriction.

mikestilly

imported post

There is no prohibition on campus carry unless your a student in which most schools have regulations prohibiting students from carrying. The school provision in the CEZ's are K-12. So I'll say it again. It doesnt matter if it's a classroom or not. My previous post pretty much said the same thing.