Thread: OpenCarry News

Post imported post

http://news.yahoo.com/video/local-15749667/17634003

Sheriff's deputies on the Peninsula say they are getting more and more calls about people openly carrying guns on the street. It's part of a growing national movement called "open carry." Kiet Do reports.

..even at church... some officers say this could be dangerous....

Interesting article and actually doesn't seem to judge as much as present both sides.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Post imported post

If only they could carry "da bullets" in a manor that was useful.

Oh well I guess they have to start somewhere, I hope they can get their rights back.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    If only they could carry "da bullets" in a manor that was useful.

Oh well I guess they have to start somewhere, I hope they can get their rights back.
    It's Kalifornia (sometimes called Commiefornia). Don't hold your breath.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

i like how most students are so horrified about the idea of people carrying guns. some of my friends included. god forbid we have feces hit the fan or some kind of red dawn scenario. what would they do? other than come crawling back to us people who believe in self defense whom they have bashed unrelentlessly(sp?)

Post imported post

leoffensive wrote:
    i like how most students are so horrified about the idea of people carrying guns. some of my friends included. god forbid we have feces hit the fan or some kind ofVirginia Tech or Mall shootingscenario. what would they do? other than come crawling back to us people who believe in self defense whom they have bashed unrelentlessly(sp?)
    I fixed it for you. It is not necessary to resort to the hyperbole of a fictional scenario when reality adequately conveys the same message.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com