• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry saves my food :-)

NY2AZ

imported post

I was at Carl Jr the two nights ago, waiting for my wife's to-go order, so I could bring her home some food. I was with my cousin just standing back waiting. The place was pretty much empty, other than 3 teen guys who didn't seem like trouble makers, but deffinately were no angels. They were being loud and a bit obnoxious. ( you know the drill, homey this, homey that, pants falling et al...)

When my order was ready and it was placed on the counter, one of the boys grabs my bag and starts to unravel it. Before I could even say anything, he notices my m&p on my hip, freezes, and says," uh...... Here you go......... I work here".

I thank him grab the bag and leave. As I'm leaving, however, I hear one of the girls that did work there say," you work where?"

The last thing I want is for people to be affraid of me because I carry a pistol, but in this case it was just a little bit funny.:lol:

Any thoughts?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Another example of a gun stopping a potential crime before it occurred. :D

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Do I see another OCDO abbreviation/code word in the making here?

GOGG = Good Outcome for the Good Guy.

Which might lead us to BOBG = Bad Outcome for the Bad Guy.

Or even more simply GO or BO = good or bad outcome.

Yata hey

NY2AZ

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Another example of a gun stopping a potential crime before it occurred. :D

Yata hey
I really doubt he was going to commit a crime by stealing my food. I think he was just trying to show off to his buddies. Talk about fail though.....

Sonora Rebel

imported post

This was in Yuma? Oh my.... how times have changed. 'Was a time such would get a back-hand slap across the mouth... 'n maybe an arm broke. Was a time when such wouldn't have happened at all actually... when people knew how to behave.

Michigander

imported post

NY2AZ wrote:
The last thing I want is for people to be affraid of me because I carry a pistol, but in this case it was just a little bit funny.:lol:

Any thoughts?
Clint Eastwood's character Dirty Harry said "there's nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot". And it's true, I think. But I'd rather just scare the right people, and make sure everyone else knows I'm on their side.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Before you left, you should have told him to pull his damned pants up, just to see if he would comply.

I'm like Sonora Bebel on this. Back when I was a teen, you just knew not to behave like this. Bad things would happen to youif you did.

Not saying that we were angels or anything of the like, but we did know the limits.

NY2AZ

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Before you left, you should have told him to pull his damned pants up, just to see if he would comply.

I'm like Sonora Bebel on this. Back when I was a teen, you just knew not to behave like this. Bad things would happen to you if you did.

Not saying that we were angels or anything of the like, but we did know the limits.

It was less than a decade ago that I was in my teens, and I was never like that. Unfortunately as time progresses it seems as though parents, as well as schools, are putting these young people out into the world that lack basic forms of etiquette. It's unfortunate.

On another note. I find it funny that when I was in my teens, the thing was to wear pants a few sizes too big and have them sitting below one's a**. Now it seems as though the things to do is wear pants so tight they look painted on, sitting below one's a**. What the heck?!?!?!:banghead: