Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Wells Fargo Problem

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    I went into Wells Fargo today where I have OC almost everyday for a few months now. The tellers know and I explained them why I do it and that it is legal. I have never had any problems actually encouragement from the bank staff.

    Today on the other hand the story was different. I went in as I normally do, walked up to the teller and she looked at my waist as i reached for my wallet and saw my gun. I know she has seen it before but has never made a comment for or against it.
    She immediately said "Do you carry that in here all the time?"
    I said "yes"
    She said "We cant have you bring that in here anymore"
    I Said " Why Not?"
    She said "It is against the law"
    I informed her that no it was not and that state law said It is legal
    She said "that it was a policy too"

    Now I was annoyed and dropped it at that but I was wondering if anyone had ran into a problem at Wells Fargo Before and knew if there was a policy in place or not. Also I am a little fuzzy on the rules and requirements for having to have signs posted saying no guns allowed. If a bank or private business wants to not allow guns, dont they have to have signs saying "no guns allowed"?


    P.S. this was in Idaho Falls

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604

    Post imported post

    Gizmoe142 wrote:
    I went into Wells Fargo today where I have OC almost everyday for a few months now. The tellers know and I explained them why I do it and that it is legal. I have never had any problems actually encouragement from the bank staff.

    Today on the other hand the story was different. I went in as I normally do, walked up to the teller and she looked at my waist as i reached for my wallet and saw my gun. I know she has seen it before but has never made a comment for or against it.
    She immediately said "Do you carry that in here all the time?"
    I said "yes"
    She said "We cant have you bring that in here anymore"
    I Said " Why Not?"
    She said "It is against the law"
    I informed her that no it was not and that state law said It is legal
    She said "that it was a policy too"

    Now I was annoyed and dropped it at that but I was wondering if anyone had ran into a problem at Wells Fargo Before and knew if there was a policy in place or not. Also I am a little fuzzy on the rules and requirements for having to have signs posted saying no guns allowed. If a bank or private business wants to not allow guns, dont they have to have signs saying "no guns allowed"?


    P.S. this was in Idaho Falls
    Would strongly suggest having a meeting with the branch manager - might not even need to go further after that. Likely just a poorly informed teller.

    Wells Fargo has had a history if of not being pro, at least being neutral and following state law.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lewiston, ID - Charlotte,NC, ,
    Posts
    79

    Post imported post

    I have been carrying in Wells Fargo for the last few years without any problems. I am going to guess that grapeshot is right and probably just a uninformed teller I would think if there was a policy against it I would have heard of it. I have a friend that is a teller and she never mentioned anything to me.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,040

    Post imported post

    I have carried into both of the branches in Meridian, one up to the north, south of Chinden and west of Eagle and he one in Eagle near the Albertsons and McD's without any problems. I wa sin the one at Cherry and Main in Meridian yesterday but this time of year I have my coat on over my holster.

    Never a problem even when I meet with a private banker for paperwork like notarizations, account opening and such.



  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    Ya kind of what I thought. I know she has seen my gun before and never said anything. I think what it is, is that she got put in a manager position or something with a little more power and has decided to exercise it. I am going to go back and if their is still a problem I am just going to close my account and be done with them. Losing my business will not be good for that branch, because of the amount of transactions I do and all the business I send their way.
    O well sucks for them.

    But what about my question?
    If a business or Bank or something wants to not allow guns dont they have to have posted signs?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,040

    Post imported post

    Nope, they just have to express that they don't want your business. Property rights.

    As long as you leave promptly and quietly, no problems.

    As you say, take your business elsewhere if it really bothers you or seek clarification from management that this is, in fact, their policy.





  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    16

    Post imported post

    Even if they have a sign posted they can not get you on any gun related charges, only trespassing if you don't leave. Also, if you do have more problems and the management won't fix it, make sure you show them how much business they are losing when you close your account, and be very specific as to why they lost your account.

  8. #8
    Regular Member ssfry99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    16

    Post imported post

    that location was also robbed just a week or two ago so they are most likely a little more observant.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    ssfry99 wrote:
    that location was also robbed just a week or two ago so they are most likely a little more observant.
    Not the one on Shoup Ave, It was the one on Broadway 3 or 4 weeks ago. It was the Shoup Location I was at

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    Update

    after two weeks of being given the ring around by the tellers and manager. I finally pinned her down and asked the manager what the deal was with guns in the bank. At first she backed the teller who had said it wasnt allowed.
    I brought up the fact that Wells Fargo usually follows the state law on the matter and that in Idaho as long as the firearm is in plain sight i could carry it legaly. I asked if there was someone higher up she could talk too. She called another branch in IF and asked them and when they didnt have the answer I had her call corprate.
    Corprate then proceeded to tell her that she was wrong and that while they prefered that I refrain from bringing my gun to the bank that they would not stop me.
    She appologized for the problem and said she would inform the rest of the tellers that it was not a problem and not to bring it up again.

    Oh and the Manager did back up what I thought that the teller had just been trying to exersice some power too. Anyway so I guess I can keep doing business there.



  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boise, ID, ,
    Posts
    34

    Post imported post

    Very good! Thanks for pushing to to conclusion!





  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Moscow, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    90

    Post imported post

    Awesome job. Score 1 for OC.

    BTW, even if they ask you to leave they would have to ask you to leave again on any returning trips (unless they put a restraining order against you).

    JK

  13. #13
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604

    Post imported post

    kimberfella616 wrote:
    Awesome job. Score 1 for OC.

    BTW, even if they ask you to leave they would have to ask you to leave again on any returning trips (unless they put a restraining order against you).

    JK
    Caution to other readers - depends on the state.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Moscow, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    90

    Post imported post

    VERY TRUE, that comment is meant for Idaho only.

    KF

  15. #15
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    Would strongly suggest having a meeting with the branch manager - might not even need to go further after that. Likely just a poorly informed teller.

    Wells Fargo has had a history if of not being pro, at least being neutral and following state law.

    Yata hey
    Well, maybe it would be better to levae the issue alone lest they invent a policy.

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Would strongly suggest having a meeting with the branch manager - might not even need to go further after that. Likely just a poorly informed teller.

    Wells Fargo has had a history if of not being pro, at least being neutral and following state law.

    Yata hey
    Well, maybe it would be better to levae the issue alone lest they invent a policy.
    They have a policy Mike and have even gone so far as to say that when the Wachovia signs come down to be replaced with Wells Fargo signs the No Guns signs will be all gone.

    In fact, many in the Richmond area have been down for some time now. To my knowledge the only ones still left are those that are stamped into the metal on the doors.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post

    or you all could give your money to me, so you wouldn't have a reason to go to the bank....................doesn't the government already do that?

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Moscow, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    90

    Post imported post

    Yes in one of the best Ponzi schemes ever.

    KF

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,040

    Post imported post

    The day Wells-Fargo tells meI am not welcome in their location when wearing a firearm will be the day they lose my business. Each of you shouldbe the same way too.

    I really cannot believe there was a comment on this board, of all places, that we should avoid questioning their policy lest they invent one. I expect that sort of thing over at USACarry from the CC-only group, but here it is what we supposedly were standing up foras citizens.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Moscow, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    90

    Post imported post

    +1

    with another +1

    KF

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Caldwell, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    418

    Post imported post

    ed i want you to come to my wells fargo and carry and see how it goes....assuming they notice it....

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,040

    Post imported post

    Visited John's Wells-Fargo today without any problems.

    Open-carried a S&W MP-40 in a kydex, full-retholster. Went in, stoped at the central counter to endorse a check, stood in the teller line, went to the teller, deposited a check with some cash back, went to middle of the lobbby and stood there reading the funnies for about 4-5 minutes waiting on a personal banker. After a few minutes one of the tellers called over to ask if I needed anything and I replied, "just waiting for a personal banker, no problem." When the woman came back to her cubicle we discussed some ATM charges on my statement for a few minutes, then I left.

    No Problems.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boise, ID, ,
    Posts
    34

    Post imported post

    Excellent!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •