• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

XDm 45 ACP

wally1120

imported post

I am curious if there was anyone else that is Intrested in Springfield Armory making a XDm 45 ACP? I am leaning more toward the Compact version, Or a Sub - Compact version would be GREAT as well. But has anyone else ever wanted a XDm 45?

wally1120

imported post

HAHA, I to kinda figured the 3.8 was not useful. After all it is only about 1/2 " shorter. I would love to see the XDm 45 Compact, I love my XD Compact, And would own the XDm 45 Compact as well. Or do something they never done before, And bring the more powerful 10MM into the mix. But I would much rather it be a 45 ACP.

45acpForMe

imported post

I am waiting to see how many rounds a XDm in 45acp holds.

Para 15, Glock & XD 13, H&K USP 12, Sig P250, H&K45, S&WMP 10....

I also was waiting for the Sig P250, H&K45, & S&W MP but lost interest at 10 round capacity. Sig finally makes a 45 double stack magazine gun and then limits it to 10!!! Thank goodness Para is around.

Many others love the XD and now the XDm lines. I like them but am not holding my breath any longer.

wally1120

imported post

If Springfield was to make a XDm 45, I would like a Compct version. Something like the XD Compact, Magazine should hold 10 Rounds. The 13 Round Magazine, the Grip is just way to big. I would like something like the XD Compact that I have, Just a XDm Version.

The XD Compact is a Compact, It is a little big, But it is a 45 so that is going to have to be bigger then a 9x19, or a 40 S&W. And the Glock 26 is a Sub - Compact, So that is a completly different ball game. But if Springfield was to come out with a XDM that was something like the Glock 30, That would make me just as happy.

The perfect gun Springfield needs to come out with,

1) 3 - 4" BBL

2) 10 Round Magazine, They can also have an option for a 13 Round Magazine. I just want the 10 Rounders.

3) 5" Grip

4) Factory Night Sights

5) Front, and Rear Serrations

6) (3) Magazines

KansasMustang

imported post

I've been waiting for Springfield to come out with an XDM in .45 ACP but alas and alack they have not. Kind of like the changeable backstrap idea. Haven't tried an XDM in .40 cal but might think about it.

wally1120

imported post

If anyone is intrested in the XDm 45, Send a Emial to them. I just sent them a Email, And they said " We haven`t had enough Intrest in it yet". So if you are intrested in it, Please Email them, I can supply the link to contact if needed. Lets put some fire under the ars, and get the XDm 45 in production.

Glock It

imported post

how about the 3.8 ina .45 :cool:

that would give the G30 a run for its money or even the EMP 1911 for Sprinfield

wally1120

imported post

That would be fine with me, As long as Springfield makes the XDm in a 45. It wouldn`t matter the Barrel length, But I would ant the Grip to be the same as the XD Compact.

ACEllis

Hutch/Wichita ~ Missing Littleton, Co :(, Kansas,
imported post

Hate to be the bearer of bad news... measure the size of the 9mm and .40S&W XDM frames and then measure the XD45 frames. You'll notice they are the same size... because they are the same frame. You won't see an XDM45 coming out for that general reason. It would be essentially a match grade XD45.

AC

wally1120

imported post

ACEllis wrote:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news... measure the size of the 9mm and .40S&W XDM frames and then measure the XD45 frames. You'll notice they are the same size... because they are the same frame. You won't see an XDM45 coming out for that general reason. It would be essentially a match grade XD45.

AC
A 9mm and a 40 is not the sameFrame of the 45, A 45 Frame is going to be bigger. And I do have a feeling that Springfield will be coming out with a XDm 45 soon, It took a while for the XD Compact 45 to hit production. So it may take awhile to get off of the line, But I have confidence in Springfield coming out with the XDm 45 sooner or later.

wally1120

imported post

OH, If Springfield was to come out with the XDm the same exact size as the XD the first one. That would make me very happy, I am wanting the XDm Compact 45. I dont want a Magazine capacity of 13 or more, I would be happy with the 10 round Magazines. If it is the EXACT SAME SIZE as the first XD produced then that would be great.

Or if they made something that was smaller the first XD Compact, That would be great to. So if they do come out with a XDm, The Length needs to be NO bigger then 7", and the Height of the gun needs to be NO more then 5". But if they want to make it smaller then them dimensions, that would work out just as well.