• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HOT OF THE PRESS San Diego Sheriff's motion to dismiss denied

Edward Peruta

imported post

The Sheriff's motion to dismiss my Federal Lawsuit over my CCW application has been "DENIED IN ITS ENTIRETY".

You can read the facts and see the documents at:

http://ctgunrights.com/00.Webpages/CA.motion.to.Dismiss.htm

The eighteen page decsion of the judge will be posted soon.

Case Name: Peruta v. County of San Diego et al
Case Number: 3:09-cv-02371-IEG-BLM
Filer:
Document Number: 7
Docket Text:
ORDER denying Defendant William D. Gore's [3] Motion to Dismiss. Because Pla's
Complaint alleges sufficient facts to state claims for relief that are plausible on
their face, Dft's Motion to Dismiss is denied in its entirety. Signed by Judge Irma
E. Gonzalez on 1/14/2010. (jah)

Gundude

imported post

Do you suppose there will be a change in the issue process forCCW permits in SD county.

Get your ITB holsters now. There may be a shortage soon.

chewy352

imported post

Way to go Ed. When do you go to court? Hurry up before I get a job because I really want to be there and Laugh the whole way out of the court room on the way to apply for my CCW.

Rusty

imported post

Wow, that PDF is really great. I cant wait to see what happens next.

I was especially interested in the scrutiny levels that were applied, makes me think some things are really going to have to change after McDonald.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Edward Peruta

Continue forth, stir your strategy, and bring into the light that which is right and true. You are a powerful man for you have knowledge, good, and courage. They are held with in your hands, they are the ground on which you step, they are the support on your shoulders, the watchful eyes behind your back, and the guard of your forward.

Thank you for your work.

oc4ever

imported post

ED, I imagine that they will issue you a CCW to forgo further waste of taxpayers money and embarrassment. It is not like your some prohibited person. They will end up paying both party's legal bills if this goes to trial, and the case would forever change California police agencies ability to randomly deny law obeying citizens CCWS, as they do now. Issuing you a CCW,and making this case go away, will still maintain somewhat there ability to do business-as-usual. The judge has made it clear, SD County is in a poor legal position, and they are going to get "hammered". Congratulations to you and your attorney!! Even a Federal motion to dismiss by a Senior Federal Judge helps everyone simillary situated out.

Edward Peruta

imported post

It's getting late in the day and I'm gonna be shutting down so let me leave you with this thought.

I would never have brought this suit had they San Diego Sheriff's Department recognized my resident status. This whole situation started because public employees DO NOT KNOW HOW TO READ OR APPLY THE LAW.

It was the arrogance of several public employees that caused this suit, and I have no intention of walking away with a CCW and leave the incompetent public employees in place so they canharass and belittle others without consequence. Nobody should be treated the way I was by the staff of the San Diego Sheriff's Department.

Iwanted and want a CCW to protect myself and my family from thugs on the street and ended up having to file a law suit to fight the thugs in the San Diego Sheriff's Department.

Iintend to immediately register to vote in San Diego County and will seek out the best qualified honest concerned candidate for the upcomming election for Sheriff.

I will then make it a point to lend my support and cast my ballot.

NightOwl

imported post

Ed, I'm always eager to hear updates regarding your case. Sounds like the the judge (Irma Gonzalez) is in no mood to deal with the nonsense that sheriff is trying to pull.It's niceto see some good sense on the bench, it seems so rare these days...

oc4ever wrote:
ED, I imagine that they will issue you a CCW to forgo further waste of taxpayers money and embarrassment.
Since when was California concerned about wasting taxpayer money? Seriously.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Edward Peruta wrote:
It was the arrogance of several public employees that caused this suit, and I have no intention of walking away with a CCW and leave the incompetent public employees in place so they canharass and belittle others without consequence. Nobody should be treated the way I was by the staff of the San Diego Sheriff's Department.
Might want to check with your lawyer. I seem to remember asking on CGN about DC mooting Heller: Part Deux, and being told that plaintiff attorneys fees up to that point can be ordered repaid.