• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry News

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

http://news.yahoo.com/video/local-15749667/17634003

Sheriff's deputies on the Peninsula say they are getting more and more calls about people openly carrying guns on the street. It's part of a growing national movement called "open carry." Kiet Do reports.

..even at church... some officers say this could be dangerous....

Interesting article and actually doesn't seem to judge as much as present both sides.

nova

imported post

If only they could carry "da bullets" in a manor that was useful.

Oh well I guess they have to start somewhere, I hope they can get their rights back. :)

leoffensive

imported post

i like how most students are so horrified about the idea of people carrying guns. some of my friends included. god forbid we have feces hit the fan or some kind of red dawn scenario. what would they do? other than come crawling back to us people who believe in self defense whom they have bashed unrelentlessly(sp?)

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

leoffensive wrote:
i like how most students are so horrified about the idea of people carrying guns. some of my friends included. god forbid we have feces hit the fan or some kind ofVirginia Tech or Mall shootingscenario. what would they do? other than come crawling back to us people who believe in self defense whom they have bashed unrelentlessly(sp?)
I fixed it for you. It is not necessary to resort to the hyperbole of a fictional scenario when reality adequately conveys the same message.