• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would you do??? or......Am I wrong???

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

I've just started OC, but for the past several years I have CC'd illegally virtually everywhere I go even in bars and restaurants with the full knowledge that if I pull the gun I go to jail until it gets sorted out.

But if I NEED it, I got it! And if I NEED it then the law be damned at that point.

KansasKraut

imported post

XDm-40_guy wrote:
Most of us have thought about this including me. Many people I've talked to have said if their life were in danger enough, they would conceal carry to protect their life and/or their family's life, and I can't say I would disagree. In Wisconsin it's a misdemeanor if caught CCing a firearm no matter how many times caught. That also is probably part of the problem with the criminals who carry guns for the wrong reasons and won't learn their lesson. But I guess if I were in enough danger I would maybe CC to protect my life and if I were to be caught it would be more worth the risk for protecting my life than if it were to be a felony charge.
Seconded. Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six if your life is seriously in danger.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Spartacus wrote:
I've just started OC, but for the past several years I have CC'd illegally virtually everywhere I go even in bars and restaurants with the full knowledge that if I pull the gun I go to jail until it gets sorted out.

But if I NEED it, I got it! And if I NEED it then the law be damned at that point.
I too have concealed in the past just knowing that the risk of being caught was less than the danger I might encounter. I haven't done it very often though.

Support The 2nd

imported post

So now OCDO members are admitting to and condoning breaking the law.

That is EXACTLY why the law-abiding deer hunters WON'T support you guys. You've just admitted to being criminals and as others posted here, we KNOW LEO watches this forum.

I will NOT support those who choose to break the law.

GreenCountyPete

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
So the magic question then is:

How do we get through to the "hunters" and let them know we ARE them!

the next phase of the campain should to put together a solid presentation thouroghly research common questions have good answers and take the presentation to

every sportsmans club , gun show , sportsmans show and rod and real club trust me many of them want concealed carry they just need to see that open carry is a veihcle to the concealed carry , or atleast a way to take control of our state and our right.

they almost all have monthly meatings and most are happy to have presenters , if you can find a LEO to help with the presentation it will be that much better.

that takes a lot of time from some very valuable resources to take good presenters to all these places ,but if you put together a good 15-20 minute video it could be sent out with more people who can answer questions and spread the word.

bringing the video to lots of places not just fellow gun owners could also help to educate people about open carry when people understand they will be less likly to call the police , making carry an everyday thing easier and easier.

a table at a gun show is relitivly inexpensive , and you can be assured almost every one there owns and likes guns and belives in the right to own them the next step is to carry them but definitly sell the idea that we belive that the good people of wisconsin should have what ever carry they want open or concealed we are all for choices , but that we need to excersize this right as it has not been taken from us while we work to liberate our concealed right in time.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:

That is EXACTLY why the law-abiding deer hunters WON'T support you guys. You've just admitted to being criminals and as others posted here, we KNOW LEO watches this forum.

Most "law abiding deer hunters" break the law each year by either laying a loaded firearm against their vehicle or opening a rifle case with the rifle still in the trunk or on the seat. Most handgun hunters are guilty of having a jacket cover up their handgun at some point or another. I am not justifying breaking the law but pointing out that No one can claim moral superiority here. The reality is that carry for defense of your family andyourself is a personal decision. As in the Vegas case, the courts recognize the right to self defense.

The thing that everyone needs to keep in mind is that if one of these poisoned CCW bills gets passed where CCW without a permit is a penalty, a past conviction for CCW could become a big deal.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:

Pfffft...

Will you be around to support me when someone tries to harm me or my loved ones?

Will the cops be there?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Spartacus wrote:
Support The 2nd wrote:

Pfffft...

Will you be around to support me when someone tries to harm me or my loved ones?

Will the cops be there?
the cops are only a phone call & 10 minutes away....:?

32HR MAG

imported post

Support the 2nd Do you?The 2nd says we have the right to carry and it does not say how. I think you need to find a new username.

They are only ten minutes away Do you live next to Dunkin Donuts?
If I truly needed them. I'm sure it would take longer than that.lol

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

32HR MAG wrote:
Support the 2nd Do you?The 2nd says we have the right to carry and it does not say how. I think you need to find a new username.

They are only ten minutes away Do you live next to Dunkin Donuts?
If I truly needed them. I'm sure it would take longer than that.lol
that was a very conservative time estimate. 10 minutes for the first squad to show, 20 more minutes until enough back up arrives, 15 minutes to put a plan together, then another 20 minutes until swat shows up....by that time your a lifeless victim.:?

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
that was a very conservative time estimate. 10 minutes for the first squad to show, 20 more minutes until enough back up arrives, 15 minutes to put a plan together, then another 20 minutes until swat shows up....by that time your a lifeless victim.:?
Hahaha... so true and you made me chuckle.

Does the second amendment apply to lifeless victims? I wonder if I would be charged with something if when they were prying my handgun out of my cold, dead fingers it went off and killed somebody?