Thread: Motion Denied: Congratulations - Plus a Caveat

Post imported post

I'm concernedthat one whose permanent residence is a home that is actively mobilemay notnot file tax returns in the various states in which he resides. Further, note that page 15 of the order makes reference to the Revenue and Taxation Code which between lines 23 & 24 appears to indicate you are "a resident taxable upon his entire net income even though he may retain his domicile in some other state or country."

Ifyou haven't filed any CA returns as a part-year resident the defendant might possibly attempt to use that fact to prove you never thought of yourself as a resident of any part of California.

Good luck in going forward.

Post imported post

I am aware of this situation and am prepared to address any and all issues regarding taxes. The facts regarding thetimes I've been in California are very well documented along with the times that I have NOT been in California.

I expect that there will be assaults of various types on every aspect of my position.

I did not file this law suitwith my eyes closed.

Thank you for your concern.

Post imported post

It's possible to live in a state and not have any income while being there. Income generated in Florida while you are in Calif wouldn't be taxable in Calif. So there would be no need to file a Calif state income tax return.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    It's possible to live in a state and not have any income while being there. Income generated in Florida while you are in Calif wouldn't be taxable in Calif. So there would be no need to file a Calif state income tax return.
    Not really true, a part-year resident is taxed on all income from all sources while a resident and only on income derived from California sources while a nonresident.