Thread: Pheasant Lane Mall, (Restricted) from all weapons and Firearms even with NH License to carry

Post imported post

Hi everyone, I thought I should tell you that last Sunday I went to the Verizon in the Pheasant Lane Mall to pay a cell phone bill and I was approached my mall security, They asked me if I was some sort of police officer because they saw a part of my Holster with my Megastar 45 in the holster hanging down from under my leather jacket. I showed them my non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License and they told me it wasn't allowed even with a License because it was considered private property, They asked me what was my purpose for coming to Verizon and I told them to pay a bill then leave, they told me I could do that and I did, I was not even followed out of the Mall, I didn't even see one security officer when I left, I bet they were watching though, They were very polite to me and I had to reason to give them a hard time, I should have asked at the time if it was posted in the mall no weapons allowed, then again it will be my last time I go there till they change that policy, I have been carrying for 14 years in Mass, NH and Maine and Im not going to stop for some foolish policy that make no sense for your own safety, that's just how I feel.

Did anyone here go threw the same thing at this Mall in Nashua? Does anyone know If the Rockingham Mall in Salem has the same policy?

Post imported post

Never heard stories, but have been told they are posted. Legally all they can do is ask you to leave. You can't get in trouble just being there. Unless they ask you to leave and you refuse.

Post imported post

Pheasant Land and Rockingham are both owned by the same Parent Company and as such will have the same policies.

"in general" most malls will have the exact same policies....they will usually only have it posted in Mall entrances not anchor store entrances.
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

Warning

-- Deleted for Rule Violation --

Post imported post

The Rockingham Mall only has signs at the food court entrance.I have never seen a sign at the Pheasant lane mall.I always carry at either one.especially the rockingham.there are no armed "security guards " there at all.At least the pheasant lane has a remote nashua p.d. station.

Post imported post

Rattrapper wrote:
    -- Deleted for Rule Violation --
    Let's not fling stereotypes and epithets, O.K.? Stay on topic and on point.

Post imported post

Semper Fi!

Post imported post

You've got to be really careful in the Pheasant lane mall. Parts of it are in MA. If you're caught with a concealed or open firearm on the Tyngsboro side, you'll certainly be arrested by MA police and they won't be nice about it. I believe that parts of the Sears store and a big chunk of the parking lot are MA. There was an incident of some sort of "parking rage" there last year where Nashua and Tyngsboro police were called because someone showed a firearm. They actually had to call in a surveyer to check where the guy was to determine if he was going to be arrested for unlawful possesion of a firearm or be left to go home.

Post imported post

Jeremy2141 wrote:
    You've got to be really careful in the Pheasant lane mall. Parts of it are in MA. If you're caught with a concealed or open firearm on the Tyngsboro side, you'll certainly be arrested by MA police and they won't be nice about it. I believe that parts of the Sears store and a big chunk of the parking lot are MA. There was an incident of some sort of "parking rage" there last year where Nashua and Tyngsboro police were called because someone showed a firearm. They actually had to call in a surveyer to check where the guy was to determine if he was going to be arrested for unlawful possesion of a firearm or be left to go home.
    huh...so does Sears have to make sure that all of their registers are on the NH side...other wise you gotta pay sales tax ? :shock:
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

Jeremy2141 wrote:
    Actually; only parts of the PARKING lot are in MA. The stores/shops are 100% in NH. When they were building it they were intending to build the restaurants in MA and the shops in NH, but that didn't go through as planned.

Post imported post

Thanks for that. I remember hearing on the Bulldog Live show on WTPL a few months ago that there had been an incident in the parking lot nearsears.

Post imported post

My girl and I went to the Mall of New Hampshire in Manchester yesterday. Entered at Best Buy walked through the entire mall stopped in numerous shops. I would say we were there for about 1 1/2hr mid-afternoon on Saturday. I OC'd the entire time without any incident.
    "Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again"

Post imported post

When they say be careful about the MA border, they mean it. It's a MANDATORY 1 YEAR SENTENCE.

A Class A LTC from MA costs around $100 a year, last I heard, and takes about 4 months to issue.

Post imported post

I have my MA Resident Class A LTC with No Restrictions and my NH non-Resident Pistol/Revolver license, I also have a Pennsylvania License to carry too. I'm covered in a few different places, I used to have Maine but just didn't go there much anymore.
    I had all licenses on me when I went to that mall. It looks like a lot of malls will lose my Business. Is there any malls that don't have this crap of a policy?

Post imported post

I thought malls/shopping centers, since they are open to the public, were considered public and thus individual liberty and freedom are protected by the Constitution. I don't have any specific SCOTUS cases in mind, so feel free to correct me or do my Googling for me

Post imported post

gleach wrote:
    I thought malls/shopping centers, since they are open to the public, were considered public and thus individual liberty and freedom are protected by the Constitution.
    No, they're private property that is open to the public. Big difference.

Post imported post

Right..I wasn't saying they were public property..I was thinking that even though it was private property, because it was open to the public, it was considered a public place (meaning they can't limit your freedom of speech/expression/etc.), and I was inferring that the Constitutional protections might extend to all of our rights on those same grounds.

Post imported post

gutshot wrote:
    gleach wrote:
    Right..I wasn't saying they were public property..I was thinking that even though it was private property, because it was open to the public, it was considered a public place (meaning they can't limit your freedom of speech/expression/etc.), and I was inferring that the Constitutional protections might extend to all of our rights on those same grounds.

The Constitution protects us from abuse by the government. Private citizens are free to violate your rights as they please
    Excellent point..thanks
    As I had originally stated, I was open to correction.

Post imported post

gutshot wrote:
    gleach wrote:

The Constitution protects us from abuse by the government. Private citizens are free to violate your rights as they please
    Not true. There are many cases where federal law and the Constitution prohibit private citizens from violating our rights.

Try, as a private business owner to put up a sign saying "no blacks". You're going to be in a world of hurt.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

We-the-People wrote:
    gutshot wrote:
    gleach wrote:

Not true. There are many cases where federal law and the Constitution prohibit private citizens from violating our rights.

Try, as a private business owner to put up a sign saying "no blacks". You're going to be in a world of hurt.
    A business can violate your right freedom of speech in/on their facility
    A business can violate your right to carry a gun.
    A business can violate your right to privacy and search your bags/possessions when you enter/leave.

The example you choose is NOT a constitutionally protected right.

Post imported post

A private business can limit your right to free speech on their property as no such right exists except to protect us from government. Just as this board can kick off anyone they wish, a private property owner can do the same.

They can prohibit you from entering without agreeing to a search but they can not just arbitrarilly decide to search your stuff. Well they can but settled civil cases show that if it wasn't a condition of entry, it's gonna cost them.

They can prohibit you from entering or remaining while carrying a firearm. This should not be for any business open to the general public (retail stores, malls, big box stores, etc.) but is the way it is.....for now.

The example I chose, of a prohibition based on race is most definitely a Constitutionally protected right which can not be dismissed by a business owner. Race, color, gender, ethnic background, age, and a couple of others have been ruled to be "protected classes" against which a business owner can not discriminate.

We are headed to the day that private property which is open to the general public will not be able to discriminate against firearms carriers. Some may think that is against the Constitution but it is not and here is why. If the property owner doesn't want to have gun carriers on his property he merely needs to not allow the public on his property.

There are a lot more intrusive rules and regulations which business owners must deal with in order to "stay legal" when opening their doors to the general public. Ever heard of the ADA? It costs private business billions of dollars since its signature into law. The EPA, OSHA, Bureau's of Labor, and a myriad of other acronym toting government money wasters have seen to it that they all have a little say in removing a little piece of freedom here and a little piece there. Generally with a nice price tag attached.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.