Thread: Buying a New or Used Gun?

Post imported post

I am new to the MOC forum, so hello to everybody! I just recieved my CPL last week Thursday, so I am already to go for carrying a gun on me at all times. The only problem that I have is buying a new gun or a used gun. I wanted to get your opinions on how you feel with a new gun or a used gun. I have my mind set on the Glock 22 because that is what I have had before. I will probably be purchasing it from Gander Mountain, they seem to be the cheapest around town, unless you know of another place ($519 new/$419 used).I would just soon buy the used one to save a hundred dollars but I dont want to be stuck down the road wether it is broke or fighting a warranty issue or etc.... So tell me what you think!

Post imported post

First of all, welcome to the forum! I hope you stick around and become a regular poster and OCer.

I have a GLOCK 22 and I love it. GLOCKs are very sturdy and reliable, so as long as it's in good condition you should have no problems with it being used. Just make sure to field strip it and take a look at the condition before you buy. As for the GLOCK warranty, they will fix pretty much anything whether you're the first owner or the 20th. I've heard many good things about the company in those respects.

Welcome!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO

You can get a new G22RTF with a holster from Bud's Gun Shop for $474.00 delivered.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id=411537263

Post imported post

Welcome!

I prefer used. It let's me know the gun has already stood the tests of ownership.

Personally, I am not a fan of most modern polymer gun. Plastics continually degrade over their lifetimes, more so with exposure to petrochemicals. They will never be collectibles (Pre-86' full auto or other rare models/prototypes excluded), and the Glock factory puts about as much craftsmanship into their guns as Hipoint does.

For those reasons, I am a 1911 fan. All metal construction, durable, and has a military service history of 1911 - Present.

Just make sure whatever choice you make, that YOU like it.

-Richard-

Post imported post

I carry a CZ 82 at times... Got it used for 179.00 and spent around 45.00 on new stocks... she is chamberd in 9x18 mak

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."