• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please Do Not LUCC At This Time

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Since "incorporated" U.S. Constitutional amendments 1 (assembly), 4 (searches and seizures), 5 (due process), and 6 (impartial jury) are skipped as long as you own a gun here, and the legislature will stop at nothing to harm gun owners...

We have to make sure they don't take the final step and pass a law that all persons and possessions (even locked possessions) shall be searched by law enforcement in order to find guns to be seized and destroyed. If not, we will have caused the total elimination of the 4A for not only gun owners, but non-gun owners as well. And then we'll be marched into the Pacific at torch and pitchfork-point.

Please either stand down on Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry and if you're religious, get down on your knees and pray there will never be a violent crime committed in your presence in CA, or flee the state for at least a decade until the Constitution is fully restored for gun owners.

:quirky

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Obviously you're trying to say that LUCC is equally dangerous to our future liberty as UOC. Your analogy is flawed. How many news detentions, arrests, convictions, and news media reports have resulted from UOC? How about LUCC?

I'll let you do the math, but my money is on 100+ to 0.

The only chance LUCC will make the evening news is if you have to actually draw your weapon. IMO, in that case you are justified in risking the liberty of others in order to defend yourself/others.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

LUCC = Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry (aka "Poor Man's CCW").

This refers to an exemption to our concealed carry law that allows one to conceal a handgun in a fully enclosed locked container. This also exempts you from our Gun Free School Zone Act, which is one of the main road blocks to self defense in CA. Loaded firearm law still applies, though.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Obviously you're trying to say that LUCC is equally dangerous to our future liberty as UOC. Your analogy is flawed. How many news detentions, arrests, convictions, and news media reports have resulted from UOC? How about LUCC?

I'll let you do the math, but my money is on 100+ to 0.

The only chance LUCC will make the evening news is if you have to actually draw your weapon. IMO, in that case you are justified in risking the liberty of others in order to defend yourself/others.
Since it seems like most veteran UOCers have stopped (and the rest will be stopped by law - without a doubt in the minds of the Calguns Foundation and cato, it seems) and licensed LOC in urban areas has been banned... the guns don't just disappear into thin air.

The legislature is not stupid; they and their agents are reading our forums, and know the guns haven't disappeared - we are still carrying. There's nothing to stop them from closing that "loophole" even if LUCC never makes the evening news. Not a single incorporated constitutional amendment has ever stopped them.

The legislature represents criminal safety above all else. No guns for law-abiding citizens = criminals have free reign.

Army

imported post

Despite my recent San Pedro love affair with the LAPD, I too have decided to notcarry in any form or styleuntil legislation is in place to fight this with real strength. (other than while camping or hiking)

Consider it to be; your standing on 18, the dealer has16, the house has ALL the odds but still has to deal.....and a3 is on top of the deck.

Incorporation assures that we have a King and an Ace, and the dealer is sitting on 17. House still has the odds, but we have a winner.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
LUCC = Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry (aka "Poor Man's CCW").

This refers to an exemption to our concealed carry law that allows one to conceal a handgun in a fully enclosed locked container. This also exempts you from our Gun Free School Zone Act, which is one of the main road blocks to self defense in CA. Loaded firearm law still applies, though.

Thanks!

SOneThreeCoupe

imported post

I will continue to LUCC; if "justice" is unjust, I will take no part in it and pay no heed to it.

coolusername2007

imported post

A ECNALG wrote:
Perhapswe could all just stand down on gun ownership in its entirety?

Hmm...just a thought.

Why stop there? We might as well give up our free speech and the rest of the BoRs while we're at it.

As a Polish women once told me (she grew up during the harder times and never really understood the USA) freedom is over-rated. :what:

YounGunz

imported post

in my opinion, your request is absurd. i shouldn't go to the range to pop some rounds off? or maybe i mail my gun to a target range days ahead of time? I don't understand your logic on calling LUCC a loophole. All we are doing is transporting lawfully. Yes, its a last resort thing that we must live with while we wait till we can UOC or LOC or get our CCW's, but there would be no grounds for this very simple act to become regulated, IMO. My goal is to be as well protected as i can be while still abiding by even our really disgusting laws. if that means stinky LUCC, and when possible(Near Impossible) UOC, then im stuck with that. & by the way i can be ready to rock&roll from LUCC in 5 seconds flat, consistently. so as far as its applicability in a defense situation while not by any means ideal, with a well executed reaction/plan it can very well save you. also, if i felt danger close in on me, i'd give myself a lead on loading ect...

camsoup

imported post

warcriminal wrote:
in my opinion, your request is absurd. i shouldn't go to the range to pop some rounds off? or maybe i mail my gun to a target range days ahead of time? I don't understand your logic on calling LUCC a loophole. All we are doing is transporting lawfully. Yes, its a last resort thing that we must live with while we wait till we can UOC or LOC or get our CCW's, but there would be no grounds for this very simple act to become regulated, IMO. My goal is to be as well protected as i can be while still abiding by even our really disgusting laws. if that means stinky LUCC, and when possible(Near Impossible) UOC, then im stuck with that. & by the way i can be ready to rock&roll from LUCC in 5 seconds flat, consistently. so as far as its applicability in a defense situation while not by any means ideal, with a well executed reaction/plan it can very well save you. also, if i felt danger close in on me, i'd give myself a lead on loading ect...
And I don't understand why everyone calls UOC a loophole, All we are doing is transporting/carrying lawfully.

There is no need to wait to UOC or LOC (were allowed), there is simply a request for us not to do it.

Your post reminded me of something I was thinking about recently.

In general it amazes me of all the people that used to say things like, "UOC is worthless", "it takes you at least 2-3 seconds to be ready", "whats the point of carrying an empty gun", "an empty gun is no better than a club". Those same people have now embraced LUCC as the new standard to carry without a CCW? :shock:

Yet with LUCC the gun is Locked, empty, takes more than 2-3 seconds to be ready to engage, you must manipulate your locking device, draw from a bag/container and then load.