• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Herndon UNICORN Condition ?

dyver1

imported post

Last Sunday I was in Herndon at the Advanced Auto on Centreville Rd south of the Toll Rd at about 1230 PM.

At the counter was an african american male customer open carrying what appeared to be a Glock in a nylon holster but the clip was clearly NOT in the gun but rather in a pouch on the front side of the holster. :uhoh:

I happend to be CCing at the time because of the way I was dressed, and I was in a hurry, so I did not stop and engage him in a conversation about why he had the clip out of the Glock, but I found it to be a rather odd way to carry.

Seems to me if I need my gun in a hurry, I don't want to be wrestling with a clip in a pouch and trying to load the gun before I can employ it to defend myself or someone else. :banghead:

If it was any of you out there, I would love to know why you carry that way?

Be careful out there!

Paul

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

You would be surprised at how many folks believe that they can only OC an unloaded pistol. I've set a few straight on that but there are also folks who just aren't comfortable carrying with rounds present in the firearm or don't carry with a loaded chamber. I've have also seen a person who lost his magazine and didn't know it so I have and will ask them if they know their gun is unloaded.

Forty-five

imported post

dyver1 wrote:
...Glock in a nylon holster but the clip was clearly NOT in the gun but rather in a pouch on the front side of the holster...
Interesting. Odd, but interesting.

Let me guess. There were no rounds in the mag, but rather they were in aseparate pouch on the rear side of the holster.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VApatriot wrote:
ed wrote:
dyver1 wrote:
Glock in a nylon holster but the clip was clearly NOT in the gun
Thats because Glocks are not loaded with CLIPS, they use magazines.

Good image and post. Makes the difference very clear. I wish we had a sort of glossary thread where these sorts of images could live and be referenced when needed.

VApatriot

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
VApatriot wrote:
ed wrote:
dyver1 wrote:

Good image and post. Makes the difference very clear. I wish we had a sort of glossary thread where these sorts of images could live and be referenced when needed.
Feel free to reproduce this image on the interwebs as often as needed.

RedKnightt

imported post

Maybe he was going from the car repair place to a gun store to look for a new holster? If I'm going to try out new holsters, I take the weapon to the store unloaded.

nova

imported post

KaosDad wrote:
VApatriot wrote:
ed wrote:
dyver1 wrote:
Oh, that's why Ed was going pound me. So the SKS uses a clip, but the AR uses a mag? I get it now!

:celebrate
an SKS can use both a clip and a magazine. You use the 10rd stripper clip to load the 10rd fixed internal magazine. Or you can load the 10rd fixed internal magazine one round at a time by hand.