• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thinking of moving to Idaho

Vandal

imported post

Making that long trip across the state line eh? Most of Idaho is firearms friendly, if you are super concerned about OC then I have found North Idaho to be the best. I grew up in Boise and don't OC there much due to the public's tendency to freak out, if they actually notice you are packing. Our gun laws a much simpler than WA's and OC was upheld by State v. Brickley in 1903 so there is established case law on our side.

Here is a link to our major gun laws, most all refer to CC.
http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/18033KTOC.html

Before you move make sure you have a job lined up as the recession wasn't kind to Idaho. it hit us late but still hurt, especially in the metro areas.

fetch

imported post

Interesting, when we talked last summer you wanted to help out in Spokane. Now you want to run away. Oh well.

bennie1986

imported post

Vandal wrote:
Making that long trip across the state line eh? Most of Idaho is firearms friendly, if you are super concerned about OC then I have found North Idaho to be the best. I grew up in Boise and don't OC there much due to the public's tendency to freak out, if they actually notice you are packing. Our gun laws a much simpler than WA's and OC was upheld by State v. Brickley in 1903 so there is established case law on our side.

Here is a link to our major gun laws, most all refer to CC.
http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/18033KTOC.html

Before you move make sure you have a job lined up as the recession wasn't kind to Idaho. it hit us late but still hurt, especially in the metro areas.
Thanks for the info about the jobs as that would be a main concern.

bennie1986

imported post

fetch wrote:
Interesting, when we talked last summer you wanted to help out in Spokane. Now you want to run away. Oh well.
I will always be in the good fight for Spokane and don’t you forget that. I put myself on the line for our cause and am willing to do more of the same at a personal loss because there is more here at stake. That’s where I have spent 100% of my life and that’s where all my family is located. I have to say your comment is a bit offensive. I’m keeping all of my options open as my freedoms are my main concern. If the assault weapons thing were to pass by some sort of will against god then I would gtfo of WA. I don’t want to give tax dollars to a state like CA.

ecocks

imported post

You didn't respond as to which area(s) you are considering.

AK47hero

imported post

move to nampa or meridian, boise sucks, parking is a pain, drive like @ssholes, people are smug. there is a shooting range about 20 minutes outside of nampa and a couple shooting clubs. if you know someone that works at lloyds lumber they have a shooting range in the basement.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

I just moved from Meridian and miss it more than anyone will know. Uncle Sam, not my call. It's quiet, very. very low crime rate too. As a whole most of the LEO were good with open carry, pulled over once and he was completely cool with the fact I was armed. Don't know much about Nampa, so no advice there. Your lucky man, that's all I can say. I would consider retiring up there now that I have lived there already. Good luck.

digitalgiga

imported post

Yeah the gun laws in ID arn't bad at all. I moved from Cali up to ID and had a few firearms i took along with me. I didn't want to carry them in the car so i used this Idaho moving company http://www.movers-moving-companies.com/Idaho_ID/moving_company_Idaho.htm . No one really gave me much of a problem, and here i am now living the good life :p, I'm pretty happy where i am, specially coming from California

Vandal

imported post

If you are considering coming down to the Southern Half of Idaho, stay out of the Nampa/Caldwell area. That is unless you like living in the middle of 16+ documented and active hispanic gangs; some of which are currently at "war" with each other.

Boise, Meridian, Kuna and Eagle are the best bets for know safety and lack of gangs and crime. The Boise Metro area has a far better police and sheriff department as well as a fantastic fire and separate EMS system. Parking isn't an issue, at least I have never had one anywhere in town, and if you stay out of the North End of town you can avoid the Seattle wanna-bes. The Boise area drivers tend to drive a bit more aggressively, very similar to Spokane. In the immediate Boise area the major ranges are Black's Creek Shooting range and the Impact Guns' indoor range. if you travel outside of the Boise area there are others, but I have never seen the need to c=drive that far out of my way to shoot.

Since you are from Spokane, I probably don't need to chime in much about Northern Idaho. If you do chose to come over the state line the entire state has a lot to offer. As I mentioned earlier, just make sure you have work, it is still hard to find.

Jugglzo, you make Canyon County look even worse with your ignorant comments. Is the big city too much for you?