Thread: Open carry saves my food :-)

Post imported post

I was at Carl Jr the two nights ago, waiting for my wife's to-go order, so I could bring her home some food. I was with my cousin just standing back waiting. The place was pretty much empty, other than 3 teen guys who didn't seem like trouble makers, but deffinately were no angels. They were being loud and a bit obnoxious. ( you know the drill, homey this, homey that, pants falling et al...)

When my order was ready and it was placed on the counter, one of the boys grabs my bag and starts to unravel it. Before I could even say anything, he notices my m&p on my hip, freezes, and says," uh...... Here you go......... I work here".

I thank him grab the bag and leave. As I'm leaving, however, I hear one of the girls that did work there say," you work where?"

The last thing I want is for people to be affraid of me because I carry a pistol, but in this case it was just a little bit funny.

Any thoughts?
    If ever you find yourself in a situation where you can't be safe, be violent!

Post imported post

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Another example of a gun stopping a potential crime before it occurred.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Sounds to me like his fallen down pants needed to be changed afterwards.......lol Another Good Outcome for The Good Guys.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Do I see another OCDO abbreviation/code word in the making here?

GOGG = Good Outcome for the Good Guy.

Which might lead us to BOBG = Bad Outcome for the Bad Guy.

Or even more simply GO or BO = good or bad outcome.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Another example of a gun stopping a potential crime before it occurred.

******************** Yata hey
    I really doubt he was going to commit a crime by stealing my food. I think he was just trying to show off to his buddies. Talk about fail though.....

Post imported post

This was in Yuma? Oh my.... how times have changed. 'Was a time such would get a back-hand slap across the mouth... 'n maybe an arm broke. Was a time when such wouldn't have happened at all actually... when people knew how to behave.

Post imported post

NY2AZ wrote:
    The last thing I want is for people to be affraid of me because I carry a pistol, but in this case it was just a little bit funny.

Any thoughts?
    Clint Eastwood's character Dirty Harry said "there's nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot". And it's true, I think. But I'd rather just scare the right people, and make sure everyone else knows I'm on their side.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

You'll notice that the old saying is still true..."An armed society is a POLITE society."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Before you left, you should have told him to pull his damned pants up, just to see if he would comply.

I'm like Sonora Bebel on this. Back when I was a teen, you just knew not to behave like this. Bad things would happen to youif you did.

Not saying that we were angels or anything of the like, but we did know the limits.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    Before you left, you should have told him to pull his damned pants up, just to see if he would comply.

I'm like Sonora Bebel on this. Back when I was a teen, you just knew not to behave like this. Bad things would happen to you*if you did.

Not saying that we were angels or anything of the like, but we did know the limits.
    It was less than a decade ago that I was in my teens, and I was never like that. Unfortunately as time progresses it seems as though parents, as well as schools, are putting these young people out into the world that lack basic forms of etiquette. It's unfortunate.

On another note. I find it funny that when I was in my teens, the thing was to wear pants a few sizes too big and have them sitting below one's a**. Now it seems as though the things to do is wear pants so tight they look painted on, sitting below one's a**. What the heck?!?!?!